Break up!

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
Backlash2032;2020798 said:
Kkz, I'd really appreciate if you would stop posting in this thread. you're just cluttering it up with nonsense.
Thanks again for the disrespect before anyone helps this guy please read all of this thread before you help this guy it's your choice but he is not willing to diag and he already knows it all.

Last edited:

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I am 100% willing to diagnose. I'm just not willing to waste my time and money doing it for things that aren't wrong. Fuel pump resistor not switching to 12 volts? Okay, I could kind of see that. Kind of. Not really, but I felt like I'd prove you wrong once. Then the fuel filter starving the engine of fuel? Nahh. It breaks up just as bad with no boost as it does at full boost. I already disconnected the TPS to see if it was at fault. Cams being wiped out? What? And no, the break up is not the rev limiter. I thought it was pretty apparent in the video where it was breaking up.

Now, please explain to me how any of these make sense. If you can do that, then I'll stop being such an ass to you.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
Backlash2032;2020803 said:
I am 100% willing to diagnose. I'm just not willing to waste my time and money doing it forthings that aren't wrong. Fuel pump resistor not switching to 12 volts? Okay, I could kind of see that. Kind of. Not really, but I felt like I'd prove you wrong once. Then the fuel filter starving the engine of fuel? Nahh. It breaks up just as bad with no boost as it does at full boost. I already disconnected the TPS to see if it was at fault. Cams being wiped out? What? And no, the break up is not the rev limiter. I thought it was pretty apparent in the video where it was breaking up.)

Now, please explain to me how any of these make sense. If you can do that, then I'll stop being such an ass to you.
let me think here how old is this car and I was just suggesting the pump because it was something that stumped me once bad cams can cause serious power and running problems why did you try a different set of cams anyways if you knew it wasn't the problem and unplugging the tps is how test the tps nowadays you should call toyota an tell them that the tsrm is wrong and Chang everything to just unplug it and yes I don't think you are willing to diag anything that is going to take a good amount of time or money because you are not even willing to change a 26 or so year old fuel filter your car will only run as good as you treat it. So when you are more certified to do more than just ask questions to real mechanic's let me know. P.s I have only been trying to help you this whole time and you have be. Nothing but an a**

Last edited:

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I did the n/a cam swap. For fun. Just to see. As for the tps, it's brand new and I adjusted it correctly. Also. If it was sending the wrong signal to the ecu then unplugging it would make it run better. Would it not? The ecu doesn't need the tps to run..

And for the fuel filter it's a lifetime part. I'm not going to waste ~$100 for a new Toyota one.. and Napa shit just doesn't go on my car.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
Backlash2032;2020807 said:
I did the n/a cam swap. For fun. Just to see. As for the tps, it's brand new and I adjusted it correctly. Also. If it was sending the wrong signal to the ecu then unplugging it would make it run better. Would it not? The ecu doesn't need the tps to run..

And for the fuel filter it's a lifetime part. I'm not going to waste ~$100 for a new Toyota one.. and Napa shit just doesn't go on my car.
cam swap just for fun does that mean you just took the old ones out and slapped the used n/a ones in that's how everyone should do things the quality you speak of here is of the best and you are worried about putting a napa fuel filter in but thanks for the knowledge I will never have to replace my fuel filter ever. And wrong tps signal vrs no tps signal is no way to see if it needs adjusted properly and again just trying to help you through the process of elimination. But your welcome. now that I have put you in your place can you stop being an a** and show some respect and apologize like you said you would do let' see if you can be a man of your word

Last edited:

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Good god man, you keep putting words on my mouth. Now get the hell out of my thread. You haven't said a damn thing that actually makes me want to go adjust my tps or change my fuel filter or check my cams.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
Backlash2032;2020813 said:
Good god man, you keep putting words on my mouth. Now get the hell out of my thread. You haven't said a damn thing that actually makes me want to go adjust my tps or change my fuel filter or check my cams.
here I will help you in the best way possible stop doing g everything half a** on your car before you create even more problems for yourself and I didn't think you could be a man of your word. take it to a damn shop and get it fixed go pay a professional someone that knows what they are doing. I recommend that no one help this guy it's will waste of your time.

Last edited:

morganson

Jan 19, 2012
Columbia, SC
Backlash, have you checked your main harness going to the coils. I had a problem with the wires started to pull out and under load the 12v would arc to the coil wires firing other cylinders. This cant be checked with a simple continuity test because its not actually touching anything. I just simply built a new harness going from the ignitor to the coil harness.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I'll have to look at it later today. Thanks for the idea! That makes sense too. I wonder what the timing advance is at 5000 rpm..

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
As for the lifetime filter...

p2020859_1.jpg

p2020859_2.jpg

The part at the edges that you can see through is more or less clean. The rest of it (most of it) is caked with dirt. Not saying that this is your issue.
Just saying that the "lifetime" thing is questionable.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
"Lifetime" is a Misnomer.....

I always throw a new filter at any car I buy as you have NFI what's gone through it in the years prior to purchasing...

Not saying it's connected but it's good practice, a WBo2 or a Fuel pressure gauge would have shown if this were the cause.

As for the arguing knock it off guys, only warning.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
QUOTE=supraguy@aol;2020859]As for the lifetime filter...

p2020875_1.jpg

p2020875_2.jpg

The part at the edges that you can see through is more or less clean. The rest of it (most of it) is caked with dirt. Not saying that this is your issue.
Just saying that the "lifetime" thing is questionable.[/QUOTE]
dude there is at least an entire lifetime on that filter why would waste that lol on a second note I have never seen u that before good pics

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
^^^. Totally agree. Once you know it's new in your lifetime you are good. Not saying it is your problem. But I would have a new one on today if I was you. Alot of guys are finding wire connector issues like 3P's said and brittle wiring around back side of head. IE: #5 and 6 runner area. Good luck.