CajunKenny's Build Thread

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
GC89;1590517 said:
We will definitely have to set up that meet we have been BSing about forever. Im hoping to have my car pretty close to ready for the booth by the time I head to bc so hopefully it will go back together somewhat quick once I get back.

Yeah, we need to pull the trigger on a meet. Most of us around here are up and running now so we can probably get a good number of folks together!

Are you sticking with the same color...is your dad painting it?

SupraRon;1591072 said:
Sweet sig Kenny.

Thanks Ron. That is the subject of being inside taking a break from the 100* tractor work. :)

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Here's a vid of me and my buddies doing a flyby...

The first car is my buddy's 91 MK3. He has BPU's and he's sporting my old exhaust. Man I miss the sound of that thing!

The second car is yours truly. I shifted a little too soon to really hear the BOV.

The third car is an 84 (I think...) Corvette that had just dyno'd 384 hp and 410 tq.

The fourth car is a rare 1990 Mustang Saleen. The dash has been autographed by Steve Saleen.

The final car (the one with the camera) is a Cadillac CTS-V. Mild tune w/o cats. It just sounds MEAN!

[video=youtube;mvog75c31n8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvog75c31n8[/video]

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Here's one from today. Busting through our local "DOUBLE" Round-A-Bout. I couldn't hit it too hard because of traffic. :(

[video=youtube;MgUeV6HtBIc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgUeV6HtBIc[/video]

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Nice vids Ken. You're right about that CTS-V. It sounds sweet. I particularly like the angle you used in the round-a-bout. I used it when I was testing my brakes. It gives a better idea of how fast you're going.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

CajunKenny;1591109 said:
Thanks Ron. That is the subject of being inside taking a break from the 100* tractor work. :)

It's hot as hell here too man.

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
Just finished reading through this entire thread. Love the way the car has shaped up. Good work, Kenny! Did you get your intercooler and pipes from Driftmotion? Also, What offset front and rear are you running on your new wheels? I missed it if you said so already. KEEP THE PICS COMING!!!!!

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
^Thanks alot boostcraver! It's come a long ways and has a bit more to go before I'll slow down. Next on deck is water/meth once I get a couple of things sorted out.

The IC Pipes are CX Racing and the IC is from Driftmotion.

Wheel Specs:
Front - 18x8.5 @ 35 Offset
Rear - 18x9.5 @ 35 Offset

Thanks again for the comments! :)

djordan97

Apr 14, 2006
Kennewick WA
i took some sexy pictures of kenny's car yesterday and when you put his up next to my eclipse you really get a good feel for the way the wheels blend with the car and really make it a total package deal

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
CajunKenny;1591109 said:
.............. MK3. ............ Corvette ........The final car (the one with the camera) is a Cadillac CTS-V.

sounds just like my driveway ;)

Nice sound clips in the vid BTW

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I got my gauge box back from powder coating. Here are some pics with the gauges installed and with a test fit in the car. Yes...I know the car is dirty...

I'm not sure that I like it...

Anyone interested in buying a Gauge Box...? :(

p1591966_1.jpg

p1591966_2.jpg

p1591966_3.jpg

p1591966_4.jpg

boostcraver

Mar 13, 2010
Louisville, KY
CajunKenny;1591384 said:
^Thanks alot boostcraver! It's come a long ways and has a bit more to go before I'll slow down. Next on deck is water/meth once I get a couple of things sorted out.

The IC Pipes are CX Racing and the IC is from Driftmotion.

Wheel Specs:
Front - 18x8.5 @ 35 Offset
Rear - 18x9.5 @ 35 Offset

Thanks again for the comments! :)

Thanks for the info on the wheels, Kenny. BTW, my name is Jeremy and I'm a fellow '91 owner. Mine is a red turbo auto with light gray leather and the targa. Keep an eye out for my build thread, coming soon. Hope you don't mind if I borrow a few of your ideas:biglaugh:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I just don't think it matches/compliments the interior correctly. Our interior has rounded edges and kind of curvy. The box just looks out of place to me. Both in color and in shape.

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
Hey if you dont mind me asking, what shifter is that? The stock one I have is a little worn, I'm thinking about having it reconditioned or purchasing a new one.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
BigKO;1593318 said:
Hey if you dont mind me asking, what shifter is that? The stock one I have is a little worn, I'm thinking about having it reconditioned or purchasing a new one.

The shift knob is the Black Leather TRD one. It's niiiiiiiiiiiiiice... :)

whitemike;1593342 said:

Wut Up Mike?! :)