87 supra project

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
the boost gauge reads great vacuum so that can't be it. and the check engine light isn't on either. could be the ecu temp sensor. ill check it and see if it is working properly. any other ideas?

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
im so stumpped. thought it might be the idle control but I replaced it and still a high idle. but only when its warm

honeydew

Supra Freebaser
May 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
High Idle, Just a thought cause it happened to me was a cracked accordian hose from the intake. The crack was underneath and I couldn't see it. I talked to lots of owners and regardless of problems this piece is often replaced for it's importance and age of the plastic.

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
ill check the accordation hose cause that very well could be it. and it would still read great vacuum. if it reads vacuum how do you tell if there is a leak Devin?
and ill also check the hatch tomorrow that makes sense too. thanks for the input guys ill post up what happens after I check this stuff

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
ok so i have been trying to figure out this idle problem and i cant figure it out. then a new problem occurred. i drove the car to work and it ran ok besides the high idle. then when i went to leave when i got of about 7 hours later it wouldn't start. it just turns and turns. it acts like it wants to start but it wouldn't kick over. so i thought maybe it was out of gas cause my gauge doesn't work. i put gas in it and checked all the fuses and im really confused. all it did was sit all day i don't know what would cause it not to start... any ideas? :nono:

kakanator

Apr 25, 2010
Fresno, California, United States
I had the same prob with the high idle but mine was the ICV it was bad just stuck open got one from the junk yard and cleaned it out and put it on and put the idle back to normal. The just turn turn but no start I had the same thing but it was the fuel pump fuse. But you said you checked all the fuses.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
wills_jdm;1722807 said:
is the fuel pump fuse in the driver side interior fuse box?

Fuel pump fuse is in the engine bay fuse, the ignition fuse is driver side fuse box which also controls the fuel pump

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
so I checked all the fuses and they are all good. could it by any chance be the afm? maybe it was allowing to much air (hence the high idle) and now it just took a shit and is allowing no air???? ideas anyone