him: why?

Polythamus

May 24, 2009
Melbourne
awsbakerordie

Originally Posted by Shaz
Oh wow you bought the Knight Rider car!

I swear to God...
my neighbor came over to look at my 89 during the engine pull. He seriously asked if I was going to do the "red flashing lights from Knight Rider." ....

For the first year I owned my car one of my mates was constantly bugging me about cutting out the middle section of my front grill and putting the flashing red lights in so my car would become KITT. I have a black '89, he didn't seem to understand the shear tackiness that would result, or the difference between a trans am and a supra.

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
When I fist picked my mk4 up,I took it to get all the fluids flushed and refilled. The guy at the shop assked me when i was gonna drop an SR20DET in it.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
group of girls rolled up beside me and a buddy in the car while cruising to the bar and heard them yelling at me "Back to the future!" lol

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Customer walks into the parts store I work at..
Him: Wow.. I can't figure it out...
Me: What?
Him: What year that Camaro is! But man it looks clean!
Me: Um, actually it's mine.. it's not a Camaro...
Him: Oh! Well what is it??
Me: It's a Toyota Supra... '88
Him: Oh... (disgustedly)

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Some funny comments. I'm doing a poker run with some Hattisberg guys. Anyway the stops are at O'Reileys. So I am inside getting picking my card. The guy ask's about my car. We go out and he wants me to pop the hood, which was pretty funny as the car was right next to mine was a red Ferrari. He gives me props and I roll on out of there. Only car I couldn't catch was the Grey Ford. Who would of thought a Ford would be fast.

p1618045_1.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Mr.Yuk;1617955 said:
Customer walks into the parts store I work at..
Him: Wow.. I can't figure it out...
Me: What?
Him: What year that Camaro is! But man it looks clean!
Me: Um, actually it's mine.. it's not a Camaro...
Him: Oh! Well what is it??
Me: It's a Toyota Supra... '88
Him: Oh... (disgustedly)

I usually just tell people who are obviously clueless that it's either "just an old Toyota" or a Celica. For the Camaro guys, just tell them that it's got a twin turbo 875ci v10. :p

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
So I’m on a date at one of my favorite little places, Supra is parked downtown New Orleans in front of a 3 story home for a while. When walking up to it the lady, I assume that she owns the house, anyway behind the car is a newer Audi. She says to me, “ I’ve been admiring your car. Great lines!”.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Was driving downtown Oshawa and came to a stop light. Middle of the summer with the roof off and a girl in the passenger seat. Some dirty bum sitting on the sidewalk yells at me "Yo man, nice Ferrari!". My favourite is always the young kids pointing as you drive by. Makes me feel good that my car somehow compares in the eyes of these kids.

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
"I bet that car owner is a really hot dude.. I'm going to leave my phone number".... Note: My license plate says "Bye Guys"... *sigh*, I would have called if she was hot... and didnt look like she had herpes....:nono:

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
just the other night, i was leaving my friends house. he lives with his aunt. it was probably about 12-12:30. and i started up the supra, and pulled out. well the next day my buddy calls me saying this.."my aunt came up to me this morning asking if i had heard the explosion last night? i said about what time. she says idk prob around 12- 1230." lmfao

dsm_tuner260

Nov 1, 2009
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Sawbladz;1619705 said:
Was driving downtown Oshawa and came to a stop light. Middle of the summer with the roof off and a girl in the passenger seat. Some dirty bum sitting on the sidewalk yells at me "Yo man, nice Ferrari!". My favourite is always the young kids pointing as you drive by. Makes me feel good that my car somehow compares in the eyes of these kids.

im 22 and i get the "OMG!!!!! its a supra. i love supras" i always have to laugh. i just see it as i car i drive and love to drive, no other car drives like a supra and its really fun.

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Another one heard by some drunk kids last summer:
" Dude.. I can't tell if it's a Ferrari or a Porsche"
"Naw man it's a.. um.. what is it?"
Me: A Supra.
"Dooooooooooooooooood!!!!!!"