Does White look right?

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
So i was just wondering what your guy's thoughts were on me painting my rims white. here is a before:
p1298849_1.jpg

and here she is after:
p1298849_2.jpg

so should i go white or stay chrome?

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
MHO, chrome or some other highly reflective coating. A flat color like the white just doesn't go with your paint job.

Ash

Greased-Up Deaf Guy
Dec 27, 2008
Grand Forks, BC
I prefer white, but I think that chrome looks kinda tacky on most vehicles.

Have you considered gunmetal or black? My personal fave is glossy black wheels on a red paintjob.

Looking at your pics again I see that you have the silver trims on your door. I bet silver/gunmetal would look GREAT on your car! (I have the same colour trims on my white '90 and my wheels are that gunmetal/silver and it matches great. The car came that way when I bought it but that was honestly one of the things that sold me on the car).

Last edited:

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
If you want to change it, leave the lip chrome and do the center gunmetal or grey to match the mouldings.

Or leave it chrome.

Edit: I like white rims on some cars, red is one of them but the photshop doesn't look good in this case, just doesn't work.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Don't know what the lot of these people are talking about...It's not even that bad...

White looks hot for those wheels. Go for it.

Chrome gets boring as hell.....
Shit, I'd go white myself. But I have my mind set on gold.

Last edited:

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
I say go gunmetal/or some kind of black. Those rims dont really look white in the picture though, they just look like the chrome is over poweringly shiney..lol