7m vs sr20

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
MA70witBoost;1382980 said:
sweet kill... ran my boys black top SR (he was openboosting) and i was at 9psi (damn manual boost controller!) and they are fast. he handed me my ass in top end but only because i was at 9psi to his 20 (claims it had peaked 25 at one point in time)

Get on him next time. Same boost. lol.. I dont know much about sr20s but if my heavy ass car took it, im assuming there not too fast for a turbocharged lightweight.

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
7mgtorC;1383013 said:
Get on him next time. Same boost. lol.. I dont know much about sr20s but if my heavy ass car took it, im assuming there not too fast for a turbocharged lightweight.

well when we both got back to my house his car was smoking bad... at first we thought turbo seals but he claims it was just old motor oil that he'd never changed since the swap. Says he has a turbo upgrade in store for it. I dont fear the damn thing... especialy @ 15psi :evil2:

Taco;1381689 said:
i just dont understand why they don't go rb26. I guess bodykits and rims are more priority in the 240 world

RB26's are overpriced for what they are. The RB25 is just as good w/ a lower price tag. Have a friend that did a RB25 swap on his FD3S RX7 and asked him the same thing. Most 240's end up being drift cars anyways so the SR20 is more than enough. And sadly to really get noticed you have to spend some money on your car and show that your not afraid to hug the walls in your expensive looking Silvia to get noticed.

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
MA70witBoost;1383199 said:
well when we both got back to my house his car was smoking bad... at first we thought turbo seals but he claims it was just old motor oil that he'd never changed since the swap. Says he has a turbo upgrade in store for it. I dont fear the damn thing... especialy @ 15psi :evil2:

RB26's are overpriced for what they are. The RB25 is just as good w/ a lower price tag. Have a friend that did a RB25 swap on his FD3S RX7 and asked him the same thing. Most 240's end up being drift cars anyways so the SR20 is more than enough. And sadly to really get noticed you have to spend some money on your car and show that your not afraid to hug the walls in your expensive looking Silvia to get noticed.

Guess so.. but still, some dudes get down on it. Impressive stuff. Like Ken Block.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7R_buZPSo

TurboDreamz

Mar 28, 2009
hialeah
MA70witBoost;1382980 said:
sweet kill... ran my boys black top SR (he was openboosting) and i was at 9psi (damn manual boost controller!) and they are fast. he handed me my ass in top end but only because i was at 9psi to his 20 (claims it had peaked 25 at one point in time)

Correction let me speak here, and say i was on open boost wastegate line unhooked but for the record u were at 10-15 psi as u stated.. and yes i did hit 25psi i have it on film .. plus the race.. my girl was filming her first time.. so give her a break.. and by the way.... my clutch is slipping like a bitch ... ALSO ! IM STOCK all i got on the car right now is fmic , full exhaust, and walbro 255. power mods. ohh and another thing stock turbo..... tiny bitty T25 .. heres the runs.
also i respect the supra cuz i used to own it.and i give him props cuz the car in general is fuckin sweet... but ur not beating me rodo.! lil sr that could..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhRCdbxMZyQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yHonaoh2bM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4pITrc9g7c

Last edited:

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
25psi??? man thats not a question as to why why u took. C'mon 25pounds is 25pounds no matter what way u look at it.

TurboDreamz

Mar 28, 2009
hialeah
7mgtorC;1383561 said:
25psi??? man thats not a question as to why why u took. C'mon 25pounds is 25pounds no matter what way u look at it.

25 psi i only peaked in 5th gear .. which is also WaY out off the efficiency of my stock turbo .. 2nd thru 4th is some where in the 18-20 psi but still compared to a 60-1 ct26 with his extreme mod list..and 2 extra pistons and 1 extra liter.. round 2 will be coming soon. :) :naughty:

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
TurboDreamz;1383570 said:
25 psi i only peaked in 5th gear .. which is also WaY out off the efficiency of my stock turbo .. 2nd thru 4th is some where in the 18-20 psi but still compared to a 60-1 ct26 with his extreme mod list..and 2 extra pistons and 1 extra liter.. round 2 will be coming soon. :) :naughty:

Was wondering how long it'd take my SupraMania stalker to chime in ;) Hey I was backing your SR. And realize my mods aren't really doing much on my setup.

Intake:
Lexus V8 AFM
Cooleez Turbo Inlet Pipe w/ Red Couplers
Upgraded 60-1 Trim CT-26 Turbocharger
Fuel:
Aeromotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
RC 550cc Fuel Injectors
Walbro 255 LPH High Flow Fuel Pump w/ 12v mod
Engine:
Block Bored/Honed .020+
Exaust:
Lipp High Flow Turbo Elbow
Megan Racing 3" Down Pipe
3" exaust to 2.75" Muffler
Drivetrain:
ClutchMasters Stage 3 Clutch
Heavy-Duty Reinforced Pressure Plate
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
1pc Aluminum Driveshaft
OEM G305 2 Way LSD 3.73:1
Electronics:
HKS FCON

We gotta do a dyno day and see how much power were putting to the wheels. Regardless, it wasn't 10-15... the way I was setup at the time might have been 9-11psi. You've said it yourself. Dont really feel the car pull till past 12. If time and money allows it, I will be handing you your ass w/ my 7M. :biglaugh:

Poodles;1383207 said:
Hence why drifting is lame...

Ehh, to each his own.. Im a big fan of the sport just because I love the car control aspect. Like improving my skills as a driver. That, and as Tsuchia says in the Drift Bible, If your not having fun while doing it your doing something wrong. :D

Last edited:

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
MA70witBoost;1383630 said:
Was wondering how long it'd take my SupraMania stalker to chime in ;) Hey I was backing your SR. And realize my mods aren't really doing much on my setup.

Intake:
Lexus V8 AFM
Cooleez Turbo Inlet Pipe w/ Red Couplers
Upgraded 60-1 Trim CT-26 Turbocharger
Fuel:
Aeromotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
RC 550cc Fuel Injectors
Walbro 255 LPH High Flow Fuel Pump w/ 12v mod
Engine:
Block Bored/Honed .020+
Exaust:
Lipp High Flow Turbo Elbow
Megan Racing 3" Down Pipe
3" exaust to 2.75" Muffler
Drivetrain:
ClutchMasters Stage 3 Clutch
Heavy-Duty Reinforced Pressure Plate
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
1pc Aluminum Driveshaft
OEM G305 2 Way LSD 3.73:1
Electronics:
HKS FCON

We gotta do a dyno day and see how much power were putting to the wheels. Regardless, it wasn't 10-15... the way I was setup at the time might have been 9-11psi. You've said it yourself. Dont really feel the car pull till past 12. If time and money allows it, I will be handing you your ass w/ my 7M. :biglaugh:

Ehh, to each his own.. Im a big fan of the sport just because I love the car control aspect. Like improving my skills as a driver. That, and as Tsuchia says in the Drift Bible, If your not having fun while doing it your doing something wrong. :D

60-1?.. and those mods. you should have taken. Put up your boost next time, should be able to take.

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
7mgtorC;1383759 said:
60-1?.. and those mods. you should have taken. Put up your boost next time, should be able to take.

well I was playing w/ the boost at the time. Didn't have a boost controller so I was playing around w/ shims and T's. Had gotten it to 18psi but then was hitting fuel cut due to some boost leaks. Thought it was that i had tested during the hot day at 15 and thought the cold night moved me to 18 and above so i took the T off and it had dropped me back to 11 hence the condition of the race. Still not satisfied w/ the car tho. Really want to find another car so i can once again park the supra and finish debugging/getting new parts to really make it a monster. :evil2:

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
MA70witBoost;1383789 said:
well I was playing w/ the boost at the time. Didn't have a boost controller so I was playing around w/ shims and T's. Had gotten it to 18psi but then was hitting fuel cut due to some boost leaks. Thought it was that i had tested during the hot day at 15 and thought the cold night moved me to 18 and above so i took the T off and it had dropped me back to 11 hence the condition of the race. Still not satisfied w/ the car tho. Really want to find another car so i can once again park the supra and finish debugging/getting new parts to really make it a monster. :evil2:

Next round youd better take. I'll be waiting on a vid lol

TurboDreamz

Mar 28, 2009
hialeah
Next round ill be enthalpy tuned, hks 740cc inj ,stage 3 clutch, gt2871r and cams.. 400rwhp:aigo: dont think hed have a chance.. sorry lol:evil2:

7mgtorC

Formerly SupraMann
Mar 5, 2008
California
:icon_surp
TurboDreamz;1384026 said:
Next round ill be enthalpy tuned, hks 740cc inj ,stage 3 clutch, gt2871r and cams.. 400rwhp:aigo: dont think hed have a chance.. sorry lol:evil2:

a 60-1 turbo can get you over 400whp buddy. Gut the 7m, and get it off the line, and id find it to be a good race. dont forget the torque! :icon_surp

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
he thinks just cause he has a light car its the shit.... I wont race from a dig... only from a roll. Let me get mine to the point i want it and then you guys will get your video of me handing him his ass... heh... silly SR fan boys. :naughty: I mean dont get me wrong, its a nice little motor (emphasis on little) but its no 7M.