2JZ-GE-T Dyno and 1/4 Times

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Hey guys!

Well I finally got around to dynoing my setup and I wasn't too dissatisfied at all...

At 10 PSI I put down 374HP and 324TQ and pulled a 13.7 at the track with full weight.

But I'm here for you guys to critique my run and offer any suggestions you guys may have for me!

Here's what my fastest ET slip read and yeah I know my 60ft sucked lol

R/T..... .268
60'...... 2.361
1/8......9.133
MPH.....83.44
E.T......13.749
MPH.....106.22

Here's my best RT slip but I popped fuel cut a lot on that run so it slowed me down a lot!

R/T..... .175
60'...... 2.389
1/8......9.295
MPH.....82.06
E.T......13.939
MPH.....106.54

Videos...

Dyno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDm5fUWnAe0&feature=channel_page

Drag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWTOKA0KqZY

Thanks guys!

-Nick-

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
in the process of doing the swap myself. Good work. With a better 60ft u will proably shed another couple tenths of ur time. Still very impressive.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I honestly feel like those are very impressive numbers.

That just goes to show everyone who said "it won't run right." :)

Great job Nick!

Your car is an inspiration. Simplicity.

I have a question for you Nick, because you took a chance and tried something different. Do you regret doing this VS dropping in a built/re-built 7MGTE?

The way I see it is:
1) motor capable of 700+whp on stock internals
2) dirt cheap even when compared to a 7MGTE
3) ARGUABLY more reliable with many improvements
4) Keep most of your aftermarket mods/components without sacrificing aftermarket part availability

But I'm really curious as to what you think..

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
hottscennessey;1323559 said:
I honestly feel like those are very impressive numbers.

That just goes to show everyone who said "it won't run right." :)

Great job Nick!

Your car is an inspiration. Simplicity.

I have a question for you Nick, because you took a chance and tried something different. Do you regret doing this VS dropping in a built/re-built 7MGTE?

The way I see it is:
1) motor capable of 700+whp on stock internals
2) dirt cheap even when compared to a 7MGTE
3) ARGUABLY more reliable with many improvements
4) Keep most of your aftermarket mods/components without sacrificing aftermarket part availability

But I'm really curious as to what you think..

I'll tell you what man... You saying my car is an inspiration means quite a bit. Coming from someone whose setup was an inspiration for my build. So thanks a lot man, I really do appreciate it.

Thanks! I was surprised at the numbers actually. I was thinking somewhere around 320 or so. When I saw 374HP I kind of didn't believe it for a bit... :rofl: Even though it's not that much power, I just didn't expect it.

To answer your question... I absolutely do not regret going 2JZ-GE-T with the 7M electronics. My setup is extremely drivable except for the dying issue that the 7M ECU is plagued with when using an un-recirculated BOV. I'm trying to remedy that by going standalone but the economy pwns right now...

For the most part, it is reliable. I mean I do have the occasional issue however, I would run into that running any 350HP+ daily driver car. Such as charging issues, which any regular car would have, and recently my oil feed line cracked but that was my fault. Most of the issues that I had with it not being reliable were due to me skimping on quality parts such as couplers... :3d_frown: This car makes frequent road trips to Indiana and back (800 miles one way) occasionally Indianapolis (180 miles one way) and occasionally to Louisville. My gas mileage is 24-26 highway and probably about 16 straight city.

I was talking about JZ series engines this past weekend with a friend/shop owner and we were comparing them to the 7M. We came to the conclusion that it's just more "mechanic friendly". Case in point; the 7M accessory pulley system compared to the JZ pulley system. Instead of having three individual belts, each with separate tighten-able tensioners, the JZ has a serpentine system with one hydraulic tensioner. Just little things like that, that, in my opinion, make the JZ a more desirable platform, aside form the aforementioned reasons.

The bottom line is man, I have one of my dream cars before I'm 21 years old. Certain circumstances had to align in just the right way to allow me to do this build. Because those things aligned in that way, I took advantage of it, did the research and voila, single turbo 2JZ MK3 by the time I'm 20.

Yes, the build is a lot of work and requires a lot of research, but what build doesn't?

I may revise this later if I think of more and might attach it to the 2JZ-GE-T Swap Notes thread. I think if we got everyone who has gone this route to chime in, and say how they feel about their setup it would be very helpful for people who are considering this route.

-Nick-

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
*golf clap*

That's a kick ass car, Nick! :)
On a reliability factor, driving it back and forth from TX to IN says a lot.

Scott hit it dead on, though.........Simplicity.
(Hows the Silvia doing, by the way? :) )

Nick, How hard are you coming off the line? (And at what RPM's)
It's sort of a no brainer, but if you could improve that 60' time,
You'll see a big improvement on your ET's.

Good times though regardless, given the circumstances.
But I've gotta say, I'm really, really impressed with those Dyno #'s at such low boost.

Keep it up!
May God be with our economy so I can see your car next time with bigger supporting mods for more boost! :biglaugh:

Jeff

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Did you just get out and push it the first 60ft? :D

All kidding aside, great numbers Nick. I told you it was making more than 300 lol

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Boost Lee;1323937 said:
*golf clap*

That's a kick ass car, Nick! :)
On a reliability factor, driving it back and forth from TX to IN says a lot.

Scott hit it dead on, though.........Simplicity.
(Hows the Silvia doing, by the way? :) )

Nick, How hard are you coming off the line? (And at what RPM's)
It's sort of a no brainer, but if you could improve that 60' time,
You'll see a big improvement on your ET's.

Good times though regardless, given the circumstances.
But I've gotta say, I'm really, really impressed with those Dyno #'s at such low boost.

Keep it up!
May God be with our economy so I can see your car next time with bigger supporting mods for more boost! :biglaugh:

Jeff

Thanks a lot Jeff!

When I set off in August for my trip to Indiana for school my Dad was like "...Are you sure?" lol Yep. I had faith in it, even if it broke I could most likely fix it on the side of the road as long as it was catastrophic.

I'm coming off the line at about 3,500-4,200 RPM but slipping the clutch off the line. I didn't want to dump it because I didn't think I had the boost built up enough that it didn't bog. To be honest, I'm really not that experienced with drag racing at all. I've been to the 8th mile track like 2 times, run a total of 4 times. That was years ago with my bone stock 7M setup.

Yeah I really need to improve my 60's. After some more mods, I'd like to go back and try it again but with all of the weight out (sub, spare, tools, back seats, jack)

Thanks again Jeff! Haha yeah hopefully I can snag some more supporting mods... :evil2:

-Nick-

P.S. Sick silvia man, saw some more pics on facebook.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
If I would have looked more into this 2jzge-t with 7m electronics more... I would have done it. A stock 2j block capable of hadling 700hp is a plus. No exotic internals needed means more cash for other mods. I spent around $850 for a stock shortblock rebuild on a 7m, and still need to cross my fingers when I push the numbers toward 500hp.

BTW, are you using any kind of fuel computer? Wideband? Speed density?

Attachments

• et_street.jpg
    et_street.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Suprapowaz!(2);1323974 said:
If I would have looked more into this 2jzge-t with 7m electronics more... I would have done it. A stock 2j block capable of hadling 700hp is a plus. No exotic internals needed means more cash for other mods. I spent around $850 for a stock shortblock rebuild on a 7m, and still need to cross my fingers when I push the numbers toward 500hp.

Good tune + Good owner will take you a long ways.

A fine example is Sean's 753RWHP on a stock 7M block. **edit - Stock 7M head, too! (No cams!)
(With the exception of MHG/ARP combo).
Don't be disappointed you stuck with a 7M, it's just as capable...

2JZ is just muuuuch more forgiving to mistakes/abuse. :biglaugh:

BTW, I believe Nick said he was using SAFC+WB

Jeff

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Boost Lee;1323999 said:
Good tune + Good owner will take you a long ways.

A fine example is Sean's 753RWHP on a stock 7M block. **edit - Stock 7M head, too! (No cams!)
(With the exception of MHG/ARP combo).
Don't be disappointed you stuck with a 7M, it's just as capable...

2JZ is just muuuuch more forgiving to mistakes/abuse. :biglaugh:

BTW, I believe Nick said he was using SAFC+WB

Jeff

was that 7m raced at that power level? a dyno means nothing.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Just going to throw out there how strong Matt's stock internal 2JZGE was.

relay for methanol pump died.. who knows HOW long it was run in this condition. I was tuning it via the datalogs.

23psi.
pump gas
25* ignition timing
~8.7 CR
WOT
15.0 AFR
3rd gear pulls

It did NOT blow up!!!! WTF??! Never seen anything like it.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
damn i might have to do this as well!

only thing, it seems the car is running slow trap speed for the power numbers it put down. with those numbers you should be a lot closer to 110mph at least. how bad was it spinning off the line?

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Suprapowaz!(2);1323974 said:

Jeff is right I am using the SAFC Neo with an AEM Uego for wideband.

kotu100;1323974 said:
only thing, it seems the car is running slow trap speed for the power numbers it put down. with those numbers you should be a lot closer to 110mph at least. how bad was it spinning off the line?

I didn't really spin that much off the line but I did spin in 2nd for a split second. I didn't launch the car that hard really. It was more like easing into it, as you can see from the video.

Also keep in mind that in each run I popped fuel cut at least twice during the run... :madfawk: In fact, the second run (not on that video) I hit fuel cut a number of times because I was boost leaking like an SOB, then finally 3/4 down the track my charge pipe blew. That's when the MK4 I was running really passed me like I was stopped!

I agree with Scott, these engines are very strong. I almost had a ride in your old car with Matt but his trans blew up like the morning of the ride... :(

-Nick-

Last edited:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Those are good numbers considering it's only 10psi. I will second the low trap speed numbers, but I can understand the fuel cut issues. That's why I was asking if you were speed density, or still using 7m's air metering. You car looks very clean... like mine used to look like. :( Do you have a build thread?

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Still super (you might say Supra) impressed with the #s! Super-sad I missed the Dallas meet...

I ran a 13.2@110 on my NA-T at 16psi on E85 and 880cc injectors at TX2k9 with a fairly strong headwinds with ET streets. I was running fairly rich though due to a substantial difference in the amount of gas in the E85 I filled up with before heading to the track too... I'm running 20psi now and am shopping for 1000s now and hopefully 500+rwhp :D

BTW-adding this to the 2jz NA-T sticky :)

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Suprapowaz!(2);1324297 said:
Do you have a build thread?

Yessir! Took as many pictures as I could. Also I'm on stock 7M AFM.

Thanks man, I try to keep my car clean. It has some decent paint still left but it definitely needs a respray. I'll do a photoshoot here soon while its still reaping the benefits of a fresh polish and wax. :icon_razz

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73968

Thanks Josh! For the comment on the numbers and for adding this to your sticky thread. It feels good being able to contribute some info :) cant wait to actually see your car in person and watch it run.

-Nick-

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
Just curious about what you do with the low redline of 6500rpm on the stock 7M ecu? Or do you just live with the lower redline?

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
I mainly just live with the stock redline as it gives me plenty of power band with this T61. Occasionally I wont notice that I'm getting that close to redline and it will bounce off of the rev limiter. With my old shitty tires I used to do it in 1st on accident. I actually popped a flame doing it on a video of mine on YouTube.

I was told the redline of the GE was very close to the 7M-GTE redline but I could have been misinformed.

Can anyone else chime in on this?

-Nick-

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Rev limiter isn't until 6800 or 7000 if I remember right, that's pretty close. I wouldn't worry about it too much.