Digi dash connectors

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
Hey everyone, I just acquired a digi dash and I'm trying to get the connectors for the back. I PM'd Dr. Tweak but he doesn't have those connectors. Does anyone know where I can source those? Also, to power the cluster up, I just need to apply 12v to pin 1 and GND to pin 9 of the 20 pin connector, right?

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Those would be awesome! You don't happen to know of a place or a person I can buy a digidash from, do you? The one I got was destroyed in shipping, so I get to spend more money to replace the broken one I received. I've looked on ebay, but they are $300, plus another $120+ for shipping. That's a pretty big chunk of change for a dash that "looks cool".

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Your MK3 is right hand drive right? Because I've only seen the digitial dash for JDM MK3s that are right hand drive, which sucks because I'd love one in my LHD MK3.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Well, I am in Washington State and am planning on doing it to my LHD 87 Supra. I'm not afraid of electrical work (I actually enjoy it, being an electronics guy), but I tried looking at the EPC for 89+ on the cygnusx1 site and it is no longer there. I have no idea how to find the part numbers now. The NATO one is there, but not the RHD one. I would love to find internal schematics to the gauge cluster as well, but I really doubt that ever happening. I wish one of you people worked for Denso! Don't worry. Once I get this stuff going, I will share the knowledge all around. If anyone has another cluster that they would be willing to sell, I would be happy to buy it. The one I got was packaged rather poorly and arrived broken. USPS pretty much gave me the finger as well, so I spent $300 on a busted up digi dash. Oh well. I can use it for mock ups I guess. Inside of the digi dash, it looks pretty straight forward to get it all done. The hard part (for me at least) is going to be silkscreening the numbers onto the new plastic LHD cover.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I have two of the digi dash units - one disassembled, one assembled. Never have managed to get my grimy mitts on the fuel sender, and I only have the speedo cable box for one. I was hoping Stretch would end up with a case he could mass produce, and I'd pester him into making me one. I have a bunch of the wiring information stashed away somewhere.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Well, I have the dimmer, fuel sender, and speedo for mine. Kinda useless without the main piece though. I wouldn't be too worried, except the glass display for the tems and such is broken. glass shards fell out of the unit when I took the cover off.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
If someone on here could convert the JDM OEM digidash for LHD they would make a lot of money I'd get in line to buy one asap. From the builds I have seen like Stretch's the only sort of problem is that the gauges for like fuel and such that are slanted will be slanted in the wrong direction when you convert it to LHD because they are meant for RHD obviously.