87 supra project

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Vice grips, order all new OEM studs from drift motion, go to local hardware/automotive store, buy a helicoil kit for that size (m8x1.25 I think) don't quote me on it.. All you do it drill the hole with the bit that comes with the helicoil kit, tap new threads with the tap that comes with the helicoil kit and thread in the helicoil, snap tab off and your good to go.. Easy

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
ok thats not to bad.. so what should i do about the one stud i cant get out? i was thinking maybe an impact wrench or something lol

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
put one nut on backwards and then another one on normal. tighen them together so you have something to twist the stud with. then torque the shit outa it with a long wrench or i a drill. is that doest work start using penetrating oil

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
got the stubborn stud out. and have a helicoil kit on the way from Arron at driftmotion, along with a braided stainless steal cold start injector hose. He was really a lot of help and i should have this fixed by the end of next week depending on when i get the package.
ok so i have some wiring issues and i really need some guidance on what wires go where.
here is the first wire i dont know where it goes
p1664455_1.jpg

here is another one with the same hookup but different color wire
p1664455_2.jpg

this one that has no plug on it
p1664455_3.jpg

and in this picture what plugs into the blue plug on the water neck, and what screws in below that plug?
p1664455_4.jpg

thanks guys i really need to get this project finished

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
Guitarboarder28;1665305 said:
awesome work. I wanna swap a gte in my 87 someday.. if you dont mind me asking how much is this project running you?
thanks man, and it all just depends on what you have done to the motor. if you do a full rebuild with all new everything and do it right it can get expensive, or it can be really cheap if you just buy a gte thats used and drop it in. its a straight forward swap. i all just depends on the parts that you buy and the quality of them.

so no ideas on the wires guys?

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Blue with White stripe, Auxiliary fan temp switch, (The one that has the blue plug on the T stat housing)

Green with red stripe, Coolant temp sensor for ECU

Yellow with red stripe, Coolant gauge sender only (if your gauge doesn't work swap the two wires. The one above, The two sensors look the same but only one works with the corresponding unit.

Yellow with black stripe, Oil pressure sending unit

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
cool that helps a lot Devin.. so i cant find where the green with red stripe (the one you said was for the ecu coolant) is that what is supposed to be screwed into the water neck beneath the auxiliary fan sensor?
and on another note i got my helicoil kit and stainless steel csi line. i installed the pretty new line and have drilled and tapped the exhaust holes.. this was very scary but not as bad as i thought it would be :) now i just need to install the heilicoils themselves and put on the turbo :)
pics after i get a lil more accomplished!!!

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Looks like your missing a sensor.. I think I was wrong a before. I need to relook up the wire colors for the stuff for yellow and grreeen with red stipe.. Im a little out ofit though.. Ill get backto you once im back to normal in the moring

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
the one your missing is the a/c coolant probe. ill also look in daylight for wire color.

p1667145_1.jpg

this help? borrowed from the WTB section

Last edited:

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
Lol I remember having to use this picture workin on my brown supra.

Oh and here's a little something to read about OBX style pulleys.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?149348-Unorthodox-pulley-bad-on-7MGTE
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?61951-Is-my-Crank-Pulley-Harmonic-Balancer-bad

Just a little side note, ATI Pulley is 12lbs. Correct me if i'm wrong, its sad because I just seen it in one of those two links.

Anyway, looks like its coming along pretty nicely. I'm digging that paint, I might just have to look into some in the future. I still have a spare block laying around :)

What'd you use to polish the inside of the runners?

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
Devin LeBlanc;1667142 said:
Looks like your missing a sensor.. I think I was wrong a before. I need to relook up the wire colors for the stuff for yellow and grreeen with red stipe.. Im a little out ofit though.. Ill get backto you once im back to normal in the moring
ok thanks a ton buddy, that would help a ton i need to get this done lol
bioskyline;1667145 said:
the one your missing is the a/c coolant probe. ill also look in daylight for wire color.

p1667352_1.jpg

this help? borrowed from the WTB section
ya it helped a lil except my water neck only has two spots for sensors not 3 lol
carter;1667155 said:
Lol I remember having to use this picture workin on my brown supra.

Oh and here's a little something to read about OBX style pulleys.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?149348-Unorthodox-pulley-bad-on-7MGTE
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?61951-Is-my-Crank-Pulley-Harmonic-Balancer-bad

Just a little side note, ATI Pulley is 12lbs. Correct me if i'm wrong, its sad because I just seen it in one of those two links.

Anyway, looks like its coming along pretty nicely. I'm digging that paint, I might just have to look into some in the future. I still have a spare block laying around :)

What'd you use to polish the inside of the runners?
ya it is 12 pounds and i am changing it out once i get the motor off of the stand. back to the stock one. and its just high heat engine paint.. stuff is awesome but make sure you have a clean surface that you are painting on.
and here is a link to what i used to polish them, i put it on an air dremal. but it can be used on a drill or anything:
http://www.google.com/products/cata...og_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CGUQ8wIwAA#

also in that picture the BVSV to my knoledge is used for the cold start injector but my motor doesnt have a spot for it and what does it plug into? thanks a ton guys for all the :1zhelp: :)

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
i got the 3000 pipe on and a bunch of other stuff so im finally getting there
p1668343_1.jpg

in this picture hides my braided stainless steal cold start injector line ;)
p1668343_2.jpg

and here is my new 7/16 stud kit..
p1668343_3.jpg

i need some help on a few things guys,
1) help figuring out the wires i was confused with in the last post, and the bvsv valve
2) how exactly do i install my cam position sensor? like maybe a step by step, i looked in the repair manual but i didnt really understand it. i need a personal opinion.
3) and how the vacuum lines run on the motor im lost on this part lol
4) also my studs are in just hand tight, so when i put on the manifold and the nuts do i need to tighten the studs first or do will the nuts make the studs tighten?
Thanks a ton guys i need to get this done :1zhelp:

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
so i got the cam position sensor on, and figured out most of the wiring. and loomed the wires i did figure out.. now some pictures :naughty:
p1670570_1.jpg

also i sanded, taped, and prepped out my mud flap, and window cowl so i can primer and paint them
p1670570_2.jpg

p1670570_3.jpg

p1670570_4.jpg

and im almost finished making my sandblaster, all i need is the gun (which will be here monday) and some sand
p1670570_5.jpg

p1670570_6.jpg

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
got the mud flap all primed up, wet sanded, and installed, along with the window cowl. i was about to take pictures and i cut my finger wide open, the razor blade went all the way to the bone.. ouch lol i ordered my clutch and new manifold so they should be here soon so i can get this motor in the car. also, i need a few parts please if you guys have them let me know asap.
1) turbo tach
2) ignitor
3) lexus afm

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Just modify your stock tach if you into electronics, I just got done doing it to one at the shop.. I got a lex AFM and I think an Ignitor, but let me check on the ignitor at the shop tomorrow.. How does 100 for it all sound?

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
Devin, i will do 80 shipped for both. does the lexus include the sensor?
And if anyone is following or cares lol, i took off my bumper so i can sand and bondo and primer it just like the mud flap. tomorrow when i work on the car again ill take pictures of the mud flap and window cowl.
so here are some pictures of that, and i am also going to try to straighten out my lip... :)
p1672323_1.jpg

p1672323_2.jpg

p1672323_3.jpg

p1672323_4.jpg

p1672323_5.jpg

wills_jdm

Jul 7, 2010
Nevada
some progress. i began sanding down the bumper, i also took a dremal to it, and went and got a lil filler so i can fix the small imperfections on it, it is coming along good. also i decided to do what you said Devin and i am having my technology teacher help me modify the na tach to work with the turbo motor. and here is the pictures of the finished mud flap and window cowl,
p1672802_1.jpg

p1672802_2.jpg

p1672802_3.jpg

and shown in this picture i took off the tabs that hold the plastic grill, i want the intercooler to really stand out :naughty:
p1672802_4.jpg

p1672802_5.jpg