Breastfeeding

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Ok, so have you now discovered WHY we retaliated to your posts??????

Just because your wife did it, and it was easy for her, doesn't mean that it is like that for every other female on the face of this earth.

It is one thing to think it is a great thing (which it is), but it an entirely different thing to be pushing the boob as the be all and end all, and making the bottle out to be the worst thing in the world. You kinda painted the mums who give the bottle as horrible people who aren't doing the best for their kids.

People need to understand that sometimes the mum (or the bub) doesn't get a choice in the matter and because of all the emotion and frustration involved in making the decision (or having it made for you), it is an EXTREMELY touchy subject.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
I wasnt breastfed, and I have the allergies to prove it. Its something like 90% of the 100 most common foods; I have some sort of reaction to. Most doctors have said it was correlated to the feeding.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
FullNelson;1286559 said:
I wasnt breastfed, and I have the allergies to prove it. Its something like 90% of the 100 most common foods; I have some sort of reaction to. Most doctors have said it was correlated to the feeding.

,,,,are you serious????

the allergies to prove it! HAHAHAH!!! what a crock!!

neither of MY kids have ANY allergies and they were NOT breastfed, you were destined to have your allergies with or without that damn breastmilk. Sorry. Something in your genepool is weak enough to have allowed that. Breastmilk "might" have helped your allergies not be as harsh, or so many, but you were probably going to have them anyway.

...of all the absurdites.....hah.

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
I know for sure I would still have horrible allergies regardless of the feeding or not. But every now and then a sneeze comes along and makes me wonder if that sneeze would have happened if I were fed.

Its just one of those what ifs that cross my mind from time to time. Like "What if I didnt eat that taco bell? Or what if I didnt take that one last shot?"

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
LilMissMkIII;1286513 said:
Just because your wife did it, and it was easy for her, doesn't mean that it is like that for every other female on the face of this earth.

Who said it was easy for her? It doesn't sound like it was as bad as your experience, but it deffinitely wasn't a "here's a boob insert child" one. Our lactation nurse was horrible, gave us no useful advice or guidance-said it was the way my wife was trying to feed. Essentially, my son wound up being a day behind on his feeds-not nearly enough wet/dirty diapers. My wife ended up telling the nurse to gtfo and found what worked for her and all was well. My family knows the tough side of feeding. It was a two person job for the first week, if not longer.

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
American pediatric association recommends breast feeding till one year old, world pediatric association recommends till 2 years. And before getting all emotiaonal and starting calling everyone "ignorant" no one here through out the thread said what when you can't feed you are a bad mother. If you can't feed you can't feed, thats that, no ones judging you. Sometimes this happens. Unfortunately, what ever is on the market has unknown effects on a human body, at least they are not immidiate. There was time when mmr shots in the United States were made to the children and only after years of those shots they found out they they cause autism in some children. Jenny McCarthy is pretty vocal on that matter. Nevertheless, long term effect on human health are a different subject. Its understandable that one can't be objective and impartial on that matter when they have children that are formula fed, but its just a discussion, not a name calling, or brake down of parenting skills. I think OP juts wanted facts. There is plenty of medical, scientific evidence to suggest health benefits of breast feeding over formula feeding for a baby and a mother. I'm not talking out of my ass here, don't believe me? or don't want to believe me? here

http://aappolicy.aappublications.org/cgi/reprint/pediatrics;115/2/496.pdf

Your baby is your baby, wether breastfed or formula fed, smart, stupid, whatever- its the best baby in the world, and no one can't tell you otherwise, but one fact is still a fact, if you can provide breastfeeding for a child its recommended by Pediatricians, and numerous World health organizations.

Most of the replys here are to the "how do you feel emotionally about not breastfeeding your baby" thread anyways.

And before i get flamed here

I'm the most insensitive, heartless, ignorant, retarded, pointless, self centered male that shouldn't be allowed near women or children. anything I'm forgetting? Ladies

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Pernilongo;1287129 said:
I'm the most insensitive, heartless, ignorant, retarded, pointless, self centered male that shouldn't be allowed near women or children. anything I'm forgetting? Ladies

I beg to differ!..

On that note...I'm suprized by all the stupid in this thread! Women getting all womanly emo, men spouting out "facts" from their ass...seriously stfu...

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
gaboonviper85;1287440 said:
I beg to differ!..

On that note...I'm suprized by all the stupid in this thread! Women getting all womanly emo, men spouting out "facts" from their ass...seriously stfu...

Spit out a couple of watermelons from your asshole, and let's see how emo YOU get. :3d_frown:

sean210

Father to Be
Nov 26, 2007
indianapolis
I just thought I would through my two cents in.
First of all Matt i know your pain when it came to the lactaion nurse.
When she first talked to us she said "hi my name is such and such, im the blah blah blah. here is a paper with tips on how to feed. I will be back in a few hours to ckeck on you and the little one." needless to say my son didnt eat for three hours.

My son is 7 months old now. We tried for the first 2-3 weeks. But he wouldnt latch on the right way, and when he did he wouldnt feed for more then 2 min. So he has been on formula ever since and he is healthy as can be.

Not sayin i didnt want him to breast feed but I see it as you give it a try it dont work, your baby will be just as healthy with formula. Hell my little brother
was eating vitamin D milk at a week and half old cus thats the only thing he could hold down. It all depends on the mother and the child.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ I kinda have to agree...

Having unprotected sex, and pregnancy is a risk... wanting to have a baby, it's something that must be dealt with.

Give me an epidural and an ass that was made to do it, and sure, I'd do it. Other than the strain of pushing, my wife never said a single thing about being in pain... and she's kind of a wuss when it comes to stubbing her toe, getting a paper cut, smashing a finger, etc...

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
geezus. fucking. christ.

So, I can't have an opinion here, without it coming down to my pregnancies being "my fault" and that I shouldn't be all "emo" about being involved, or not, with breastfeeding.

I'm going to walk away from this thread now before I get really pissed. You guys have some nerve.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
MKIII VIXEN;1286327 said:
Are you comparing smoking while pregnant, to not breast feeding? Never mind. Too off topic ....imo

As far as breast feeding. I have two children who are honor roll students, no food allergies, both walked before they were one year old, talked in complete sentences before they were 2 yrs old, and never had an ear infection until they were well past the bottle stage.

I think they are well adjusted, considering I decided to deprive them of breast milk.:sarcasm:

Thats cuz suprahero d...

nevermind.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Tanya;1287647 said:
geezus. fucking. christ.

So, I can't have an opinion here, without it coming down to my pregnancies being "my fault" and that I shouldn't be all "emo" about being involved, or not, with breastfeeding.

I'm going to walk away from this thread now before I get really pissed. You guys have some nerve.

If you didn't see the humor in what I wrote then I dunno what to tell ya!!??

I figured the "don't be such a girl" would give clue you in on the "LOL"...

Tanya needs a foot rub and a dill pickle:-(

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Wow.

The first thing I thought we, us men, learned was not to argue with a woman about the following things:

-Menstration
-Childbirth
-anything that a woman and/or her body does that a man's doesn't

I'm going to gamble that women are the leading experts on being women, as opposed to us men thinking we know better than them. I'm sure Tanya has some very good reasons why she couldn't breast feed. I'm going to use the term couldn't because I'm sure if she could have, she would have... but the situation was probably not right to do so, as Theresa pointed out: it depends on the woman and the child. Since it is a scientific fact that Tanya is FTMFW, I'm sure she made the decision in the best interests of her family.

So far every post from the ladies in the audience has agreed with the view that breast feeding is ideal for long term growth of the child and benificial for both mother and baby... but it's also not always possible for alot of different reasons. No two women are the same and neither are all babies or situations. But in the end the decision is not going to be life altering.

It's a simple choice and IMHO, if that choice is made for the right reasons, whether be to breast feed or not to breastfeed, that is the question... then it is the right choice, every time. There is no hardcut, easy answer so please stop pretending that there is... especially if you lack tits and a vagina or an M.D. after your name.