7m vs sr20

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
I pull up next to him, and the guy seems cool. Has some grey Bride racing seats, HIDs, to the floor, and some good looking rims with killer offset. Greddy exhaust as well (badging said so). He looks over and i asked him sr20? He said yeah with a smile.

I had no idea how an sr20 pulled and figured in a car that small it would do some serious damage. We roll on first and he floors it, so i get right on it. I swung high up to 6300rpm (thinking hed be damn fast) and first gear i couldnt hear him anymore. When i popped second i could see him pretty far back in the rear view mirror, and third i just let off thinking hes not gunning it, and he flys by me. We try second gear and he does a little better but i still wouldnt call it a race. Killed him.

I got lost so we ask him for directions. We pull over, he pops his hood and yup, confirmed sr20. He kept wanting to see my engine so i finally popped it and he was perplexed when he saw a pretty stock 7m. lol

Thats a Supra for you! :)

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
When he saw the 7m.. he asked me how much i was boosting, and when i said stock boost that contributed more to his confusion lol.. Yeah he was pretty stockish also. Exhaust, Intercooler and piping, and intake.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Not bad. :)

I raced my friend's sr20det powered Nissan Sentra se-r back when I was making a mere 300rwhp. I killed him badly every time. :)

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
I helped a friend do the SR20DET swap in his 240 last month. When we went for the test drive I was waiting on the spool up to happen like it does in the Supra. Lets just say it never came. He is proud of it though.

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
Kckazdude;1372530 said:
I helped a friend do the SR20DET swap in his 240 last month. When we went for the test drive I was waiting on the spool up to happen like it does in the Supra. Lets just say it never came. He is proud of it though.

^ lmao.. everyone works with what they have right! its just we have something better. lol

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
Poodles;1372801 said:
SR20's are weak as hell...

u used to fear them things just like i did with hondas:nono:lol.

all imports are weak suace compared to a supra.

i was in my na mkiii on pines when i saw a 240sx not sure of year or motor we just left a light at about 20 he floored it and i did too i stretched him a good 3 cars and held my distance until about 60 ish and he passd me and pulled me 2 cars and let off to turn...i was kinda confused on how my 160hp 3400lb supra kept up so well.:1zhelp:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
No, seriously, the blocks are weak meaning you can't really push them nearly as hard as you can a KA...

I'm more scared of a boosted KA than I am any SR...

smokemkevo

May 28, 2009
yea i would be scared of a stock KA More Then The SR20 Also , If i had a nissan i would keep the KA n boost it, then going sr20 n the RB's.

Great Kill!

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
Thanks and yeah, im buying a t28 for my friends KA as we speak lol.. that should do a little more damage. Considering he doesnt wanna go the t3/t4 way.

88guy

use to go 280KMH :(
Jun 13, 2009
Victoria BC Canada
Theres a guy near me with a fully built, sr20. Claiming 400+ hp. Id like to see if its true.... Claims he's pulled on a mkiv running a single....i call bullshit!!!!!

88guy

use to go 280KMH :(
Jun 13, 2009
Victoria BC Canada
SupraMann;1373290 said:
BS... mk4s running singles are usually damn beefy.

yeah thats what i said. The mkiv he speaks of im pretty sure i hear is pushing 700+hp at the wheels. I drool when i see it :love: .....despite the fact its JDM RHD haha :icon_razz

SC Rydah

Sep 20, 2008
New Jersey
88guy;1373249 said:
Theres a guy near me with a fully built, sr20. Claiming 400+ hp. Id like to see if its true.... Claims he's pulled on a mkiv running a single....i call bullshit!!!!!

OF COURSE!! They're not that nasty!! Besides they're light in the ass and cant hook unless they work REAL HARD to learn how. Most of em are set up for drifting anyway - getting the ass loose - so why would they hook up for straight line performance?!

smokemyocum;1372904 said:
yea i would be scared of a stock KA More Then The SR20 Also , If i had a nissan i would keep the KA n boost it, then going sr20 n the RB's.

Great Kill!

The KA's are built for torque so with boost, they are torque monsters! But...with an RB26 or RB25, they're in our territory then. With an RB20, it's a2.0L inline 6! I dont know...but they sound DAMN GOOD LIKE OURS!!