2009 Corvette

What do you think?

• Total voters

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
keep in mind all it takes VERY few mods to make the LS motors pure monsters...

The stock corvette exhaust is fantastic, but the cam is still ground for a nice idle... replace it, reprogram ECU and they're quite a bit meaner...

The LS motors are VERY well made, but have to be properly cared for as the tolernaces are tight and need to be properly broken in and cared for. I've seen ones that the previous owner went through 4 sets of rear tires in the first 6 months and it has crazy piston slap and rod knock. But on the flip side I've seen em properly broken in and cared for and not have issues at all...

claricae86

Aug 23, 2006
oklahoma
depending on what car the ls is put in it can actually get some decent gas mileage as well, my buddy has an lsx rx7 getting a solid 30 miles per gallon. I don't know how good the corvette's is but it's defintaly an improvement over alot of other v8's. The lsx motors can't be too horrible for everyone to be using them in so many different platforms now.

man never thought i would see a band of supra owners back up any american car or motor like this. definatly cool to see that were not just JdM Tyte supra owners but more so just car enthusiast in general.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
claricae86 said:
man never thought i would see a band of supra owners back up any american car or motor like this. definatly cool to see that were not just JdM Tyte supra owners but more so just car enthusiast in general.

Well foreign cars are nice but you can't shun American engineering in many cases.... it would be dumb to say i'm all about Japanese cars since i own a supra and my dad drives a Mitsubishi. Heck - i thought our whole family owned Japanese cars until i read little markings on my mom's van that said "ford" :icon_mad: heh...

but yeah...i dont like it when people don't appriciate a car for what it is rather than who made it, that's just dumb.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
claricae86 said:

I think most of us just like the most perfomance possible, while spending as little money as possible haha.