87T auto vs 350hp 69 camaro

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
Figured I'd post this up, this kill is from the weekend before Chi2k6.

I was out cruising on East Wash in Madison, and I saw a red camaro. Sounded nice, and I've always been a fan of old old camaros, so I figured I'd give him a thumbs up. Well....he revs at the light and asks if I wanted to race before I could even stick my thumb out. Had a mild cam, carb, intake mani, headers. I said sure.

I stand on the foot brake, yank the hand brake, and bring her up to 7psi before the light changed. I pulled half a car off the light, and it kept me from getting passed. He would pull to my door, then drop back when he had to shift. We went to 70 and cut off. He was confused by the results, and asked to go again. This time we were completely even, nose to nose. He flashed a thumbs up, and invited me to where his little group was hanging out.

He gave lots of excuses "my tires are old" "I spun the first time" "I have less hp" so I broke the news to him that I was a stock motor, stock turbo, stock trans supra running 275/40/zr17's out back that cost me $7 at the local swap meet....and I had less power at 12psi than he had.

Thank you, supra auto trans, for doing the work for me. I could have eaten a fuckin cheeseburger while racing.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
LOL Yeah, theres a gang of z28's and a few SS's who continually stare down and act like jackasses everytime they see me or anyone else not in a camaro, but its ok cuz the only one I can't beat is that damned 6 speed SS hes got 400+ supposedly, I have intake, exhaust, venom 500, boost controller set to 10psi on my stock auto so its fun to beat all the others but annoys me the ss is faster. Ahh well another few months and I'll eat him.

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
Ran into him Friday night again, in the civic. He was super cocky, so I introduced himto my friends at Madison Muscle Mustangs to knock him down a few more pegs. He got gang banged...

I like his car, but I hope when he sells it... it doesn't come with the attitude mod!

tea_mkIII

Aug 3, 2006
Claudville, VA
eh my best friend has a 1998 z28..i liek it, but yeah he loves my supra, but theres a group of 500+ hp trans ams in town that do the "look down" and "frown upon" shit. they think im a "ricer"

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
coreybear08 said:
erm...im gettin a 68 camaro willed to me....and im not a douche bag...:icon_neut

no, your smart for outliving the owner!

But seriously, who in their right mind thinks 67-69 Camaros could in any possible way be bad? I had a 68 SS 396 4 spd at one time. My god that car was alot of fun. The biggest drawback to owning it was going through rear tires alot :naughty:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I'd LOVE an early Camaro! :)

Neighbour had a 67 many years ago then my ex GF's Dad had a 69.

Would make the perfect sleeper with the entire Mk3 running gear from my car, suspension steering fuel system motor the lot!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
IJ. said:
I'd LOVE an early Camaro! :)

Neighbour had a 67 many years ago then my ex GF's Dad had a 69.

Would make the perfect sleeper with the entire Mk3 running gear from my car, suspension steering fuel system motor the lot!

sacraledge! Personally, I would do a late model LT1, with a coilover front and 4 link rear. Mean, but very steetable!

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
IJ. said:
Weez: Yeah I know on both counts BUT it'd make 1 awesome car! :)

well if anyone else had said that I wold have just laughed it off...but if you were doing it...I would be an awesome car for sure!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
we have a '69 camaro and a '70 chevelle in our garage. :) (not to mention my old '71 chevy c-10 stepside, and the '52 chevy pickup that's also in the garage)

the only one in drivable condition (well, looks good and runs well) is the chevelle. (350ci, mild cam, holley 750, deep dish cragars)

my '71 stepside ran as of last summer though.. haha.

-shaeff

coreybear08

Aug 21, 2006
Fort Wayne, IN
oh...did i mention the camaro im gettin has an orginal 45k and is undergoing its restoration this winter along with the mild overhaul of my supra...

of course my dad is gonna be a dusche and build it slightly faster than my supra...fucker...