92nsx's supra build

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
toyotanos;1564270 said:
Did those 550's come in too?

Nope not yet. IIRC I think I ordered them on Wend. last week, so any day now, Im guessing.

Mr.Yuk;1564830 said:
In case anyone is wondering.. 250 miles in that 'vette SUCKED. OW! Still not a bad car. Was a cool trip Rob

Well it isn't that bad now taking her on 5 mile trips, with the exhaust :rofl: BTW, You have more seat time in the Vette then I do!!! Thank you again for coming with, I think I have a AFM around here some where for you ;) Here is a pic for you to keep.......you look happy!

p1565055_1.jpg

Well as for today, whooo!!! I got a day off from the shit hole job I have so I took advantage of it, took the vette for a drive, drank lots of beer but also had the turbo intake made up / welded up. Tomorrow I will get it installed along with Hundo's PCV system. Also I bought a 05' Ski doo snowmobile today. It was a steel of a deal :). Well on to some fing pics!!!! Sorry only cell pic right now.

Just after cutting the 4" pipe to length. LOTS of burrs.

p1565055_2.jpg

p1565055_3.jpg

After cleaning up and welding in the bungs
Top side

p1565055_4.jpg

Bottom side (need to keep the power steering idle thing now don't we :) )

p1565055_5.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well we were up and at it early this morning. The intake fit "ok". I need to replace my K&N with a smaller air filter. This one is just to large to allow the intake to fit perfect. Just another thing to put on the list. Also when I had the OEM AFM out I took a pic of it next to the lex. I will stay with the OEM AFM until the 550's get here.

:rofl: I just noticed I need to reinstall my CF "tool holder".

Well on to some pics.

p1565227_1.jpg

p1565227_2.jpg

p1565227_3.jpg

p1565227_4.jpg

p1565227_5.jpg

Last edited:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
emiliorescigno;1565232 said:
Looks waaaay better than before - driven it with the new pipe yet?

Yep it looks 1 million time better then the "afro engineering" one I had in there before. Now get a air filter like yours and it will look and fit perfect.

As for driving or even staring the 7m with the new intake on,.............LOL nope. I haven't even started to car with it on!!!! Just now enough time in the day any more. I had a ton of errands to get done this afternoon, plus I'm coming down with head cold now and feel like shit :cry: .

Yes, I took the Vette today. I have to ware the "newness" out of it and me. Maybe tomorrow night I will start it and take it for a test drive. But Im guessing that wont happen due to time, so it will have to wait till sat morning when all you guys show up.

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Shiny Stuff...
^^^ I'm not sure if that's smiling or wincing from going deaf LOL
And No problem man, I'll make a run when-ever lol.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well the meet this past weekend was fun.

p1567797_1.jpg

p1567797_2.jpg

p1567797_3.jpg

Also the garage is FULL once again. :cry: :cry: going to have to find a larger storage shed soon.

p1567797_4.jpg

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
Hey Rob, it was nice to finally meet you at the meet. Your Supra looks great in person, would like to see how well you can drive it though :icon_razz. Next time I am in town we'll have to go out to the bars. What sort of bars do you prefer anyways? Oh, and don't worry about the orange wheels. I will likely be buying some newer R1 wheels in black this summer or fall.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
IJ.;1568274 said:
Is that you Rob?
(If so stop waving the utensil and eat something Man!! ;) )

Yep that is my mug shot.

SySt;1568658 said:
Hey Rob, it was nice to finally meet you at the meet. Your Supra looks great in person, would like to see how well you can drive it though :icon_razz. Next time I am in town we'll have to go out to the bars. What sort of bars do you prefer anyways? Oh, and don't worry about the orange wheels. I will likely be buying some newer R1 wheels in black this summer or fall.

Drive? Shit I can't drive, I just putt around grinding every gear. Im still trying to figure out why there is a "third" pedal in my cars.

If your ever in the area any bar is good for me, Im equal opportunity employee ;)

It's all good with your R1. I just wanted to bust your chops a little for bring your bike.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well a short update:

I started another new job this past Monday! This one is 1 million times better, 1/2 the drive (20 min.) and WAY better pay. Working normal days' 7ish am till 4ish pm. Mon. - Fri.

As for the sup, I haven't even started the car since the meet :( I was going to drive it today but was to lazy to move cars. How ever the 550's showed up, so time to get some new o rings and clean them up. Then see where that mappro is at, i figured it would have been in a care package at my door by now ;)

p1573055_1.jpg

That's it for now.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
If you want a quiet pump, I vote for a mk4 TT like me! I can/will even help run a new voltage supply wire to make sure you have enough power getting back there!
If you want cheap and easy, many choose Walbro 255's. I'm not a fan of the "coffee grinder" noise they make, though...

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
toyotanos;1574308 said:
If you want a quiet pump, I vote for a mk4 TT like me! I can/will even help run a new voltage supply wire to make sure you have enough power getting back there!
If you want cheap and easy, many choose Walbro 255's. I'm not a fan of the "coffee grinder" noise they make, though...

What part # is the MKIV TT pump? I would love to upgrade my pump to pave the way for future mods. How much do they cost usually?

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
The one I got from Titan is a pump kit- it comes with the pickup and a new pressure hose. p/n 950-0155 $190 shipped from their Ebay store (item #140406786519)
Just be sure to have a better fuel pressure regulator to deal with the extra flow. I also ran a dedicated 12awg power supply to a control relay for powering the pump- no more 2-speed system. (That's why it didn't start up right away, lol) The denso pumps are sensitive to low volts and the delivery really drops when volts drop. Fairly easy to do, though.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Thank you guys!!

As for the pump,Nope No fuel pump yet. I probably wont drop the tank till next winter. As for the pump I have always planed on going with the Bosch 040 In Tank Fuel Pump. It has awesome Specs and reputation. Also with it being in tank it should will help with the "humm".

Im not a huge fan of Walbro 255LPH pumps. I have read to many bad stories about them. Yes another option might be the MK4 one but I believe the the Bosch might be a little better for me to accommodate future changes if needed.

As for the re wire, it would just be another thing that needs to get done at the time the pump is installed.