Death in the family?

prism1

prizmosis jones
May 24, 2006
fresno
it seemed liked the guy lived wasn't that him in the neck brace? Beautiful car though. Not big on the blue interior but well cared for.

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
It seemed kind of sad so I thought it was the driver. Somehow I missed that whole neck brace part. Ah well, I'm glad it was a better outcome.

MK3s are still very safe!

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
935motorsports;1166934 said:
I've been dealing with MK3 for over 10 years, I have not seen any deaths in vehicle. I'm sure they exist, I just haven't seen them. I've seen nasty crashes and even flips and the person always lives.

I saw this on youtube today and I'm a bit sad. Even with airbag and the full bumper support, apparently the person did not survive. Regardless of your opinion of the modifications, you can see that someone clearly loved the car and MK3s. For someone who's life is devoted to MK3 supras (and others) I am sad to lose anyone that loves this car.

If this has already been covered, I apologize.

Stay safe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf2l3dqwl_4&feature=related
u sure the person didnt survive? i think the guy in the video on the stretcher is the owner and he looks like hes in stable condition, and the end just says "never forget you my supra 1990" i think the video is made in remembrance of the car itself. maybe im wrong tho.

one way or another it is very sad to see a car that looked so well taken care of in that condition. you can tell alot of money went into that car. it looked great (minus that spoiler, but to each his own) always sad to see a supra totaled.

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
935motorsports;1166952 said:
Looks like he lived, my mistake.

yea i just looked up a little on youtube. seems like he crashed it once before this one aswell, got lucky and just broke the bumper and tailight. damn amazing that he lived tho, just looking at that car it almost seems impossible....it is a supra tho ;)

still a worthwhile post anyway, we should all know when one of our cars goes down. hell i still rev my car when i drive through the intersection where a drunk took out my 87 N/A. always will too.

edit* my bad on double posting the whole living part, started my reply then ran upstairs for food and didnt notice someone already replied.

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
i saw one worse then this that had biohazard tape all around it, with peices of flesh and blood still in the car.

although i wasnt aloud to take pictures because it was considered evidence, and taking pictures was also against company policy and i would be instantly terminated had i been caught.. i have seen another though i got a photo of, im pretty sure the guy didnt survive.

ill look for pics now

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
0000036ss0.jpg

I searched for salvagable parts.. useless.
block was cracked everywhere.. headwas broken, in a few places.. etc,

steering wheel was about 3 inches from touching the drivers seat, and dash was WAY pushed in/mangled.

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
Wow just watched the whole video.. that supra was effing beautiful.. and obviously had a TON of hard work, sweat, and dedication into it.. the interior was beautiful.. man what a loss.. i feel so bad for that guy =(

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Nomad707;1166971 said:
I searched for salvagable parts.. useless.

I wouldn't want parts off of a supra that someone had died in............:aigo:

Someone posted this video about a week or two ago. It was a good looking car.

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Seems like there was a red MKIII and a semi that tangled and the driver died. (I might try to find it later.)

That was one beautiful mkiii. I really love how the mkiii stands up to a front end accident, no cab intrusion :bigthumb: Glad the driver lived too!

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
If you follow the video, and watch it on Youtube; the name of the video is "fatal accident toyota supra mk3".

It appears as if he lived, but if he did, then why is the video named "fatal accident toyota supra mk3".

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
What is anyone's opinion about the strength of the roof on a targa car? My girlfriend seems to be concerned that if I were to roll my car, the roof would crush in because of the targa. I've told her im sure Toyota has reinforced the roof so such a thing would no happen, but im not really that sure. I've never seen a rolled mk3 actually.