Aem Wide Band Reading

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
Hey guess so i got my wide band couple days ago and had it installed.

My wide band reading are 14-15 on throttle and 18+ on deceleration ( with my foot off the throttle )

Any thought ?? what should i be at ? am i Lean Or rich ..

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
ooohhhh . Why is it this lean .. It dosent make sense. 560cc injectors with Lexus mas air ?? t61 turbo?? this dosent make sense. now i am running the stock fuel pressure regulator could that be it ? or do i just need a piggy back that bad

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
Yea i dont know what the fuel pressure is since its stock .. #$#%#** driftmotion hasnt sent me my new one yet !!

Is there any way i can adjust my fuel pressure with the stock shit ??

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
dude thanks a million!! im running 5 pounds right now and was planning to turn it up tomorrow !!

Ill just wait till i get my Aeromotive AFPR . BTW how many pounds should i set it at when i get it .. I was told 40 does that sound right ??

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Northbaysupra;1813755 said:
dude thanks a million!! im running 5 pounds right now and was planning to turn it up tomorrow !!

Ill just wait till i get my Aeromotive AFPR . BTW how many pounds should i set it at when i get it .. I was told 40 does that sound right ??
There are a few variables you need to take into account, but 43psi with the Vacc line blocked is a good start point.

The way it is now I wouldn't let it come on boost at all as "incipient detonation" will kill the engine without you even knowing it's happening.

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
what do u mean by vacc line blocked are you refuring to this?

p1813761_1.jpg

I circled it in red

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Im running 1200CC Injectors on E85 through a stock regulator. Im betting its something else. Hook up an external fuel pressure test gauge and watch it under throttle. The fuel pressure may be dropping due to a bad pump or kinked line

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
Thing to be careful of is fake Walbros. There were a lot of them coming out of China when I bought mine, so I got mine through Driftmotion so I know its authentic. I already had a Walbro 255 in the car when I bought it, but the previous owner couldn't verify that it was authentic, so it got replaced. But its only like $150ish for that pump, so its worth the upgrade. Better to have too much fuel than not enough.
-AM3