After Market Head Lights.

mk3

Apr 11, 2008
Australia
can any one direct me in the way of after market headlights please.
where to get/what styles there are.

ive seen a couple...really liking this one
stock
light01.jpg

aftermarket
light02.jpg

light04.jpg

light05.jpg

any one know where to get this kit or others ?

mk3

Apr 11, 2008
Australia
yeah i seen that, but its not the easyest to get those parts in aus...trying to just find a kit or a store that sells smaller version of supra head lights so i can modify them to fit mk3

i tried looking on ebay...couldent find shit, even tried looking for fog lights...nuthing =[

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
NSX lights take a LOT of work.

Do you want a different look for the headlights, or do you want BETTER headlights? You can have both, but just getting better headlights is far easier and safety should be your #1 concern with lighting...

MoparMarq

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver, WA
I just put these on my car.

http://www.roundeyes.com/Toyota_Headlamps-Rectangular_Toyota_Conversion_Headlamps.html

The site says they're for 4runners, but I tried them out on my Mk3 and they fit fine. They're bolt-in replacements for the Sylvania 6054 bulbs. The nice part is they have H4 bulbs. So you can put in higher power bulbs if you like. Not sure if the Supra electrical system can handle bigger current draw through the headlight circuit if you put in higher power bulbs. I didn't try it. I stuck with the 60/55 watt H4s. Still a little better than the 6054 Sylvanias they replaced, and a little better beam pattern - flatter and farther. $109 better? That's up to you. For me, it was worth it. And they are a bolt-in. No wire harness changes or hacking.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
If you want better lights:

Your first step should be to do the rewire to use relays rather than pulling the power for your lights through those tiny wires that run throughout the car.

The second step would be to upgrade those lenses... and no... the diamond cut lenses are NOT an upgrade - even though you paid money for them (and I'm sorry you paid money for that crap - I have a few "upgrades" you could purchase if you are that into throwing your money away). We're talking about a QUALITY upgrade. The only option available on the market today that is worth anything is the Hella E Code lenses with a QUALITY H4 bulb. And no... again we're not talking about some "hyper", "extreme", or any other gimmic that goes before the word "White" bulb you found on Ebay. Go get a nice Sylvania H4 bulb from your local auto parts counter.

If you've done both of these and want to continue further down this path your only other option is custom.

But be careful. Don't take the cheap and easy route here. You're not only taking your life into your hands... but also the lives of those driving around you. If the lense is not designated as a main beam then it should NOT be used as a main beam. Do you think you have more brains than those guys that "DESIGN LIGHTING FOR A LIVING"? There are very few options available for making your own headlights. These are ALL already headlights for other cars. NOT fog lights... NOT driving lights.... HEADLIGHTS!

Good luck.

Oh yeah.. and if you put the terms "HID" and "Retrofit" in the same sentence (other than to say DON'T DO IT), please stay FAR away from me (and probably the local law enforcement) as this is not only dangerous but also illegal.

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
KeithH;1119828 said:
If you want better lights:

Your first step should be to do the rewire to use relays rather than pulling the power for your lights through those tiny wires that run throughout the car.

The second step would be to upgrade those lenses... and no... the diamond cut lenses are NOT an upgrade - even though you paid money for them (and I'm sorry you paid money for that crap - I have a few "upgrades" you could purchase if you are that into throwing your money away). We're talking about a QUALITY upgrade. The only option available on the market today that is worth anything is the Hella E Code lenses with a QUALITY H4 bulb. And no... again we're not talking about some "hyper", "extreme", or any other gimmic that goes before the word "White" bulb you found on Ebay. Go get a nice Sylvania H4 bulb from your local auto parts counter.

If you've done both of these and want to continue further down this path your only other option is custom.

But be careful. Don't take the cheap and easy route here. You're not only taking your life into your hands... but also the lives of those driving around you. If the lense is not designated as a main beam then it should NOT be used as a main beam. Do you think you have more brains than those guys that "DESIGN LIGHTING FOR A LIVING"? There are very few options available for making your own headlights. These are ALL already headlights for other cars. NOT fog lights... NOT driving lights.... HEADLIGHTS!

Good luck.

Oh yeah.. and if you put the terms "HID" and "Retrofit" in the same sentence (other than to say DON'T DO IT), please stay FAR away from me (and probably the local law enforcement) as this is not only dangerous but also illegal.

Ok, I got everything you mentioned, but how much work is involved to upgrade the wiring?? Do you have pics showing all that's involved?? Thanks.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
mischief7m;1119904 said:
do you have a build thread for that? that looks sick, only thing i would be worried about is it not throwing the light right due to the slight angle of the hood

I do, it's called my build thread. Starting on post 312 is where I began work on the flushmount install. A setup like mine will cost about $1k, fair warning. The lights I'm using are Hella 55w H7 projectors ($120 each, and I have 4). The light being thrown is very good. I can see road signs 1/2 a mile away thanks to these lights (and I haven't even wired all 4 up yet, just the 2).
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40754&page=32

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
honestabe;1120025 said:
I do, it's called my build thread. Starting on post 312 is where I began work on the flushmount install. A setup like mine will cost about $1k, fair warning. The lights I'm using are Hella 55w H7 projectors ($120 each, and I have 4). The light being thrown is very good. I can see road signs 1/2 a mile away thanks to these lights (and I haven't even wired all 4 up yet, just the 2).
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40754&page=32

Adam,

Could you post pics of how it lights up the ground immediately in front of the car?