Did we really go to the moon?

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
HellsLegion said:

I dont even know why I bother but, Alot of science and technology has come from our exploration of the moon. If we didnt go, it makes it very difficult to explain the existence of the technology. Also its fairly easy to follow the timeline of sub-orbital>orbital>lunar>trans-universal flight technology. It would also be awfully hard to keep such an elaborate hoax from being revealed by those involved, AND to have to fabricate the illustrious careers of some of the poineers in space travel all while keeping a lid on the whole thing.

Like someone else said...show me some credible evidence. And when your done I'll show you twice as much evidence that proves we did go to the moon.

Side note: My father was a scientist who helped study trace elements in the rocks that were brought back. He was lucky enough to be doing research in the field of geology at the time. I was only a kid but I remember the day that my dad had us kids come down to the lab and see in person rocks that came from the moon. Today, it doesnt seem like that big of a deal. They are after all, just rocks, but when I was a wee lad...they were the stuff of pure imagination and fantasy! My dads latest and most prized item now is a piece of mars!

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Holy crap, I did this just to incite a riot, and 30 some post later, you guys are having fun with it.

Seriously though, there are some pretty screwy things that everyone has belived true, and that have turned out to be completely different.

I was pretty young when we were going to the moon, but I remember watching some TV of us being there.

People have been laughing about this for years you guys. There are spoofs on this in James Bond movies, some other feature films and the show that was on TV reciently.

There are sites that debunk the claims, others that bring up their evidence, and yet we all just keep sliding through the universe around this great big ball of burning gas at speeds we can't comprehend in my opinion. (Think about that. Your rotating around at about a 1000 miles an hour at the equator, but the earth is rotating round the sun at completly faster speeds. (Someone else can do the math.) Then if you consider the sun is very much rotating around the galaxy, and this galaxy is likely rotating around something else, or it's expanding out at a very fast rate anyway... the point is we are all moving along pretty dang fast, but in relation to everything we have around us, it's not a problem.

Just think, to hit the moon, they have to aim where they know it will be later when they get there. Same goes for any moon or planet or whatever they are going for. I'm impressed they did so much with such basic computers.

Read both sides, and there are compelling arguements for both. (Like the idea that NASA screwed up the editing of movies, and that's why the backgrounds are the same, or the fact that they have the film, but can't seem to find it so everyone can prove one way or the other what was done?

I know we have waterless rocks, and telemetry data and all the other arguements that we went to the moon many times according to NASA. I also think that if the only radiation we need to worry about was that in the Van Allen belts, NASA is right that the crew's of the Apollo missions were not exposed to leathal amounts passing through them. (However, the claim that the rest of space is not being bombarded with leathal amounts of radiation is not one that many like to discuss. I also think it's a major reason we have not seen any further pushes to get men to Mars, or outside of the magnetic bands around this planet. I think the radiation would be leathal to life.)

The sun throws off the radiation all the time, and is very leathal during sun spots and other solar events where massive amounts of radiation is shot out into space.

Don't know about you, but a few layers of thin alloy will not do much for that level of radiation.

BTW, my Dad was on the team that made the pressure fittings for space suits, so I think we built really nice equipment for sure! (And still do, look at the great things we are doing in low orbit. The shuttle has been a great tool, and it's too bad we have not implemented designs that would allow powered flight take off, scramjet propulsion and then a final rocket boost into low orbit. That would be a great way to travel too. (Imagine a flight from LA to Japan that takes less than 3 hours total? Sure beats 13 or more.)

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
hmm, i'm too drunk to put my 2 cents in right now,
but I will later today..

much radiation to get exposed to going through the " Van Allen belt"

I think its still a hoaks that we went to the moon, even though I really wish we were there...

Will