5 Scientific Reasons A Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I purchased World War Z and the Zombie survival guide by Max Brooks from the local barnes and noble last night started reading both, they seem excellent so far, so when I got home I whipped out the beretta and some other items and made this, my Glock 22C still has not arrived, fucking austrians.

p1041937_1.jpg

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
That knife ain't gonna do you a damned bit of good son, Zombies don't bleed and you rarely have time to cut the head off with a knife.

Get yourself a baseball bat to replace it.

Apr 1, 2005
WA
Supracentral;1042165 said:
A katana works well if you know how to use it. ;)

you'd be surprised just how hard it is to cleanly cut through flesh with one of those. i'd be willing to bet rotting flesh would be much eaiser though.:evil2:

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
It's more for utilitarian purposes hahaha, I have a much more effective machete and bat in the closet, the machete was a gift from one of dads deployments pretty nice kbar style grip, pretty hefty blade and super sharp, hence it stays put up, don't want in dewey cox style halfings going on.

Although the knife in a last ditch hand to hand could allow for penetration of the cortex if you stab the rear underside of the head but I wouldn't wanna get that close haha. This video I'm posting is complete BS but it's kinda cool the way they shot it. Be interesting to know hwat movie or whatever this was filmed for.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZDEihNufss8

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Wills7MGTE;1042541 said:
It's more for utilitarian purposes hahaha, I have a much more effective machete and bat in the closet, the machete was a gift from one of dads deployments pretty nice kbar style grip, pretty hefty blade and super sharp, hence it stays put up, don't want in dewey cox style halfings going on.

Although the knife in a last ditch hand to hand could allow for penetration of the cortex if you stab the rear underside of the head but I wouldn't wanna get that close haha. This video I'm posting is complete BS but it's kinda cool the way they shot it. Be interesting to know hwat movie or whatever this was filmed for.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZDEihNufss8

Shoulda saved the last one for himself.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
shaggyskadude13;1048998 said:
Zombies have no body heat, and therefore wouldnt have heat signatures on infrared....

Cool video none the less though.

"Active" infrared detects "heat", but mostly through heat generated by kinetic/molecular motion, not purely by a heat signature alone. Molecules/atoms in motion will emit heat of some kind. Simple passive infrared [PIR, such as you would see for home use security/motion detectors, ie: cheap sensors] would not catch a snake passing by, but active infrared detection sets used in avionics and most other applications will see cold-blooded creatures. This can be affected by many things, including which infrared window of the light spectrum, in microns, the detector is set to search. If he was looking through a purely thermal detector like what the Predator [the fictional alien, not the predator UAV aircraft] uses might have a little trouble, depending on how sensitive the sensor was. Still, you can see cold-blooded animals through a thermal camera.
Just because an animal is not homeothermic does not mean they are not traceable by heat signature of some sort.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
any other suggestions for Z movies IJ? i loved 28 days later/28 weeks later (waiting for 28 months)

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I didn't like the new day too much I mean it wasn't horrible but it was not good either, kinda a tolerable waste of time with some good points added. The Dawn of the Dead remake was pretty good, Diary of the dead was a mixed feeling for me so watch at your own descretion, 28 weeks and days are good however not really Z movies, The classic dawn of the dead is excellent as is the night of the living dead remake of 1990, and the original day of the dead has grown on me as well.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
IJ.;1052951 said:
Shaun of the Dead :)

Just about ANY Z movie rocks Clip it doesn't matter how Craptacular it is!
(My GF thinks I'm insane but she agreed "Day of the Dead" was less crap than usual!)

Pretty comprehensive list here!

And even more here!

Of course these are research films for when the apocalypse happens!
(can't be too prepared)

That could have been me talking about Theresa...

We are exactly the same way. I love them, she thinks I'm a little unhinged.

(Well that and I'm the member of a zombie apocalypse survival community...)

How you feel about Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns like High Plains Drifter or The Good, the bad & the Ugly? That's another thing about me Theresa just doesn't get...

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
Supracentral;1242688 said:
That could have been me talking about Theresa...

We are exactly the same way. I love them, she thinks I'm a little unhinged.

(Well that and I'm the member of a zombie apocalypse survival community...)

Not as big of Z movie fan as you guys but I do enjoy a good one every now and then.

Did you guys like Planet Terror, I thought it was quite amusing....

Supracentral;1242688 said:
How you feel about Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns like High Plains Drifter or The Good, the bad & the Ugly? That's another thing about me Theresa just doesn't get...

Now this, I am a big fan of. Love the old westerns, Clint is the most bad ass Gunslinger ever (I enjoyed Pale Rider along with the two you mention).

On another note, I have been reading Stephen King's Dark Tower series which kind of combines the two in the earlier books (Zombie/mutants + gunslingers).

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
If you like Clint Eastwood, you NEED to see Gran Torino, great movie...

For the chainsaw bayonet... I dunno, doesn't have enough power and I'd rather have the chainsaw rocket launcher :D