aftermarket tie rods

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
veedubin;1867873 said:
Anti-seize? Cheap, effective, and designed for just this task. I try to use it on any suspension bolt I assemble.

Sent from my LG-P504 using Tapatalk 2

Please read post #13

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Canuckrz;1867125 said:
The only issue I've had with moog when we use to get them in at my Toyota dealership when a customer was stuck and needed a link today, was that most if not all of the moog parts have grease nipples and are intended to be re-greased unlike most oem links. This can cause them to fail pre-maturely when one is unaware that one has installed a grease-able link on a car with formerly no grease-able links.

My moog's didn't have nipples.

veedubin

Official SM Decals
te72;1869689 said:
I would guess it is a type of anti-seize thread coating, but your guess is as good as mine.

Yes, just another flavor of anti sieze. I've seen it a few times but never personally used it. I like the cheap and highly effective silver color stuff.

Sent from my LG-P504 using Tapatalk 2

Smashey

Dec 29, 2010
Grande Prairie
slowmedown;1870144 said:
how so? did you have issues with yours?
id also like to know why there "garbage" mine are still in the box, so i cant really defend them but there going on regardless of if i have to replace them sooner than expected.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Sorry guys. Took another look. There are only a handful of makers of this part. for some reason at first glance i thought it was a cheap part like the original post.

I retract my statement. ;)

Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
Zumtizzle;1870660 said:
Sorry guys. Took another look. There are only a handful of makers of this part. for some reason at first glance i thought it was a cheap part like the original post.

I retract my statement. ;)

no worries. yeah its a decent part made in the land of rising sun