Digi dash connectors

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
What I would like to do is team up with someone who is really good with fabrication and work tgether to get this done. My goal is to completely understand the internal schematics. Not just the outside wiring. I would love to ultimately be able to convert the signals to run mph and also to be able to use the stock fuel sender. If someone knows a point of contact at ND to get the engineering schematics for it, that will make it possible. I mean, the boards have a bunch of test points, so someone has to have internal drawings of this.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
KPH to MPH is easier done outside the cluster, just buy a converter box with the right ratio. Of course, there is a limited market for that, as the USA is close to the last place on the planet still clutching fearfully at the screwball Imperial measurement system that makes about as much sense as the emotional stability of teenage girls.

No idea how the stock fuel sensor is different from the digital one, as I don't have one to examine.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Well, I'll check mine and see what I figure out. There has to be a circuit in there that counts the pulses and associates them to a certain speed. I might be able to change a resistor or cap value to make it read the correct amount for mph. I prefer kph, but my goal is a system that can be modified. Heck, even one that would work on the 2j, 1j, or 7m ignition signals.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
I got most of the digi dash to power up. Still need the tems display and such, but I will have to buy that separate I guess. Oh, does anyone have the pinout for the digital fuel sender? I am going to try and find the values for full and empty. My thoughts are if we can find a suitable replacement in the States off some other car for cheap, then we all don't have to search for some hard to find digital fuel sender. Are they pinned out the same as the analog ones? The connector looks to be the same.
*Update*- If anyone is curious, I did some digging and found a company who makes the connectors for the harness as well as the part numbers for them. The company is Yazaki. The part numbers are as follows:
20 pin: 7283-1200
18 pin: 7123-1280
12 pin: 7123-1210
Contact P/N: 7116-4020

Hopefully that will benefit some of you guys. It looks like that company makes a ton of the connectors for our cars.

Last edited:

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Awesome! Thanks so much! Sorry, I've been busy with tons of work with the driveability aspect of the car to get much headway with the digidash. I will get back to it. I promise!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta