Does anyone know how to make their Mk3 turbo sound like this bov or whatever it is

Clied

Wangan Supra
Jun 8, 2006
NorCal
if its a bov then im thinking its a greddy type r otherwise it may just be wastegate chatter.

Wade T

7m Mk2 terror
Apr 6, 2005
Seattle
thechori;931276 said:
i cant hear much with that weird music

haha

DoomII music my man. Deff better than all that rap/hiphop crap in many other vids. Was just screwing around with movie maker and used it.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Wade T;950141 said:
Supra of DOOM, I should have known! Love that sig!!

haha i just started to replay that game but i have to finish Blake Stone: Planet Strike and ROTT though.

Nice BOV Though i have the type S

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
Yeah people get so confused about compressor surge for some reason... they all think it's the BOV making that sound.

I usually like to ask: "Why would a bov, under a constant vacuum make the valve open and close rapidly to make that sound?"

As for "wastegate flutter": I'm sorry, there is no such thing UNLESS you're referring to the sound the the valve makes as it regulates boost pressure... usually only heard on solenoid style EBC's.

So in conclusion...
The sound you're hearing is from compressor surge, and nothing else.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
MK3Brent;951551 said:
Yeah people get so confused about compressor surge for some reason... they all think it's the BOV making that sound.

I usually like to ask: "Why would a bov, under a constant vacuum make the valve open and close rapidly to make that sound?"

As for "wastegate flutter": I'm sorry, there is no such thing UNLESS you're referring to the sound the the valve makes as it regulates boost pressure... usually only heard on solenoid style EBC's.

So in conclusion...
The sound you're hearing is from compressor surge, and nothing else.

THANK YOU.

:)