Canadian Turbo Rebuild Shops

TobyCat

Jul 14, 2006
Vancouver BC
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a Canadian shop to rebuild my turbo. The last turbo I got done was from Driftmotion - and was great. But between all the shipping costs/fees/exchange rate, it gets a bit pricey. Is there anything in Victoria/Vancouver that does good work? Potentially a honed out and upgrade to a 50 or 54 trim?

Also on that note, does anybody have a cheap (like really cheap) worn out stock CT26 they would sell? I just don't want to keep my car down for weeks on end.

-Chris

TobyCat

Jul 14, 2006
Vancouver BC
Thanks for the link Black_Beauty - I fired off an email to ADP for a price quote.

Arizzle: how long do you think until you pull out your turbo? I'm not in any sort of rush as I can limp a dying turbo for a while ... I drive like a grandma ;)

fujimoto: I think the place was called Kinetic. They have some decent prices and kits on their website...hopefully they can help! Thanks!

TobyCat

Jul 14, 2006
Vancouver BC
Just got quotes back from both of them, different guys so far ;)

Kinetic: $400+ for rebuild, $200 upgrade
ADP: $400-$600 for rebuild, $150 for upgrade.

That seems pretty decent for rebuild/upgrade, especially since it's semi-local.

Does anybody have any thoughts or advice on upgrades?

-->Keep it stock,50,54,57,60-1. I'm leaning towards the bottom end of that list.

Current mods: Intake/3" DP + Exhaust, SAFC and a fresh stock headgasket with ARP studs. I also have a Spearco IC and pipes which I haven't put in yet.