Bic divorced Downpipe

87ttsupra

Wee turbo!!!
Apr 9, 2008
pueblo west
So i Would like to know if anyone here has ever instaled a bic divorced downpipe right to the back of ur ct26 eliminating the turbo elbow and if so dose it really work? right now i have the stock turbo elbow and a down pipe that gose to a 3 inch exhaust. the bic downpipe is on horsepowerfreaks.com for about 400. woult it be a good idea to get this or a new turbo elbow and down pipe?

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
lol...

Have you searched at all?

Many of us are running the Bic DDP here, including me, I had a small clearance issue at the trans x-member, but I guess this is pretty unheard of, and randy was willing to take care of the problem - but shipping is a bit of a bitch.

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
Whatever you do, get rid of the stock elbow and downpipe.

I had a BIC DDP with no clearance issues and it yeilded some nice power gains.

I eventually sold it because it was too noisey for me.

I went back to Randy at BIC and purchased the standard bellmouth 3 in downpipe.

I love the "sleeper" style much more.

Whichever you choose you cant go wrong.

BIC products are nice quality and fit perfectly.

EDIT: I only wish I got one with O2 sensor bung to hook up a Wideband. Anyone know aprox. prices of how much it would cost to add one?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
blk92suprat;1169542 said:

Why didn't you simply get the re-routed BIC DDP?

EdT.Mk3

Sorta Secret Supra
Aug 21, 2008
San Diego
blk92suprat;1169542 said:
Whatever you do, get rid of the stock elbow and downpipe.

I had a BIC DDP with no clearance issues and it yeilded some nice power gains.

Whichever you choose you cant go wrong.

BIC products are nice quality and fit perfectly.

EDIT: I only wish I got one with O2 sensor bung to hook up a Wideband. Anyone know aprox. prices of how much it would cost to add one?

O2 sensor bung cost me ballpark 10 bucks from HPF for a LC-1 WB. It was then drilled, followed by Dremel after it was sized on my DP. Welded it 1/2 at a time, and it didn't warp. If you don't have a welder on you, there's probably someone who would do it for cheap since the bung is tiny.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
frax;1169558 said:
Where abouts did you put the bung?

Many guys put it in the downpipe, right where it straightens out before where the catalytic converter would be. Some other guys (like those that use the LC-1) tend to eliminate the stock o2 sensor and use the LC-1 to satisfy the ECU for the o2 input. (yes, pretty neat, huh?)

I'd put it about 3ft from the turbo, as heat will kill it quicker. Also follow the manufacturer's instructions for the angle, as you don't want condensation sitting on it, as that too, can cause premature failure of the sensor.

frax

Mar 24, 2007
los alamos
Thank you very much. I have the AEM UEGO that was a group buy on here. I will just follow the specs that came with it.

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
EdT.Mk3;1169553 said:
O2 sensor bung cost me ballpark 10 bucks from HPF for a LC-1 WB. It was then drilled, followed by Dremel after it was sized on my DP. Welded it 1/2 at a time, and it didn't warp. If you don't have a welder on you, there's probably someone who would do it for cheap since the bung is tiny.
Hey thanks for your input.....I might be able to pull that off myself

Pantaloon007

Permanent Ban
Apr 2, 2008
Vegas
shaeff;1169544 said:
Why didn't you simply get the re-routed BIC DDP?

I have the re-circ BIC and absolutely love it, nice and quiet, with a definite quick spool- That and a 3" no-cat exhaust are your CT-26's best friend

bluezone

Jul 15, 2008
ont.
sorry abot the thread jaak. what do you think about the 935 motorsports pipe compared to the bicc ddp.
there differnt units arnt they?

blk92suprat

J Zizzle
Jul 6, 2008
USA
bluezone;1170438 said:
sorry abot the thread jaak. what do you think about the 935 motorsports pipe compared to the bicc ddp.
there differnt units arnt they?

If your talking about the divorced wastegate downpipe they offer....I heard there are some fitment isssues and is not direct bolt on.

hence...you get what you pay for....

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
A-to-the-J;1169525 said:
Search is your firend sir.
to answer your questions: yes. BIC DDP.

I miss mine. and my 7MGTE :(

Don't worry, I'm treating her very well..;)

my car feels like a beast with the BIC DDP and full 3 inch exhaust, with no resonator or cat, surprisingly quiet too..

bluezone

Jul 15, 2008
ont.
blk92suprat;1170443 said:
If your talking about the divorced wastegate downpipe they offer....I heard there are some fitment isssues and is not direct bolt on.

hence...you get what you pay for....

i did not have any fitment issues at all. straight botl up. no probblem except the wide band bung is against the heat sheild. dont need that yet though. still BPU. seems to spool about 222-2300 rpm. but will the Bicc pipe work better then that? the Bicc looks to be biuilt abit heaveir.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
i have the one from 935 and it fit just fine when i ordered mine he said that before they are shipped out he would test a bunch of them to make sure fitment is not a issue

here is a picture of mine:

the only issue i had which may also be for the bic ddp (not even a real problem it just takes a little time haha) is that bottom left corner bolt (ddp to turbo) to get back on man that was a pain but thats it, its on now and sounds great pared up with the bic test pipe and hks dragger exhaust

Attachments

• DSCF0089.JPG
    DSCF0089.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 35

bluezone

Jul 15, 2008
ont.
i resolved the bottom bolt prob by preinstalling the pipe before i dropped in my 5-speed turbo swap. didn't lile the look of that bolt at all.

3" cat and raptorracing catback.
bowel port and clean-up of in take ports and manifold.
apexi comming next along with driftmotion IC

ARP studs and rod bolts new mhg.
georges crank scraper.

JohnRardin

JDM 7MGTE
Apr 4, 2006
Radford, VA
I got one of those DDP's from ebay for about $275 shipped and I couldn't be happier. I expected it to be bad quality concidering how much cheaper it is..... but I was really suprised. The only problem I had with installation was the way it made my cat-back tweak a few degrees but it's not really enough to notice. If I'd researched more, I would've gone with the recirculating divorced downpipe. I believe it has basically the same power gains with a lot less noise. I think I'm hooked on the sound it makes spooling up. I can hear the turbo start to spool around 1200 RPM's just taking it easy around town. Go DDP!

Last edited: