Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
p1299234_1.jpg

p1299234_2.jpg

Last edited:

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
Dude, it doesn't matter how many pics of different red cars with white wheels you post for us to look at. They're still red cars with white wheels, and that's, well, :umno:

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
mirage83;1299253 said:
Dude, it doesn't matter how many pics of different red cars with white wheels you post for us to look at. They're still red cars with white wheels, and that's, well, :umno:

Thing is, these pictures aren't meant for you or for anyone else but the OP.

That's great. You don't like red on white. Cool.
I'm not posting to change your mind. But if I do, awesome.

I posted because he took an interest in white wheels. I thought the photochop looked good, and gave him examples of other red cars on white to take into consideration for what he might want to do in the end.

mirage83

Mar 21, 2008
Georgia
ERA;1299265 said:
Thing is, these pictures aren't meant for you or for anyone else but the OP.

That's great. You don't like red on white. Cool.
I'm not posting to change your mind. But if I do, awesome.

I posted because he took an interest in white wheels. I thought the photochop looked good, and gave him examples of other red cars on white to take into consideration for what he might want to do in the end.

Fair enough. Just wasn't certain who they were intended for as everyone was pitching in their opinions.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
thing also is those red cars look nothing like his red supra. those cars are solid red, his has a gunmetal color trim to it. My opinion is to do what you like, I think you should get a good side shot of the car and do some photoshopping with different colors.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Meh. The 240 (which is practically an A70) I posted earlier has all kinds of shit on it. And it still looks good (imo of course)

But yes, whatever you like, TG.

tturnpaw

Supra Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2007
Everett, WA
Im just not liking the wheels period. Something about the cobra r wheels on other cars just doesnt look good to me. I think the hardest part would be trying to get the paint to stick to the chrome.

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
well i think i'm going with white. i will be getting different rims this summer anyway. its just something alot of supra owners don't do so im going with it. when it gets a new paintjob, the trim will be red as well. then, i think the rims will go with it better.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
White wheels look like shit. Sometimes they look acceptable, but in that same circumstance there are other colours which WILL look better.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
Different strokes for different folks.
I personally like the "pop" it gives rather than, "another set" of shiny wheels.

Lol, I think I've said my piece enough already.
I'm done.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
I have a question for ERA but not to start shit.....

If you like it so much why arent your "just another set of shiny wheels" painted white?

Personally i think its horrible but to each his own. In a more serious note.......i wonder how long their gonna stay looking white white? Like new white shoes the first time you get dirt on them their not the same ever again.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
SupaMan;1299625 said:
I have a question for ERA but not to start shit.....

If you like it so much why arent your "just another set of shiny wheels" painted white?

1. I'm lazy as hell. To add, I haven't been motivated so much to care about the Supra right now to be honest. I'm considering of just storing it for a while and pulling it out when I'm older and not so frequent with it. ( I really would love to drive another car for a change. Kind of that "realizing you miss something after it's gone" without resorting to selling it. Because yes, I very much think I would regret it.)

2. I'm broke. And If I do have money, would rather spend it on Chuck Taylors. Again, the interest in my Supra has died down.

Initially, white wasn't even questioned as an option, having always wanted a black/polished lip combo while in the early days of owning my Supra. You'd see it anywhere, so there was definitely an influence on me. Chrome is pretty much "standard"

Same goes after seeing a couple of cars (not just red) with white wheels. Again, I love the pop it gives (as does gold does for me). Though you can't really say so with white on white...

I guess all in all, its more of a personal thing, while although not much, it stands out in my eyes and goes well with a car with color.

So, would I ever consider painting my current wheels white? Yes.

In terms of another set of wheels I plan on buying in the future, will I ever go with white ones? Probably. It's highly likely.

Black or gunmetal? Not so much.

Gold is what I'm opting out for. But white is just as much up there.
And who knows, I get bored with my car a lot.

And it's not so much that I'm posting because I tend to love white wheels and feel so strongly about the matter (keep in mind, it depends on the wheel design itself a lot also, ex. boostnloose [the convexity and width of his spokes make it kind of funny]), but that, it's not even that bad as most would put it (again, imo).

Lol, can we be done now? I've stated where I stand as with many others.
People love it. People hate it. People think they're ok.

In the end TooGoode has chosen to paint them.

Yeah?

Last edited: