5 Scientific Reasons A Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
SupraOfDoom;1039689 said:
I'll have to check that out. I love post apocalyptic books / movies ect. Mad Max ect.

I read The Road cover to cover, without a break. What a truly stunning, morose and dark tale. It's about a man and his boy, walking across the burnt, ash covered wasteland of the United States in the midst of nuclear winter. Everything is extinct. There's no plant life. Everyone is starving and the bulk of the remaining humans (of which there are few) have turned to cannibalism to survive.

It is bleak, savage and at times gut wrenching. But I'd still call it a testament to the human spirit, and how far we will go to survive, and how much some of us will stuffer to maintain our humanity.

The only problem with reading this is that it may destroy your penchant for post-apocalyptic fiction. This tale is far darker than most in the genre, and I'll bet it's far closer to the potential truth. Be sure you're ready to stare into the abyss before you pick it up.

Kai;1039693 said:
So, watched Jericho yet then? :D

What a pack of happy horse shit. As a student of science, I find that show mildly insulting. The Road is the reality. Jericho is a fairy tale.

Kai;1039690 said:
Dan Wesson PPC .357 - In the immortal words of boris the blade, if it doesnt work, you can always hit them with it...

Damned right, you can always crack some silly bastards skull with one of those if you run out of ammo.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
Supracentral;1039677 said:
Not I. Even the bleak hopeless post nuclear wasteland portrayed in The Road by Cormac McCarthy (Insanely good book if you love post apocalyptic stuff btw...) would be preferable to a land swarmed with the living dead.

No thanks, you can have my share of the zombies in your hell if you like.

Shit! I had forgotten to finish that! I got busy near the end of school and never completed it. Damn good story though, I picked it for a end-of-year read and i'm very glad I did. Even acted out a few scenes in my english class. :biglaugh:

+1 recommendation from me!

Now i'm off to buy a copy on ebay or my local bookstore.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
suprahero;1039849 said:
Jason(Friday the 13th dude) never runs either, but he's always there ahead of everyone..........:dunno:

We're talking about zombies here, not some made up movie serial killer!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Dunckel;1039870 said:
Oh shit!! They've already gotten to Jay's brains. He can't think anymore!!:runaway:

For SC, and IJ, please don't take this as an open invitation.........it's way too simple for you two........:biglaugh:

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Isn't there a dangerous potential of a zombification virus allowing the full use of all present muscle mass in the body? I'd be concerned about 'real' zombies being as fast as that particular body could move... can the cortex control such functions?

The only real threatening part about a zombie that only suffles along at less than walking speed, is that it will never tire, never stop, and never sleep... just shuffle towards the next meal.

I like the .45 reasons Mike, good stuff. Training and license are on my list of things to do in the next few months.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
well I have a glock 22c (the servicel ength compensated high cap .40 cal model of the glock handgun) as well as a beretta M92FS 9mm handgun, I'm going to be buying an AR-15 and a Benelli Super 90 in then ext year and maybe a Remington M700 too but even with all of them its not enough hahaha.

I keep 6 mags for each handgun loaded as well as one in each weapon with one piped in the chamber already so I'm ok to get to the next point in the event it did happen.