Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Here you go buddy ;) Only 4 resistors you need to change

p1672896_1.jpg

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
so i got the bumper finished up and primed, came out good. intercooler should be here this week so i can get it mocked up and mounted :)
p1676600_1.jpg

p1676600_2.jpg

p1676600_3.jpg

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
got the intercooler in the mail i might test it tomorrow if its not shitty weather, got my manifold all finished up and torqued down, and also got my clutch in the mail. so alot should get done soon i hope, heres some pics
p1678054_1.jpg

p1678054_2.jpg

p1678054_3.jpg

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
ok guys dont think im an idiot but i went to install my brand new ct26 and i am stumped. so on the bottom of the turbo is where the oil inlet/outlet goes, and on the side closest to the exhaust manifold is where the water inlet/outlet goes, well on the opposite side of the turbo there is another hole the same size as the water inlet/outlet... so what do i do with this? do i need some sort of a block off or something? im lost guys i need help asap thanks!!! heres a link to the turbo http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CT26...p5197Q2em7QQcategoryZ33742QQitemZ110609958320

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
i got a ton done lately. The modified tach is now in the car, interior back together, and motor is completely done and buttoned up. Here is a crappy cell phone pic of the fresh act clutch and getting ready to mount up the tranny to the motor. im putting in the motor tomorrow weather permitting. wish me luck lol :)
p1695293_1.jpg

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
I see a problem installing the transmission.. Leave the pressure plate and clutch on the transmission and then put them together, then through the inspection hole bolt the pressure plate to the flywheel :)

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
i just installed the new pilot bearing and then used the clutch alignment tool to get the pressure plate on there. worked like a charm in my opinion. whats the theory behind doing it the way you said Devin?

well as promised i got it in the bay today. then had to go to work so i didnt have time to hook anything up. just bolt her down. here is some pics of the install.. :naughty:
p1695711_1.jpg

p1695711_2.jpg

p1695711_3.jpg

p1695711_4.jpg

p1695711_5.jpg

p1695711_6.jpg

it plopped right into place first try, after i got the motor mounts lined up. it was a very clean install. worked like a charm :)

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
got a lot done lately. here is my list of stuff to finish:
1) Gauges and Gauge pod
2) Inter cooler piping
3) Oil Cooler
4) throttle linkage
5) and just finish up the lil things
The car will be gone until Wednesday night.. I am having the body work done. So i cant finish these things up until after i get the car back.
I also was curious if anyone has an personal opinions on how to break in a new motor? I have heard a lot of different things but a few extra opinions wouldn't hurt

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
IF the motor is built right there should never be a such thing as "break in" all our motors we build go straight on the dyno and we start doing part throttle tuning then go for a WOT pull.. Should be no problem... Just change the oil 100 miles after first run to wash away all the assembly lube.

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
That is true Devin (i hope it is built right), i was planing on going out and doing some pretty hard runs, then changing the oil, then driving easy till around 1000 miles and then switch to synthetic. the guy that is doing my body work is doing it in our shop at school so i took some pictures while we worked on it today. and tomorrow i plan on fixing the throttle linkage, and mounting my oil cooler. that should only leave me with the inter cooler piping and gauges. here is some crappy cell phone pictures :), and no the bondo isn't that thick. i watched him put it on and it is very thin. we just haven't sanded it yet.
p1704087_1.jpg

p1704087_2.jpg

p1704087_3.jpg

p1704087_4.jpg

p1704087_5.jpg

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
i got the car back on wednesday but i have been super busy so i didnt have time to post pictures. the body work is so perfect, and i know the guy that did it so he did it for uber cheap and let me watch the whole process. heres some pics, the car is really dirty right now sorry
no more nasty holes, rust, or dents.. YAY :)
p1705628_1.jpg

p1705628_2.jpg

p1705628_3.jpg

p1705628_4.jpg

p1705628_5.jpg

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
I got the upper intercooler piping hooked up but in waiting for a tube for the bottom. My gauge set up. Its ready to install now. And I've already ran all the wires
p1710456_1.jpg

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
i recently purchased a ton of interior parts so i installed them today. i will post pictures of that once i get my gauge pod in. i also am very stumped and was curious if this has happened to anyone else ever, so i had the body work done, and now there are no holes in the trunk or fender. Well its been raining alot and i havent had time to work on the car so its been a while since i looked at it. well i looked at it today and the spot wear the spare tire goes, and the driver rear fender were full of water. i always thought this was happening due to the holes in the trunk and fender, but now they are gone. Any ideas on where the water is getting in at?

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
thanks man that means alot.. so my car used to just randomly not start sometimes. well I just got my new motor running the other day and it started up first try. I tried to start it the day after I got it running and it wont start. I turned the key and I hear a click at the starter so I know the ignition is telling the starter to go. but its a new starter so I don't think its bad. I tested all the simple things does anyone have any ideas? I really need help

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
I fixed it lol I paid 85 for a battery and tried it still just a click. did the 30 amp relay mod and still a click. i thought all day long about it and decided to replace the positive wire to the starter... started right up fml hahaha I made some custom throttle linkage that turned out awesome ill post a pic later

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
just basically enjoying the car lately. it runs so damn good. got a couple questions if anyone has any answers please do post. so my heater core never leaked before and itdecied to take a massive shit on my interior today lol so I bipassed it for now. any ideas why it randomly decided to leak? next I fixed the throttle cable and now it idles perfect when I start it cold but as it warms up the idles goes to about 1800 im stumped on that one lol and last but not least if I turn on my indicator lights the rear tailights light up (note this is when the headlights aren't on only interior and indicators) and if I press the breaks they work too. but when I turn my lights on all the way the rears don't light up except when I use the breaks