another supra has been lost, i am sorry :(

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
So so so so sorry to hear mate!

All the best with the insurance peoples, and I hope we see you in a bigger & better Supe real soon :)

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
I'm sorry to hear that, the main thing is that you are ok and your friend is ok. It is hard to walk out of a head on wreck with out more injuries than you guys had. well good luck on everything.

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Well i am thinking i might buy this Supra

http://www.jdmdirectimport.com/cars/...6_details.html

But i can not decide if i will keep it or just part it out and keep the few things i want for a bigger better supra.

Some things i noticed with the car
It has a Revbee or something like that
it also has a SAFCII
and a HKS engine something or other
plus a think it was a greddy turbo timer
it is on Cusco Coil overs i think
and the colour of the car is that coveted green that only came out in Japan that everyone loves

i am not sure about the ECU as i could not check when i was there
Also the car has the obvious downpipe and exhaust i am not sure what brands if any. plus and intake and grounding wires all over the place not to mention a very nice rollcage already in it

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Josh: It's really nice to see how SM has matured in the last few years!

Seems to be all the members are more concerned that you guys are ok first and then worry about the car second (as it should be but it wasn't always like that here)

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
IJ.;1087823 said:
Josh: It's really nice to see how SM has matured in the last few years!

Seems to be all the members are more concerned that you guys are ok first and then worry about the car second (as it should be but it wasn't always like that here)

Ian: i agree

as i am feeling better now and so is my friend my focus has gone back to what am i going to do about the situation.

The fact that it all comes back to how much will my insurance company offer me is a big part of all this

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Better to make a decision in the cold hard light of day after all the emotional stuff has settled!

See it all the time here people screw the pooch then post that they're doing XX or xxx or yy then they wait a week or so and make a rational decision.

Once again our cars prove they are tanks that in the end protect the owners when it counts, no matter how many little cuts and grazes they give us while we work on them =) Glad you're both pretty much ok. 70 km/h is pretty fast to be going head on into concrete o_O

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
IJ.;1087828 said:
Better to make a decision in the cold hard light of day after all the emotional stuff has settled!

See it all the time here people screw the pooch then post that they're doing XX or xxx or yy then they wait a week or so and make a rational decision.

:cry: rational :( well rational would be i should not get another supra for now. But i do not know if i can be that rational even in a weeks time :( but we will see. :biglaugh:

I would like to get your feed back Ian on keeping the car i smashed up to sell of what parts i can? I am not sure yet how much my insurance will ask for the wreck. Obviously if it is more money then i can make in selling of just a few parts i don't think its worth it but do you think thats a good idea?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Josh: All depends on what they want for the wreck and what it's parts are worth.

If you can't make a good $ on it I wouldn't do it as having a junker on your property is a HUGE PITA.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
He already knew that last part, he is a MkIII owner after all :rofl:

I'd think you could probably make most of what I expect you to pay just selling the 1J, seeing as you were planning on buying a JDM TTR anyway that wouldn't be an issue.

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
I don't know if anyone has been reading this thread latley but i just got a very insulting offer from my insurance company for my car.

Since 1998 i have only ever had 2 tickets and those were in 2000 or 2001 and never had any other driving issue except for the other year where i had an unavoidable accident with my mothers car. I have always been paying a good amount for my insurance even before that

I pay $1500 a year for coverage and the insurance company just came to back me with an offer that would make any one sick to there stomach

i am so upset by this it is not even funny

To Buy a supra here locally they are not cheap and i have no idea where the insurance person found there example but it was complete bull Sh*t

here are some examples of what a similar setup is selling for locally. Canada is definitely not like the states but i paid my dues when i bought my car in Canada just the same.

Attachments

• car value example 1.JPG
    car value example 1.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 25

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Kckazdude;1091808 said:
Judging by your reply I would say their first offer was around $1000.

it was not that low but is was very low. Not even half of what the car is worth. Just utterly surprising and at the same time not surprising. I dont understand why we even have insurance companies at times. They are all there to watch out for their bottom line and nothing else it really makes me sick :3d_frown:

ZoomZoomZoom

On the road again..
Dec 9, 2007
KY
bobiseverywhere;1091806 said:
I don't know if anyone has been reading this thread latley but i just got a very insulting offer from my insurance company for my car.

Since 1998 i have only ever had 2 tickets and those were in 2000 or 2001 and never had any other driving issue except for the other year where i had an unavoidable accident with my mothers car. I have always been paying a good amount for my insurance even before that

I pay $1500 a year for coverage and the insurance company just came to back me with an offer that would make any one sick to there stomach

i am so upset by this it is not even funny

To Buy a supra here locally they are not cheap and i have no idea where the insurance person found there example but it was complete bull Sh*t

here are some examples of what a similar setup is selling for locally. Canada is definitely not like the states but i paid my dues when i bought my car in Canada just the same.

I'm very sorry to hear about your car, and I am glad to hear you are ok. The cars are just objects, easy to replace. I've had the rear end slip out from under me before, I try not to drive my sup in the rain if I can help it.

I talked to my car insurance agent and she said to call her when my car gets out of the body shop so I can have my insurance adjusted appropriately. She also said to keep all the receipts and take good pictures of the work I am doing (which I have). As far as I know, unless you get the insurance company to re-evaluate the car before its in a wreck, you are at their mercy. If I'm not happy with the insurance company's appraisal, I will get other opinions. I don't know how else to protect my "investment", which its really not. I would like to recover at least half my costs.

My only suggestion is to try to find the values of cars that actually sold. Anyone can list a supra for $14k, but that doesn't mean it will sell for anywhere near that amount. Personally, I think alot of people overprice their sups because the market demand just isn't there. Doesn't mean they didn't put alot of $$ and work into the car. I think the sups that will hold their value the best are those that are bone stock or close to it. They are becoming a rarity.

As I recall, the conversation with my insurance agent went something like this:
"I have a supra that I am restoring, both outside and in. I'm putting alot of money into it and want to adjust the value of it."
"Yes, we can help you with that. We cover a lot of customized and restored vehicles. Will you be putting lambo doors on it?"
"Uh, lambo doors? Um, no.."
"Oh, I've got a client who call just this week wanting to cover his sports car that has lambo doors.."
"I'm pretty sure I won't ever be installing lambo doors..its going to look pretty much stock.."