Clear courtesy door lenses

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
Had a request for clear coutesy door lenses, probably most of interest if you've got say all blue lit instruments.

I did these some years back for the Gen6 Celica.....

p1864157_1.jpg

p1864157_2.jpg

p1864157_3.jpg

If someone could give me the dimensions and pic of the Soop ones that would help work out a cost and then see if any body would buy them.

roadboy

Supra Owner
Jan 22, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
all i did was take the trunk light cover ans switched them. (obviously i bought another clear trunk light cover for the other side)

zby67

Nov 15, 2010
Texas
roadboy;1864224 said:
all i did was take the trunk light cover ans switched them. (obviously i bought another clear trunk light cover for the other side)

iv tryed to do that the trunk light cover was smaller then the doors light. i would like to see this happen and will get measurements and pics here shortly if someone dosnt beat me to it.

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
Thanks for the feedback chaps, awaiting your further info re photo, size and are they handed - i.e different left and right?

The Celica ones are same so means only mold needed instead of two. As a guide, the Celica's are about 70mm x 40mm x 4mm and I charged £22/pair + shipping

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
Thanks for the reminder - here's what a nice owner on the U.K site wrote......

"The door lenses are not handed, they are both the same with screw holes in each side to mount the lamps into the door.

The boot light lens is approx 6mm smaller both length & width wise also shallower compared to the door lenses.

The boot light lens screw holes do line up with the door light mounting holes & the lens will fit however, you are left with a grey border of approx 3mm all the way round the lens due to the size difference, the grey being the actual door light housing.

81251‑14030, LENS, ROOM LAMP, NO.2

This is for my 1989 JDM import but im sure they all the same"

So, I guess the question is....how much would it cost you for a couple of these if your're not worried about a perfect fit versus how much I need to charge to hand make them one at a time?

wolfie308

Lensmeister
Sep 5, 2006
Bucks, England
www.protocast.co.uk
RazoE;1869653 said:
I'd rather have the proper ones. If I can find a spare set, I'll ship it off to you!

Thank you for the offer, I've had the same from a U.K owner as well. Wherever possible, I prefer to use a pristine original if they're cheap enough to buy.

I think I've managed to find the part no. of the door lens on toyodiy.com which I hope is ..........81231-30100 - well that's what I've ordered and I'll pick up from my local Mr. T on Thursday :icon_bigg