Does White look right?

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
I personally am a fan of white wheels,but for some reason I don't really care for those particular wheels in white,I really think they need a chrome/polished lip to look good,or be a different style of wheel(like the ones on the 240 that ERA posted.)

Steely

Oct 22, 2008
Rhode Island
yay he's going with the white... finally my different opinion is the same as someone else's. and just as a side note.... everyone should have seen that he was gonna go white from the beginning and i agree with the "pop" statement they really do pop

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
I think the white rims look badass on the bright red mk3.. In fact this has motivated me to get some white rims for my red mk3.. White on red FTW!!:evil2:

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
jdub, ian, can you guys tell me this looks bad?
p1299823_1.jpg
i think they go well with our cars.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
And, neither do I. Way too rice for me ;)
(not to mention what AZ dirt & rocks are going to do to them)

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
Imo... white wheels only look good on white cars ... on the other hand ... black w/ a chrome lip looks great on almost any car ...
Just my opinion

a pic of my Supra w/ white wheels ...NOT painted
p1299849_1.jpg

Last edited:

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
The white doesn't look too bad, but I would stay with the chrome. I'm not really a big fan of painted rims, they sometimes look so fake and generic especially when over done.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I have nothing against white wheels on red supra. But for your wheels and IMO i think staying the way they are would be better than painting them white. Always what you like in the end is more importan than what I or anyone else think right?

ilovemysupra

Oct 5, 2008
Melrose, MN
TooGoode;1299483 said:
well i think i'm going with white. i will be getting different rims this summer anyway. its just something alot of supra owners don't do so im going with it. when it gets a new paintjob, the trim will be red as well. then, i think the rims will go with it better.

they don't do it for a reason...

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
ERA;1300168 said:
In an ever growing Supra world of whale tails, GRacers, turbo-A ducts, and bomex ground effects, you do what you can ;)

You right about that...way too many of the Honda crowd type is turning an excellent car into an abomination :gotrice:

By "doing what you can"...it's sad.