7m vs sr20

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
MA70witBoost;1384397 said:
he thinks just cause he has a light car its the shit.... I wont race from a dig... only from a roll. Let me get mine to the point i want it and then you guys will get your video of me handing him his ass... heh... silly SR fan boys. :naughty: I mean dont get me wrong, its a nice little motor (emphasis on little) but its no 7M.

Get Tires. My car feels beautiful from a dig. Once your tires stick, youre gone!
Feels way better then on a roll, but thats just me.

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
7mgtorC;1384500 said:
Get Tires. My car feels beautiful from a dig. Once your tires stick, youre gone!
Feels way better then on a roll, but thats just me.

ehhh, need aftermarket traction rods in the back... have intermittent wheel hop. Want falken azenis RT-615's for the front and some Micky Thompson street Radials for the back (but those will be on a spare set of sawblades and not for everyday street use). Still also want to beef up my suspension seeing as im only running Eibachs and KYB's.

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
MA70witBoost;1384521 said:
ehhh, need aftermarket traction rods in the back... have intermittent wheel hop. Want falken azenis RT-615's for the front and some Micky Thompson street Radials for the back (but those will be on a spare set of sawblades and not for everyday street use). Still also want to beef up my suspension seeing as im only running Eibachs and KYB's.

Well those seem like long term goals. But alright from a roll it is!

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
7mgtorC;1384890 said:
Well those seem like long term goals. But alright from a roll it is!

dude, check out my build thread in my signature... this whole car has been a long term goal. 3 years plus w/ no driving till just a few months ago. I can wait altho it would be great to finally be at the end of this build and be able to rape just about anything that pulls up along side me. Then again even tho the 7M is running hard, I still gotta try not to bite off more than I can chew. Still getting used to the car/gear box but loving every second of it regardless. Guess we wouldn't be on this forum if we didn't love our cars. :love: MA70/7M-GTE FTFW!!!

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
7mgtorC;1383013 said:
Get on him next time. Same boost. lol.. I dont know much about sr20s but if my heavy ass car took it, im assuming there not too fast for a turbocharged lightweight.

you ever "assumed" maybee the jackass didn't know a damn about his car, and it was running like shit?

I'm not trying to be an ass, just making a point that not every motor runs the same

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
MA70witBoost;1384989 said:
dude, check out my build thread in my signature... this whole car has been a long term goal. 3 years plus w/ no driving till just a few months ago. I can wait altho it would be great to finally be at the end of this build and be able to rape just about anything that pulls up along side me. Then again even tho the 7M is running hard, I still gotta try not to bite off more than I can chew. Still getting used to the car/gear box but loving every second of it regardless. Guess we wouldn't be on this forum if we didn't love our cars. :love: MA70/7M-GTE FTFW!!!

Nice build thread. Haha i can see why you only race from a roll. Your "only race from a roll sticker" strictly prohibits off the line. lol

89jdm7m;1385293 said:
you ever "assumed" maybee the jackass didn't know a damn about his car, and it was running like shit?

I'm not trying to be an ass, just making a point that not every motor runs the same

Ran 2 more sr20s after that., and one of the drivers i am familiar with. So yes i "assumed" correctly. (hes talking about the guy i raced MA70witBoost)

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
a_sesshoumaru;1385578 said:
hahaha i have several friends running sr20´s, i dont run them anymore, it is not worth the gas, and it never was hahahha

Lmao, thats what i like to hear! People confirming. :naughty:

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
7mgtorC;1385458 said:
Nice build thread. Haha i can see why you only race from a roll. Your "only race from a roll sticker" strictly prohibits off the line. lol

Ran 2 more sr20s after that., and one of the drivers i am familiar with. So yes i "assumed" correctly. (hes talking about the guy i raced MA70witBoost)

Ehhh, I've raced from a dig befor but you had said it befor about me needing tires... spun em all in first, a bit in second and started to catch the G35 in third but it was a short race so yeah. And Im really hoping 89JDM7M's comments were for the guy ya raced... that "jackass" comment was starting to get me upset for a minute hence why i asked.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
MA70witBoost;1385380 said:
im really hoping your talking about the guy that 7mgtorC raced and not me and my race w/ my boys SR...
you're correct, lol

i don't know any of the car's specs at all (supra or silvia) I just know i've seen some serious beaters in my time, and I know while my mostly stock supra could outrun all of the sr20's with similar mods (as my car) there didn't seem to be that big of a gap (1 car length or 2 @ 130+ mph)... a little tuning or a few more mods on the sr20 and i'd be in the dust. of course this was in my 89 turbo targa (aka the battle tank) only mods were pvc IC pipes, a 3" straight thru muffler bolted to a bic ddp, cooleaze turbo inlet, and k&n filter, boost was around 9 psi at the time. for some reason i just don't think the sr20 is something to laugh at (sure in stock form)... but the 7m is something to laugh at in stock form as well... turbo 3.0 litre making 235bhp... kindof a joke if you ask me... but mods sure do bring out the power!

Last edited:

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
MA70witBoost;1385696 said:
Ehhh, I've raced from a dig befor but you had said it befor about me needing tires... spun em all in first, a bit in second and started to catch the G35 in third but it was a short race so yeah. And Im really hoping 89JDM7M's comments were for the guy ya raced... that "jackass" comment was starting to get me upset for a minute hence why i asked.

Ive taken a g35 from a dig. Tires make a HUGE difference., and yeah some ppl just dont know how to phrase things. Why waste time responding. lol

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
89jdm7m;1385707 said:
you're correct, lol

i don't know any of the car's specs at all (supra or silvia) I just know i've seen some serious beaters in my time, and I know while my mostly stock supra could outrun all of the sr20's with similar mods (as my car) there didn't seem to be that big of a gap (1 car length or 2 @ 130+ mph)... a little tuning or a few more mods on the sr20 and i'd be in the dust. of course this was in my 89 turbo targa (aka the battle tank) only mods were pvc IC pipes, a 3" straight thru muffler bolted to a bic ddp, cooleaze turbo inlet, and k&n filter, boost was around 9 psi at the time. for some reason i just don't think the sr20 is something to laugh at (sure in stock form)... but the 7m is something to laugh at in stock form as well... turbo 3.0 litre making 235bhp... kindof a joke if you ask me... but mods sure do bring out the power!

kinda makes me wanna drive a stock 7M-GTE supra and then jump into mine and compare. Dont think I ever had the chance to drive mine stock but in good running shape. Ran like crap befor and then I started the build. Now its fast but im still not satisfied.

7mgtorC;1386181 said:
Ive taken a g35 from a dig. Tires make a HUGE difference., and yeah some ppl just dont know how to phrase things. Why waste time responding. lol

I wouldn't doubt tires make a huge difference. Id like to get some 17" Cobra R wheels to replace my sawblades.. atleast for street driving. Figure the bigger wheels would make it easier to limit the tire spin. That and the bigger rim should also allow me to run wider tires than what i could run on the 16's. If not thinking bout some 225/50/16 RT615 Falken Azenis for the front and The 255/50/16 MT's for the back. Curious as to how that combo would work out on the supra. Then again I've also read that a proper alignment (4 wheel) should help tons w/ getting the power to the ground so thats another thing on my mind.

many people hate on the sr20's, but me and my bud did the swap, in his 89 hatch. We stripped it down and cut power steering, new fuel pump and hks 3 1/2 inch exhaust, stock side mount, and a hks death mushroom. did 5 lug conversion and put in a s14 re-shimmed LSD/viscous. 225 wheel, on stock boost, in a 2500lb car. NOM NOM! 3rd gear is the money maker in that car, LOL. I do not hate on that engine! I've built 2 and was impressed. But it's so much Cheaper to build Toyota motors, and i like the design of our motors better. ;]

88guy

use to go 280KMH :(
Jun 13, 2009
Victoria BC Canada
MA70witBoost;1386217 said:
kinda makes me wanna drive a stock 7M-GTE supra and then jump into mine and compare. Dont think I ever had the chance to drive mine stock but in good running shape. Ran like crap befor and then I started the build. Now its fast but im still not satisfied.

Its EYE opening. It felt fast when i bought stock....threw some dollars at it....BLEW ME AWAY when i finished(put about 80-90hp on over a weekend) Then just alittle while ago drove a buddys totally stock 90....I thought it felt kinda slow.......

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Poodles;1381886 said:
SR20 feels fast as hell to someone that used to own a Honda :rofl:

I went from a 7MGTE, back to N/A, down to a civic. It shattered me after the N/A swap, I couldn't even spin my 275's anymore, just a small chirp. Then, I downgraded to a Civic. I went from WHP to MPG. But at least I get around 35mpg. But as soon as school is over, I'll be back in a Supra :evil2:

SR's have potential, I've driven a couple SR powered 240's. They can be fast, it's all up to the owner though. I knew a guy who owned an SR powered S13, he put about $10k in all the wrong places. It couldn't even break into 14's @ the track. :3d_frown:

I was trying to pick on Evo's and STi's when I had my 7MGTE ;) I didn't really care about SR's :biglaugh:

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I think you had a few more mods on it than I do, I just have the downpipe, 3 inch exhaust, IC and the pipes...

I have a Lexus AFM, just waiting on a good deal on 550's, wideband o2, and an R154 swap to install it..:biglaugh:

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
MA70witBoost;1386217 said:

I wouldn't doubt tires make a huge difference. Id like to get some 17" Cobra R wheels to replace my sawblades.. atleast for street driving. Figure the bigger wheels would make it easier to limit the tire spin. That and the bigger rim should also allow me to run wider tires than what i could run on the 16's. If not thinking bout some 225/50/16 RT615 Falken Azenis for the front and The 255/50/16 MT's for the back. Curious as to how that combo would work out on the supra. Then again I've also read that a proper alignment (4 wheel) should help tons w/ getting the power to the ground so thats another thing on my mind.

Not to mention how beefy id look with Cobra R's! lol.. never heard about the alignment, but makes sense..

A-to-the-J;1386731 said:
dude..i used to keep up with Evo's and STi's...the most mods they could have is exhaust and intake...anything more and they would creep away :(

I took an Evo from second gear on the street, i got a slight jump and pulled away slowly. Looked stock., and an Sti on the freeway he looked modified.. exhaust, and the works when it comes to the looks. Him i kept taking over and over again we raced like 6 times., and my mods are pretty much like Razoe's (he might even have more) except for the fact im gutted, eliminated the a/c and have an electrical fan.

Dont they lose like 90hp by the time it gets to their wheels? About 30%..

300hp X .30 (30%) = 90hp..

300hp - 90hp = 210whp