Dear Supramania,

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Dear Supramania,
Thank you for everything.

The newer guys around here likely have no idea who I am, but I was once a very active member here at Supramania. A couple of years ago, my life took a downward spiral. Things weren't going my way, and to top it of, my closest friends had moved away. Essentially, I had lost a place to belong to, and then Supramania becme "my place". Fortunately, things are much better now, but I will never forget what things were like when they weren't, and how Supramania was here for me. Though primarily internet based, Supramania is more than a forum, its a community.

During my time here I helped people, and people helped me. I taught some people things I knew, while others shared their vast wealth of knowledge with me, much of which was knowledge I never would have learned otherwise. I had great conversations and discussions. I became more worldly, gaining a better understanding of politics and got a taste of what life is like in other countries. I had an opportunity to buy and sell parts, free of charge mind you. I entertained others with stories from funnier aspects of my ridiculous life, and I had a place to vent when I was upset, both publicly, and privately with certain members. I had a place to spend time, and enjoyed being here. I may not remember everything I said, and every word that was said to me, but one thing I will never forget is all the great friends I made here.

Though I'm not around like I used to be, I will always want to drop by from time to time. I may not always be a Supra owner, but I will always be a proud Supramanian.

To all my friends, thanks for being there for me.
To all who contribute, thanks for making this website possible.
To all who posted their knowledge, thanks for sharing it.
To all the new members, don't be afraid to get involved.
To all, thank you again!

Sincerely,
Jeff Lewis

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I've always felt the same way about this forum, it feels more like family (albeit a rather dysfunctional one haha) than even my real family sometimes. 5 minutes on just about any other forum out there should tell you that there's something special about SM. ;)

That said, I have to give my thanks to the cast and crew on here, you're a good 'centering' point for my life. If all is normal here, then the rest of the real life can't be too bad. :D

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Jeff, Love ya man!

This reads like a goodbye. Family can move away, but it is always family. You ARE a valued member of this community/family, and will always be welcomed with open arms. You have helped me personally through PM, and entertained many with your threads. I doubt that there is anyone who has been on this forum for a while that doesn't know or respect you. Good luck in whatever you do.

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
Scott,
Thank you for your kind words. I know this sounds like a fairwell. I pretty much vanished from here for a while. I wanted to let everyone know that I appreciate them, and they are not forgotten. I am not gone though, just busy. I still have the supra, but it still lacks my time and the money it takes to make its wheels spin. Hopefully the resurection of the beast will come sooner or later, but I have other priorities.

Its funny, I was thinking about the mania, then I got an email about a PM from a newer member. Though he likely had no idea who I was, somehow he heard I had a part he needed. I logged on to respond, but then couldn't just log back off. I think this clip summarizes it...
[video=youtube;UPw-3e_pzqU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU[/video]

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
SupraMario;1683988 said:
Leave it up to shaeff to gay up a thread...

Shaeff at last years Mod Christmas party ;)

lbritain2main_070124041506397_wideweb__300x456.jpg

I do however feel much the same as Jeff, this place is a fucked up dysfunctional family but still family, I'd seriously considered leaving after I crashed the Mk3 last year as I vowed NOT to own another but a few PM's from people I consider friends changed that and I stayed so blame them :D

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
IJ.;1684080 said:
Shaeff at last years Mod Christmas party ;)

lbritain2main_070124041506397_wideweb__300x456.jpg

I do however feel much the same as Jeff, this place is a fucked up dysfunctional family but still family, I'd seriously considered leaving after I crashed the Mk3 last year as I vowed NOT to own another but a few PM's from people I consider friends changed that and I stayed so blame them :D

im scared, exactly what were your key words when you searched for that photo IJ? :p

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IJ.;1684080 said:

Whatever would we do without you Ian? Theresa would be lost. :rofl:

This thread is full of some serious win right now... Perfect example of what makes this place awesome? The breakdown connection thread. I can't say that I've ever seen such a thing that ties a community together like that thread does.

Last edited:

lewis15498

Sep 28, 2008
te72;1684248 said:
Whatever would we do without you Ian? Teresa would be lost. :rofl:

This thread is full of some serious win right now... Perfect example of what makes this place awesome? The breakdown connection thread. I can't say that I've ever seen such a thing that ties a community together like that thread does.

Just discovered the breakdown connection, and added my info. Yet another reason why SM rules.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
7Matt-GE;1684136 said:
im scared, exactly what were your key words when you searched for that photo IJ? :p

Search? It was probably still on his digicam, or framed on his desk in the big shed.
SupraMario;1684154 said:
He didn't have to search it's his background :p LOL
You spyin' on us?

Sending PM :naughty: