Aem Wide Band Reading

onemancrew

Feb 7, 2012
Sydney
I think it seems a bit lean WOT. Usually its around 10-11.8 on boost and 20.0 on backoff.

Im only running off my narrow band though.

I wouls aim to try and get it a bit more rich on boost, you don't wanna run too lean and start detonating. I would rather it be too rich than too lean.

EDIT: Nevermind this post, its already been answered lol. I should of scrolled down first.

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
onemancrew;1813784 said:
I think it seems a bit lean WOT. Usually its around 10-11.8 on boost and 20.0 on backoff.

Im only running off my narrow band though.

I wouls aim to try and get it a bit more rich on boost, you don't wanna run too lean and start detonating. I would rather it be too rich than too lean.

It's "a bit lean" like being a "bit pregnant" ;)

Stoich is 14.7, 14 under power is massively lean!

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
Lol..Its a plug ..In fact its from an old Tv or somthing, But it fit Perfectly in there ..Great observation !

Ill keep every one posted on my progress of this problem . I get my fuel pump and regulater monday and should have them in by monday night ..

I cant wait to have this fixed so i can turn up the boost to 10-15 pounds on my cx turbo :) Plus its Sonoma Drift @ Infinian Raceway this wednesday

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
So Update found out my knock sensor wasn't plugged in !!

I learned my lesson

Don't trust Any one to work on your car !!!

So i set my timing and moved forward ...

But still my car boost at around 14-15 on my AEM wide band

Could it be my throttle position sensor ??

Or is because my waste gate isn't shutting all the way ??

sylquebec

Mar 23, 2008
Quebec
IBoughtASupra;1813760 said:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FI&P=73

The GTE stock regulator has a spec of 33-40 without vacuum so you can start there. I myself have run the 43 Ian stated on a stock fuel system 7M with the Areomotive Regulator.

If you click a page back, you will see where you need to jump the terminals to set the fuel pressure.

IS there a difference of doing it this way versus car running at idle? I'm talking about setting the fuel pressure with the b+ and fp connector...