.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
crisp;1876154 said:
^^^ THREAD PHOTO OF THE YEAR!!!

Get on it, son! We WANT it to come out, TOO!:biglaugh:

-crisp

I'm on it... I'm just sitting here at work dying to be home working on it :(. One step closer though... :biglaugh:

Orion ZyGarian;1876158 said:
Wow that looks terrific! Great work. What gauge wire are you using? Kinda looks like 2 gauge

I'm using 1/0 Gauge or sometimes referred to as 00 gauge or welding wire. It's way thicker than 2 gauge. I was considering going with Stinger wire since I already bought Stinger Battery terminals, breaker, etc but this wire is so much better!!! I would recommend this wire to anyone without an issue. Sorry for the crappy phone pic, but I don't like stopping to take pics and using the phone is the easiest route :icon_bigg

IMG_0810_SMALL.JPG

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
ryansmith;1876170 said:
This is very cool, read through your forum it's been a long time coming I really like the way you worked your supra very tidy looks amazing.

Loooong time coming for sure!!! :)

Orion ZyGarian;1876171 said:
Excellent! It's tough to tell from pics sometimes. I had planned on using the same size myself, as I figured 2 gauge seems a bit small.

Yeah, pictures don't look good at all. And having me as a picture taker sure doesn't help LOL. If you're relocating your batt, use this wire for sure! Can't go wrong!

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
I haven't been online for quite some time and its good to see some more progress.
I am particularly interested in what you are doing now as I have to relocate my battery and I am yet to give any thought beyond the fact that I need to do it.

In the JDM car that piece of metal behind the rear seats does not exist, I am wondering if it would make my install easier to have one of those pieces, or I can make something up from scratch

Also, I really like the install on the breaker, what brand was that, I think that is one idea I will be stealing from you.

I'll try and catch you on MSN to talk about this a little more

I am definitely going to a dry cell battery at this stage

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
HKS_TRD;1876464 said:
I haven't been online for quite some time and its good to see some more progress.
I am particularly interested in what you are doing now as I have to relocate my battery and I am yet to give any thought beyond the fact that I need to do it.

In the JDM car that piece of metal behind the rear seats does not exist, I am wondering if it would make my install easier to have one of those pieces, or I can make something up from scratch

Also, I really like the install on the breaker, what brand was that, I think that is one idea I will be stealing from you.

I'll try and catch you on MSN to talk about this a little more

I am definitely going to a dry cell battery at this stage

Hey there cobber! Like always, anything you need I'm here. Since your car already comes without the wood platform and you don't plan on using the space it provides below for amps and what not, I would suggest you just install a battery bracket to the chassis without that center piece. It will lower your battery and the CoG for better cornering ;) Plus it saves you a ton of work and a couple inches of wire :)

The breaker is a Stinger and I chose the 150 amp based on my usage, which won't be a hole lot. I was afraid to go under 150 because the starter alone can draw 150-175 amps while cranking. At 150 the breaker wont be triggered while cranking because it can actually handle a lot more than that for several seconds.

I decided to complicate things and install the breaker where I did. I always find it fascinating that the things you can't see are the ones that require the most work. Its so easy to shoot film and have all the camera men show, but its quite hard to shoot and have the cameras hidden, specially when there's many. The same holds true for most things, specially when talking about cars.

Anyways, hit me up on messenger!

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Thanks for the info, I also need to see if the battery will fit under my rear strut brace and the roof. I may end up going to one of the rear corners if it works out better but behind the rear seats is my preferred option

I'll be in touch on MSN soon, I've got some spanner time scheduled for my car soon

hud43

hud43
Aug 15, 2005
Oak Harbor, Washington
WOW! Just spent the last three days reading this thread from start to finish... AWESOME! Do not rush this. I've been working on my '89 since about the same time and I have wasted too much time and money trying to get it finished "soon" and out of the garage or on the road. You have almost inspired me to start all over from square one and using my own mistakes and what I've learnd from this thread to do it right... Almost!

Great work!!!

I am a bit broken hearted though, I have a black and red theam also. No copy cat though. I will be going with Black Ruby Pearl, 206 with red accents.

Really like this build.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
hud43;1879470 said:
WOW! Just spent the last three days reading this thread from start to finish... AWESOME! Do not rush this. I've been working on my '89 since about the same time and I have wasted too much time and money trying to get it finished "soon" and out of the garage or on the road. You have almost inspired me to start all over from square one and using my own mistakes and what I've learnd from this thread to do it right... Almost!

Great work!!!

I am a bit broken hearted though, I have a black and red theam also. No copy cat though. I will be going with Black Ruby Pearl, 206 with red accents.

Really like this build.

Not a copycat, just someone with great taste! ;)

I've changed my plans and my theme a couple of times because of some people copying and doing a half-assed job while they're at it and that bugs me. However, it's something inevitable. Most people are idiots but there are many who are perhaps like yourself and myself who truly like something and do not have a problem doing it the right way and giving recognition where its deserved.

For those reasons I've decided that some parts of my car will be interchangeable and thus allowing me to change the "theme" the "look" of my car in a very short amount of time to suit my likes.

This also comes from my inability to decide on one theme and one alone :D. I just happen to like a couple of themes too much and can't make up my mind about it. I keep going back and forth, and since I don't want to have multiple supras anymore, I'll just build one with its own costume suitcase :D

Do you have a build thread?

Slayr504

Aug 16, 2012
Murica
Wow. Just read through 128 pages of this. 1) Insane 2) Absurd detail 3) $$$x100^1000000 4) I WANT THIS TO BE DONE SO I CAN FINALLY NUT 5) I commend you on your patience and hard work :bowdown:

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Slayr504;1879639 said:
Wow. Just read through 128 pages of this. 1) Insane 2) Absurd detail 3) $$$x100^1000000 4) I WANT THIS TO BE DONE SO I CAN FINALLY NUT 5) I commend you on your patience and hard work :bowdown:

HEY now! Get to the back of the (LOOOOONG) line!!!;)

Supraholics;1879605 said:
I'll just build one with its own costume suitcase :D

Miguel, I'm thinking "TONY STARK" like IRON-SUPRA with collapsible body panels and interchangeable components... a O-O-7 transformer straight-six dream-machine with HKS SSEC (Shape-Shifter-Electronic-Controller) in the dash next to the TEMS controller! (Toyota-Evolutionary-Machine-Specifier):biglaugh:

Why didn't TOYOTA and HKS think of that!!!???:naughty:

-crisp

hud43

hud43
Aug 15, 2005
Oak Harbor, Washington
No, I'm too inconsistent with my progress.

Being in the Navy I'm gone a lot and some times have six months to a year where I can't work on my car. I actually haven't worked on my car for a little over a year, shoot it may be two years now. I got married in January and am now on a deployment and was on a deployment at this time last year also. Wroking on the house have been my priorities, doing full remodles of two bathrooms Also have a baby on the way.
I've spent the last two years I'd say just collecting parts. I did get my engine bay finished that was a huge accomplishment. My next headach is the trunk pan. I have a small rust issue, I have a plan all worked out just need the time to take it on.
Here is a before and after of the engine bay. Still more work to be completed.
28478_130372113657664_4349637_n[1].jpg36665_130920930269449_1632919_n[1].jpg
It's hard sometimes to see the thing in the garage and not work on it, but it also alows for ideas to come up that you would have never thought of if you just did it all strait through with out stopping.

Thanks for the inspiration for when I get home.

Slayr504

Aug 16, 2012
Murica
crisp;1879691 said:

LOL, what is this, the 1950s on a racially segregated bus?! Hell no! It's a Supra forum, we can all go at the same time hahaha

hud43;1879909 said:

Being in the Navy I'm gone a lot and some times have six months to a year where I can't work on my car. I actually haven't worked on my car for a little over a year, shoot it may be two years now. I got married in January and am now on a deployment and was on a deployment at this time last year also. Wroking on the house have been my priorities, doing full remodles of two bathrooms Also have a baby on the way.
I've spent the last two years I'd say just collecting parts. I did get my engine bay finished that was a huge accomplishment. My next headach is the trunk pan. I have a small rust issue, I have a plan all worked out just need the time to take it on.
View attachment 61330View attachment 61331
It's hard sometimes to see the thing in the garage and not work on it, but it also alows for ideas to come up that you would have never thought of if you just did it all strait through with out stopping.

Thanks for serving out country. Mad props.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Slayr504;1879639 said:

Thanks. It has taken quite a bit of all those things combined!!!

crisp;1879691 said:

Miguel, I'm thinking "TONY STARK" like IRON-SUPRA with collapsible body panels and interchangeable components... a O-O-7 transformer straight-six dream-machine with HKS SSEC (Shape-Shifter-Electronic-Controller) in the dash next to the TEMS controller! (Toyota-Evolutionary-Machine-Specifier):biglaugh:

Why didn't TOYOTA and HKS think of that!!!???:naughty:

-crisp

ROFL - What would I do without you Crisp!

hud43;1879909 said:

View attachment 61330View attachment 61331

Thanks for serving! I hope at least you're able to save up some for when you get back you can blow it on the Sup LOL!

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Yesterday my car turned 23 yrs old. Like a fine wine it just keeps getting better and better everyday. I keep asking what's the trick, but I just get a headlight wink. Today, it's been with me 7 years a 11 days and I have been working on it since day 1 - if not by direct manual labor, at least plotting out the final outcome that is to be someday.

The picture below was taken in March 2007. My daughter was just under 2 years old and so was my ownership period on this car. My oldest daughter is now just over 7 years old (just like my metal baby) and I can't wait to retake the same picture below with her once the car is done.

IMG_2607_SMALL.JPG

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
^^^ WIN!

We also look forward to that picture, side-by-side to the one above!;)

-crisp