Bluechulappa's 89Turbo restoration

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
Bluechulappa;1194235 said:
Thanks for the advice guys. Will get busy on that asap. I need to get my dad to hurry up and bring the damn engine horse home and possibly engine stand. Thats the next step at this point!

dude where can i get one of THOSE? :sarcasm:

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
www.houstonareasupras.com
So today after all the talk, she finally came out! I was impressed and amazed at the sight as I have never seen an engine come out of a car, much less actually do it! My dad had one of his tech cert mech come over to help and after a couple of hours of him trying to take off the transmission bolts... With not much sucess he finally gave in to my suggestion of pulling the tanny with the engine lol. Took us not long at all and it was out! Hanging from a chain and scaring me to death. :aigo::1zhelp: After it was out the mech said yup it was much easier to pull the whole drivetrain lmao!!! So with that I leave you with a few pics from the day. I am drop dead fuckin tired.:cry:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
gtsfirefighter;1197713 said:
BTW, how'd it go on the fluid spillage. Everything looks tidy. Creative camera angles maybe, or did you get lucky? ;)

Couple of power steering fluid spots on the driveway. My dad was pissed! Still trying to get it up the best I can, any suggestions on taking stains off of concrete?

I am so angry tonight as I went to 5 store to find bolts for my engine stand. Ace only had 2 of the ones I needed. So I finally find some at advanced auto parts but get home and they need to be atleast 1/2" longer to thread more into the block. I will try another ace or lowes tomorrow :(

All I did today was try and clean up the mess from the pull and I got the R154 transmission off and clutch cover.

gelboy1015

Vroom Vroom!
Jan 1, 2007
Houston, TX
Bluechulappa;1197808 said:
Couple of power steering fluid spots on the driveway. My dad was pissed! Still trying to get it up the best I can, any suggestions on taking stains off of concrete?

I am so angry tonight as I went to 5 store to find bolts for my engine stand. Ace only had 2 of the ones I needed. So I finally find some at advanced auto parts but get home and they need to be atleast 1/2" longer to thread more into the block. I will try another ace or lowes tomorrow :(

All I did today was try and clean up the mess from the pull and I got the R154 transmission off and clutch cover.

haha i had the same thing happen when looking for bolts for the engine stand.. some came up short. i went to the ace hardware on hwy 6/bissonett and they had the right ones i needed.

have you tried purple power degreaser on the stains? thats what we usually use when taking oil/random fluid stains out and it works pretty well.

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
Bluechulappa;1197808 said:

Bolts to hold engine to engine stand? We used stock headbolts...at least I'm pretty sure that's what we used....

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Im in a bit of delima or am I? The bolts used are M10 X 1.25 I have the longest ones ace carries and no other place has them this long. But I feel like the are to short, or are they?

The rusted bolt came with the engine stand but they are much larger in diameter and a coarse thread so they will not work. This is how the new bolt(dark) compares to the old bolt(rusted) What should I do?
p1198475_1.jpg

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Well I went ahead and are using these bolts. I read around and they should work for me. I still have the hoist and chain on but there is slack in the chain so the stand is now doing the work. I'll keep an eye on it most def...

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Bluechulappa;1198625 said:
Well I went ahead and are using these bolts. I read around and they should work for me. I still have the hoist and chain on but there is slack in the chain so the stand is now doing the work. I'll keep an eye on it most def...

That's what I did. Kept the chain and hoist attached 95% of the time except when it was just the block on the stand.

Bluechulappa

Jun 16, 2007
hOUSTON
Well its just on the stand tonight but its been stripped down some what. Lost a good 100lbs of stuff. It's holding sturdy and no bending on the stand. No pics tonight I'm to tired. Tomorrow gonna get the head off...

Toyota piston ring set came in today!