BorHor's RHD 2JZ MK3 Build Thread.

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
O I thought it was your car lol. And yea lmk either way and we can possibly figure something out. I just dont see how he could ask the same amount though since nicks car looks to be alot cleaner, more power, more mods, and of course the popularity and award winning aspect is by far alot more in depth. On the other hand I havent seen yours in person so I dont know yet. I have seen nicks car in person a couple years ago and it was a thing of beauty.

However the worst that can happen is we dont work out a deal lol. Thanks for your time bud.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
^^^^

As mentioned, I had the chance to see this car in person. It's very nice.

Before placing value on the car, it's important to evaluate it in person. Perhaps feature such as right hand drive, 19" HRE, ARZ 6 piston front and 4 piston Supra TT brakes, roll cage, etc..add value (and uniqueness) to this car.

Last edited:

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Here is a parts list off the top of my head.

Engine:
Brand new bottom end
Brand new head was sent to comptech to build
PTE 74mm turbo
Boost Logic exhaust manifold
MK4 TRD Gen 2 exhaust
Fuel System upgrade
850cc injecters
Spoolin Performance custom intercooler piping
Spoolin Performance custom downpipe

Drive train:
OS Giken twin plate clutch

Wheels / Tires:
HRE Wheels 19x9.5 19x11.5
295/30/19 Michelin PS2
255/35/19 Goodyear eagle F1

Brakes:
13" ARZ Big Brake Kit 6 piston
MK4 TT Rear brakes

Interior:
Nardi Rally steering wheel
Safety 21 6 pt roll cage
AEM Wideband
Greddy water temp

I am probably missing a bunch of stuff but you get the idea. Asking price is 23k. If you really are interested PM me.
Greddy boost

Exterior:
Shine auto lip
Shine auto air guide
Repainted 2 years ago

I am probably missing a few key things but you get the idea. Asking price is 23k. If you really are interested give me a PM.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

rodel;1677454 said:
^^^^

Perhaps features such as RHD, 19" HRE wheels, front bumper, etc., add intrinsic value and uniqueness to this car?

As I mentioned, had the chance to see this car in person. It's very nice. Before placing value on the car, it's important to evaluate it in person.

Thanks it was nice meeting you the other day.

Last edited:

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
Just curious is the bottom end and head intetnally built or is it just new oe spec?

Also what has this car put down power wise? Any featured articles like mags or show winning trophys?

How is the reliability? Any issues does anything not work properly? Can it make a long distance trip like norcal to socal without issues? Hows the interior?

Pm on the way.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Bottom end was a brand new Toyota long block. Tolerances were checked of course. Head was brand new from toyota was well but was sent out to Comptech to build it up. Power wise we are not currently sure. Car needs to be tuned still which will happen next week. So far the car is reliable but if you have been following this thread the car was just up and running last week so we do not know all the bugs. Interior is okay. Seats are in good shape. There is no carpets or seats in the rear half the car. Dash is cracked but we do have a second one. All I can remember off the top of my head.

Also just to let you know the more we put on this car the higher the price is going to get.

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
I personally a little worried about the rhd aspect as in cali it may be difficult to register. Which leads into my next question how did you register the car? And sorry i havent followef the entire thread so my apologies for this.

I think since the bugs havent been worked out yet i will wait till you know for certain its a solid build. No sense in spending close to 20k for a car that may not be reliable. So lmk when you have numbers and confirmation on reliability.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Car was registered by previous owner so I have no details on how it was done. But it is currently registered. Like I said before this current price is what it is at this moment. As soon as we get farther in this build the price is going to go up.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Hey Bor, if you need any RHD Interior parts, check my thread. I have the panel under the steering column that has the vent but it is not listed. It is my "Big Parts Sale" link in my signature. Let me know.

Car is looking good. What brand of tires are you running?

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Turbojuiced: You were looking for an award.

1193908913_nn4rN-XL.jpg

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
IBoughtASupra;1677537 said:
Hey Bor, if you need any RHD Interior parts, check my thread. I have the panel under the steering column that has the vent but it is not listed. It is my "Big Parts Sale" link in my signature. Let me know.

Car is looking good. What brand of tires are you running?

I will look through the car tomorrow and see what I need. Tires are listed in the parts list a few post above and post #1

rodel;1677542 said:
Boris, if this ain't you..my BAD.

Ya thats me lol. Accepting an award for my friend since he wasn't there. All the judges loved the MK3 but there was too many clean MK4s out there for it to win. Maybe after we finish it up me we will have a chance lol. They actually wanted it to win something but the car was in a tough spot for it to qualify for other categories.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
BorHor;1677544 said:
Ya thats me lol.
Was the girl on your left grabbing your posterior?

MK4s always seem to be judges' favorite, but they sure love the sexiness of a clean MK3! Borris, why don't you consider taking the Supra down here for Toyota Fest in May?

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
rodel;1677549 said:
Was the girl on your left grabbing your posterior?

MK4s always seem to be judges' favorite, but they sure love the sexiness of a clean MK3! Borris, why don't you consider taking the Supra down here for Toyota Fest in May?

lol not sure but I think the chick on the right slapped my ass. Ya I will consider toyota fest if other members go down. We made it down last year to attend so maybe this year we will make it down with our cars.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I don't know which one of those ladies to choose. If a gun was to my head I would have to pick the Asian chick on the far right.

Nothing like an Asian chick and a MK3.

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
IBoughtASupra;1677608 said:
I don't know which one of those ladies to choose. If a gun was to my head I would have to pick the Asian chick on the far right.

Nothing like an Asian chick and a MK3.

Im so glad you didnt say the one in the middle! LMAO! Yea Id chose her or the other one on the right its hard to chose though all of them are actually very pretty. Lets just say I cant complain if I had either one lol