5 Scientific Reasons A Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
well, zombies are umm well zombies, right? So as long as you have lots of ammo and food its an extended hunting trip with easy target practice. Which is fine with me but no big ass crazy monsters like there always is in resident evil.... that would be scary.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
It's not a repost, it's a reminder.

We all should stay sharp and keep our zombie-shotguns loaded and zombie slaying swords sharp and zombie-hacking machine guns clean.

It's only a matter of time before rotten, undead hands are pawing at your windows... will you be ready, or will you be fresh meat?

*creepy music*

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
This gives me an even better reason for gettin my pistol license. What type of pistol do you recommend to stop a zombie in it's tracks? Shotguns are a dime a dozen around here, so I'll probably get me a Browning 12guage to go along with it.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
suprahero;1039535 said:
This gives me an even better reason for gettin my pistol license. What type of pistol do you recommend to stop a zombie in it's tracks? Shotguns are a dime a dozen around here, so I'll probably get me a Browning 12guage to go along with it.

I like the .45

Little risk of overpenetration, but pops a zombie's head like a rotten tomato.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
For zombies, I would go with a 10mm. They are similar in ft/sec to the .45, but hit with almost 75 more ft/lbs of kinetic energy. So not only will you demolish the head of the one in front of you, but the force of backwards flying zombie head, may be in fact enough to take out the one behind the first. Or you could do what I am planning on doing when that day comes. Just lay down and get it over with. If it's brains they are after, they are going to be sorely disappointed when they crack my head open looking for food.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Dunckel;1039573 said:
For zombies, I would go with a 10mm. They are similar in ft/sec to the .45, but hit with almost 75 more ft/lbs of kinetic energy. So not only will you demolish the head of the one in front of you, but the force of backwards flying zombie head, may be in fact enough to take out the one behind the first.

The main problem I have with the 10mm and the .40 is that they aren't that common. The .45 is everywhere. And when you're on the run being chased by a million rotting corpses, you may have to pick up ammo on the fly.

Fortunately zombies don't know what a gun store is, so you can probably stop an any and pick up some .45.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
SupraOfDoom;1039666 said:
I think this would be my ideal end of days situation.

Not I. Even the bleak hopeless post nuclear wasteland portrayed in The Road by Cormac McCarthy (Insanely good book if you love post apocalyptic stuff btw...) would be preferable to a land swarmed with the living dead.

No thanks, you can have my share of the zombies in your hell if you like.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Supracentral;1039677 said:
Not I. Even the bleak hopeless post nuclear wasteland portrayed in The Road by Cormac McCarthy (Insanely good book if you love post apocalyptic stuff btw...) would be preferable to a land swarmed with the living dead.

I'll have to check that out. I love post apocalyptic books / movies ect. Mad Max ect.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
suprahero;1039535 said:

Dan Wesson PPC .357

dan_wesson-3.jpg

In the immortal words of boris the blade, if it doesnt work, you can always hit them with it...

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Supracentral;1039677 said:

So, watched Jericho yet then? :D

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Supracentral;1039582 said:
The main problem I have with the 10mm and the .40 is that they aren't that common. The .45 is everywhere. And when you're on the run being chased by a million rotting corpses, you may have to pick up ammo on the fly.

Fortunately zombies don't know what a gun store is, so you can probably stop an any and pick up some .45.

Sorry Dunkel, but as usual Mike makes a compelling arguement for the .45. I don't want to be running from some fast walking zombie and not be able to find some 10mm. bullets...........:biglaugh: