best thing youve overheard about your supra

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I've got a lot of these.

Older guy working at a gas station offered me $50 to take him out for a spin, after getting a look under the hood. I took him for a spin... and didn't take his $50. I took the wrenches from my tire shop on a spin too... made for a huge hit - big smiles and big eyes.

Even my own kids... "Daddy drives too fast." The funny thing is, I've never been over the limit with the kids in the car... for that matter, I rarely drive over the limit even alone!

Just a week ago, I was pulling into a gas station for fuel, and this fellow says to his buddy, "Damn, I bet that thing *really* goes..." I popped the hood and showed them the dyno sheet, they nearly had to pick up their jaws.

And of course, I get tons of comments at car shows all the time. The common populace has been ruined by the Fast and the Furious movies - they think anything over 10 seconds in the 1/4 mile is slow, but the guys who know what they are talking about are always surprised by an 11 second pass.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
"What's THAT? :looks of disgust and fingers pointed toward garage:

Went from this:

To this (lol)

jackmk2mk3

being supra-less sucks
Jan 14, 2010
Fullerton, CA
Shaz;1607083 said:
Oh wow you bought the Knight Rider car!

I swear to God...

That's not as bad as people thinking you drive a delorean... I had that happen a few times. "dude, I didn't know you had the back to the future car!" a Mk2 doesnt look anything like a delorean... :nono:

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
jackmk2mk3;1607085 said:
That's not as bad as people thinking you drive a delorean... I had that happen a few times. "dude, I didn't know you had the back to the future car!" a Mk2 doesnt look anything like a delorean... :nono:

Lol yes it does, also looks like the gadget Mobil.

jackmk2mk3

being supra-less sucks
Jan 14, 2010
Fullerton, CA
hmmm, I think not. I submit to you evidence pieces A and B

A: MkII
p1607090_1.jpg

B: DMC-12
p1607090_2.jpg

I don't think they look alike :3d_frown:

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Candid stuff is always the best for me- namely what a friend (didn't know him then) says at the end of this video, granted he's driving an N/A 89 RX-7...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4SFXXwftSQ

Made me really happy when I watched/heard the video for the first time, but it still makes me smile.

Edit: I've been told it's hard to hear over the rotary ruckus, but he says "God damn that Supra's fast!"

Last edited:

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
"Damn man, that car sounds like a fuckin porsche"
*Waives from Probe guys*

A friend of mine set me up on a race with some Mustang and had the kid convinced I drove a probe. It wasn't until my rear tire slipped a little bit til the guy was like, "Wait a second, Probe's aren't RWD!"

staehlin180

Mar 5, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Guy at drive thru window: Nice supra man, is it a twin turbo?
Me: No, single
Guy at drive thru: Oh, cool, you converted it? that's sick
Me: Uh, yea man cool
-drives off