Dealing With The Loss Of A Friend

RTA Supra

MA70 Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2005
Tampa, FL
A great person lost their life last night. Tyler Floridino of Winter Haven lost his life last night in a motorcycle accident. He was a TRUE stand up guy and an overall GREAT person. I met Tyler at the street races years back and he was one of my first street races with my first turbo Supra. He had a sick DSM and I knew he was going to kick my ass. I actually ended up beating him due to him having boost/tuning issues. Instead of being a sore loser, he came up to me and shook my hand and began complimenting me on the car. I was in HIS home town and did it in front of all of HIS friends. This guy could have easily been a dick and all of his friends could have been but Tyler straight up has respect for everyone who shows it to him. We then exchanged contact info and kept in touch ever since. I got the voicemail that NO ONE EVER wants to get letting me know that he passed. As soon as I heard the news, I had to replay the message. I'm talking total disbelief. I've lost way too many friends and this one was just as hard. I found myself crying and body just shut down. After a few minutes, I came back to it. I then called F & H Performance which were also friends with Tyler. I hated to be the one to make that call. I then spoke with my family to let them know and found myself in a daze. I made the same phone calls 9-13-2006 when a great friend of mine passed away. I'm so fucking frustrated right now it's just not even funny. My hands and fingers are shaking and I just have no idea what to say.

I guess I'm just looking to vent here and I know it's not Supra specific but I feel at home on this site so I felt I could open up a little here.

I don't know if I'm looking for an answer or why I'm even writing this but to all of you who have lost someone, my condolences. I can only pray that anyone who reads this stays safe. We play a risky game when we take our cars out on the street and play. For those who have the will power to stay on the track, please continue to spread the word of why you do it! For everyone else who takes their cars out on the street, PLEASE think twice before doing it. You can be the BEST fucking driver or the BEST rider. You simply cannot control everything!

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
The loss of a true freind is a terrible loss.
Dealing with it,wading through it,waiting through it may take some time. But you will get through it.
Sorry to hear it

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
My Condolences to you and to his family and friends. Its never easy to lose someone, even harder when it seems senseless and random. Life is fragile. I faced my own mortality years ago behind the handlebars of a streetbike and fortunately lived to tell about it.

You havent passed on any information about the specifics of his passing and I want to be the first person to say let this not become a discussion of rights or wrongs.

I hope you find some sence of meaning for you personally in this case. Maybe it will make the passing of a friend a little easier to take as time goes on. For now I can only offer my sympathy.

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
Very sorry to hear about this! I just got into a wreck and that’s why I gave it up. Please everyone that rides be careful! There has been way too many of these stories and it just makes me sick... It really sucks hearing about other fellow riders, specially a tragedy like this.

~Cory

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
always sad to hear of another rider going down.

if you ride a bike, please be safe and LOOK AHEAD!

i've had 2 close calls within the week.

one was 1-3 inches from taking me out.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
i know what you mean when you say " you dont know if your looking for an answer".

ive been through a lot of losses such as yourself and each one of them sucks differently.
just make sure you keep your head up. your friend tyler sure would have done the same. spread the word knowing the tyler is in a happy place full of turbos and DSMs and all that other good stuff.

hes watching over you right now.

ed.d.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Sorry to hear about you losing a good friend. True friends are hard to come by and even harder to let go of. Hopefully you two will meet again..........depending on your beliefs. Stay strong and I'll say a prayer for both of you, because that's what I believe in. Sincerely, Jay

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Best thing you can do is find what makes you most happy and do it get your mind off it.

I don't think I could ever ride a motorcycle because of the idiots the FDOT lets on the road. Sorry for your loss, terrible way to lose someone.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
You know, as much as I try to be open minded about letting people do what they want.. I've seen so many people die or crash on bikes its nuts. Sorry to hear though, my best friend had some 170 hp bike and well, I try to convince him to sell it all the time because of these posts.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Im so sorry to hear about this brother Eli... You need to talk you know you can call me anytime my friend... Im always here for you...