2009 Corvette

What do you think?

• Total voters

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Where's the "umm, ok, what's there to discuss?" option?
I thought everyone already knew about ths.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Cheap? Wow. Not what I'd call the C6 interior (test drove a base model - gave SERIOUS consideration to selling the Supra/parts at that point and trading in my truck toward one). The car performs, so say what you want about the monoleaf that is almost *nothing* like the normal leaf springs you see in trucks ;)

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Kai said:
Still ancient OHV crap....and probably still using cheap plastic interiors, leaf springs and i'd be surprised if there was an LSD on it...

Put the haterade down, Kai.

You're starting to sound like Syris. ;)

That crap OHV engine and leaf springs put the Vette around the 'Ring at a very quick time.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
What i dont understand is, for the price it sells at, surely an extra $1000 for independant rear suspension would be warranted....

As for the interior - i've been in a Corvette before and the interior smelled like a plastics factory and was paper thin, to the point of being embarassing to be associated with it :(

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
Kai said:
What i dont understand is, for the price it sells at, surely an extra $1000 for independant rear suspension would be warranted....

As for the interior - i've been in a Corvette before and the interior smelled like a plastics factory and was paper thin, to the point of being embarassing to be associated with it :(
Are you a writer for Top Gear or do you just regurgitate what they say. As for the ancient suspension and engine, what the hell is wrong with it, if ain't broke don't fix it. Name a European car in its price range that can hang with it. Take your politics somewhere else its not needed in this thread.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
How is it politics - its an opinion. One that i'm entitled to voice.

The underpinnings are technically ancient compared to everything else on the road - you should be bitching at companies like GM and Ford to update that shit. They dont try and pull that crap here with the cars we get, why do you stand for it?

I'm not a writer for top gear, but after having been in more than just a corvette, i can pretty much state that most US cars have a) shitty interiors that smell horrible b) bad build quality c) ancient technological underpinnings.

Name a European car in its price range? I'm assuming you mean the ZR-1 - so how about the Noble M12GTO? :)

Vauxhall VX220?
2008 BMW M3 Coupe (V8)?
2007 Mercedes SLK55 AMG?

I'd like to say the Audi R8, which is rumoured to cost $9k more, but for that 9k you'd be buying better quality and better design...

It's not impossible to beat the ZR-1 for the price, not hard at all. Many people will go 'ooh and aaah' over it, sure. Thing is, when it comes to spending $100k on a car, are you going to buy a chevy, or are you going to buy a benz? Think about that...

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
kwnate said:
Are you a writer for Top Gear or do you just regurgitate what they say.

Give him a break, it's the only good thing to come out of England since America was settled.:biglaugh:

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
OneJoeZee said:
Put the haterade down, Kai.

You're starting to sound like Syris. ;)

That crap OHV engine and leaf springs put the Vette around the 'Ring at a very quick time.

Woah low blow there bud, you can be on my side this topic

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
Kai said:
How is it politics - its an opinion.
At least your "opinions" are consistant. Europe > America...

Sucks that chevy can use their ancient technology and still produce a faster, better handling car for less money doesn't it. The BMW and Mercedes (chick car) interiors are no better and no worse than the corvettes. What do the europeans use for dashboard materials?

Do you do alot of drugs?

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
In terms of technological development, yes, we're better at producing cars than you.

Less money? I hardly think that $100,000 is 'less money' do you? You must be on crack if you think a Chevy is better than a BMW, especially in terms of fit and finish.

You're the one on drugs here...

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
Kai said:
Still ancient OHV crap....and probably still using cheap plastic interiors, leaf springs and i'd be surprised if there was an LSD on it...

Hmm OHV crap? 505 Hp and 475 torque is crap out of NA motor that even comes with warranty(speaking z06)? Well what other way would you consider that is more perfected than that is natuarally aspirated?

cheap plastic interior, what do you want the interior to be made out of? Wood?

Whats wrong with leaf springs? From the way Joe already put it, seems to me that, that the suspension setup on them are pretty much dead on. Seems like most of the time the Corvettes are leading the pack on the track on a side note. Doesn't say all too much for "exotic" suspension now does it? Last I checked Double Wishbone is pretty old also.