p1897740_5.jpg

p1897740_6.jpg

p1897740_7.jpg

p1897740_8.jpg

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
not bad how'd it turn out? much dust in the paint? (or any at all?)

I figured if I got down to doing this I'd try and wet down the walls at least, be good to have vacuum and filtration... but I havn't quite laid that out in my head

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
Hahah thanks guys. I figured since it is hard pressed for me to find a clean solid body out here, that this would have been a good route for me since the odds of finding a clean MKIII of the color I wanted with non fadded paint is next to none. But I wish this was an 89+ and turbo model to start with since I was hoping on going turbo someday.

89jdm7m;1897744 said:
not bad how'd it turn out? much dust in the paint? (or any at all?)

I figured if I got down to doing this I'd try and wet down the walls at least, be good to have vacuum and filtration... but I havn't quite laid that out in my head

It didn't turn out the best. The trick about using this high build primer is to give it all the time it needs to shrink. We gave it a month before laying out the paint. But because it was winter and the garage was not always heated, I'm positive that the cold is the reason why it has a few cracks to pop up in the paint in the summer when I was driving it.

It came with a few fish eyes and dust in the paint. The car didn't turn out to be perfect after all. But after wet sanding it and buffing everything but the fish eye came off. The front clip has fish eye all over it because the paint guy had to open a window to air out the space. He has a gas heater so he could not simply have it running while using non water born paint without the garage exploding.

He promised to repaint the front clip but he fucked off town.

If you do perform this yourself, you will be paying 500-1500 on the cost of paint and another 500 for the clear alone. Have the ceilling watered down as well at the walls and everything else in the garage. Make sure to clean the car and the vent area between the front windshield and the hood of the car because a lot of dust and dirt collects there that people aways forget about. Make sure the space is at a nice tempurature because if it's too cold it will cause the paint to orange peal and not come out smooth. Never paint a car that has been armer all'ed because the airborn cylicone particules will get attracted to the paint and cause fish eye. Fish eye simply looks like someone has dropped a couple of drops of paint on the fresh paint but this is something you may not remove by wet sanding. The cylicone gets under the wet paint to cause it to rise this way. Armer All would linger all over the interior of the car and work space for as long as a month airborn.

I got fish eye on my car because of him opening the window to air out the space. Something from outside got attracted and he did not have proper filtration. You should also get a paint suit. Black is the more difficult color to paint because it will reveal all the flaws you left from body work or prep like feathering from using sand paper grid too aggressive without going back over it with a high grid. Once you think you have the prep just right, go over it with a wet cloth and the gloss from it being wet will reveal many things you wouldn't have seen till after you lay out the paint. Wetting the surface smooth will give you a preview of how the texture of the final product would come out as.

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
So these next pictures where taken in the spring of 2011 after winter storage and paint. Sorry about not bringing these up earlier lol

Eibach springs and more assembly
p1898849_1.jpg

p1898849_2.jpg

More assembly + stock 89 lip + photoshoot!
p1898849_3.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1898849_4.jpg

p1898849_5.jpg

p1898849_6.jpg

p1898849_7.jpg

p1898849_8.jpg

p1898849_9.jpg

p1898849_10.jpg

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
So about this 7MGE and W58, it's leaking of oil and coolent (in the spark plug valley) and oil in other places. But instead of a rebuild I have a replacement. And this replacement is also a great contender to those non Supra owners around here. ;)

This landed on my property around July of this past summer.
p1898865_1.jpg

p1898865_2.jpg

For $1900
-used full 1jzgte rear sump w/r154 and everything in between (flywheel, PP, spec clutch, etc)
-stock engine harness
-stock m/t ecu
-STEALTH tuned 650cc JZA70 ecu
-(6) 650cc injectors in rail w/stock regulator
-T78 greddy turbo kit (Mitsubishi T78 turbo and single greddy manifold)
-DM light weight pulleys
-Titan cam gears (stock cams)
-USDM water pump assy
-engine stand
+ tons of new parts like timming belt, therm., the other belt for no A/C, clutch slave, etc.

The only thing I was missing was the valley cover and timing cover. But I got this engine swap from someone who has it sitting in his 240sx and because he kept the rear sump assy he chopped the oil pan to clear cross member. I had this pan replaced to spec. He also modified the oil pick up tube but it looks fine he just brought it closer to the front of the oil pan. But the oil pan he made was missing at least a quart and a quarter of oil and did not have a drain plug. This is funny but alright because I was going to get another pan to have that quart + oil back for this BPU engine. Last time it ran it was putting down 400-450whp at around 14-16 psi.

First thing I did was to strip the valve covers and paint them 202 Toyota Black to match my car. Then also stripped the block surface of any grime and dirt and painted it platnium silver'ish blue (came out differently then the cap the spray can came with but oh well. I think the platinum blue will stand out from the 202 Black engine bay.
p1898865_3.jpg

p1898865_4.jpg

p1898865_5.jpg

p1898865_6.jpg

p1898865_7.jpg

p1898865_8.jpg

p1898865_9.jpg

p1898865_10.jpg

p1898865_11.jpg

I painted the valley cover bed liner satan/flat black. Just a different texture and shade then the valve covers to have it pop out more. Intercooler piping will be all Satan Black, I have a black Mishimoto intercooler already. Intake manifold and runners will be hot tanked to be cleaned to look new. I will just clean off the turbo myself by hand instead of taking it apart. The greddy manifold may also be hot tanked and then heat wrappe as well as the waste gate tubes, dump tube and downpipe. Right now I have a 3 inch cat back with high flow cat and SS mendro bends with v clamps and a huge muffler in the back. Got a one peice steel D/S also. This thing should sound mean as well as looking sharp when the swap is finally done.

At the moment I am still trying to figure out where I'm doing the swap. The car will be off the road shortly, at the moment it's my daily. Once the 7M and W58 is out I want to presure wash it all and everything will be available.

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
I took these on my way back home from a roadtrip this past summer in New Brunswick, Canada just 30 kilometers East past St. Quinten.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1898874_1.jpg

p1898874_2.jpg

Right now the car has OEM fogs and 89+ euro signals with stock grills but soon to be pre 89 euro signals with custom stock grills to fill in the last little gap. The 3 peice tail set will be opened up and cleaned about as well as the internals painted to match the center and buffed out to look good a as new!

Once the car is getting the engine replaced I will remove these wheels and get rid of them and get staggered wheels with a lot more meat in the back and to fill the wells flush to the fender lines.

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
I remember seeing this car on Craigslist and Kijiji back in 2011 when I was looking for my car at the time in the GTA section.

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
Chambers;1899296 said:
I wouldnt trust that oil pick up, try to find your self a new one.

I cant get over how well your car looks in those pics, it looks so nice!

I have been thinking about this myself. Do you think it's long enough to reach in the oil pool to a decent dept? I pulled it off to inspect and clean and the welds sealed the seem. But I never checked to see how far it will go in the pool of oil.

p1899398_1.jpg

miekedmr;1899328 said:
Hey 87supramario. Car looks much better to my eyes, post kit removal. I got got. ;)

Do you have a higher resolution version of this one?
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n152/fournier4life/photoshoots/IMG_0507.jpg
I want to add it to my backgrounds at work.

Ahh no I don't actually :( I took these photo's with simple cameras and edit them for the extra sharpness. But I have a pretty friend who does modeling and she actually has her own equipment to do photoshoots with the fash embrellas and everything so I will be doing another photoshoot this summer with the 1jz and her probably haha

HMNGSupraMKIII;1899332 said:
Damn the last picture looks awesome

Thanks guys! I can't wait to drive this set up and to get better wheels