2008 Supra MKIII - Project 1BYDFALT

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
gr33kdrifter;1812747 said:
WHEN you do a 1jz swap do you need a new driveshaft or can you use the orm one which came from the 7m? and where can i get a 1 piece aluminum driceshaft

Yo man please search... This is really of no relevance to the thread... Normally I try not be an ass, and real no offense intended, but you didn't pay one cent of respect to this man before trying to jack his 60 pg+ build thread. There's a place for this stuff... Browse man! Check out the 1JZ/2JZ swap section maybe... Use the search tool on your questions before you pose them... There's a lot of info on this forum, which is why it is so useful in particular. You don't have to wait for the first available representative, you can just excavate the massive gold mine thats right in front of you....

...that being said...

DAMN man!! That thing is so freaking clean... Your work is truly an inspiration. You have put in so much time, money, and heart. It makes me hope that one day I can even attempt to build my car up one tenth of the vehicle yours is. Very very impressive.

Edit: I'm slow and even more of a douchebag now. Talk about a shaftmaster...

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Dani thank you for helping gr33. Crsupra, thanks! Appreciate that. It's been LOTS of work. I just finished painting my interior black. I want to do red and titanium accents. I have tried about 5 different kinds of paint (about $150 so far) and I just haven't hit the nail in the head yet... So frustrating....

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Supraholics;1813065 said:
I want to do red and titanium accents. I have tried about 5 different kinds of paint (about $150 so far) and I just haven't hit the nail in the head yet... So frustrating....

This paint being for the interior black or the accents? What did you use to paint the interior? I ask because I intend to black mine out simply because the interior, in my opinion, remains unparalleled in that color.

Are Supras ever really finished??

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

Dani87x

OATHKEEPER III%
Oct 11, 2009
Miami FL
Supraholics;1813065 said:
Dani thank you for helping gr33. Crsupra, thanks! Appreciate that. It's been LOTS of work. I just finished painting my interior black. I want to do red and titanium accents. I have tried about 5 different kinds of paint (about $150 so far) and I just haven't hit the nail in the head yet... So frustrating....

That's what were here for :3

As for the interior, it SOUNDS good but WHERE ARE THE PICS? :D

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
gr33kdrifter;1812747 said:
WHEN you do a 1jz swap do you need a new driveshaft or can you use the orm one which came from the 7m? and where can i get a 1 piece aluminum driceshaft

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

You PM'ed me asking about this and I told you to click the link in my signature. Everything you need to know about a JZ swap in a MKIII is in that thread. Seriously, don't expect to get spoon fed when there is already a thread that a Honda owner can follow and do a JZ swap with.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
CRsupraiii;1813213 said:
This paint being for the interior black or the accents? What did you use to paint the interior? I ask because I intend to black mine out simply because the interior, in my opinion, remains unparalleled in that color.

Are Supras ever really finished??

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone

Interior is already painted matte black. The accents is what I'm having issues with.

I use SEM products, which to me are the best. However, the most important part is the prep stages. Without properly prepping the surface, it doesn't matter which paint you use, it may peel off. I also use adhesion promoter for added security.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Dani87x;1813294 said:
That's what were here for :3

As for the interior, it SOUNDS good but WHERE ARE THE PICS? :D

Dani, I'm horrible at taking pics while working on my car. I get involved and completely forget to take progress pics. I'll take a few pics later.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Supraholics;1813366 said:
Gotta follow natural progression... First Dave, then me...

I like that order, takes the pressure off me

Supraholics;1813369 said:
Dani, I'm horrible at taking pics while working on my car. I get involved and completely forget to take progress pics. I'll take a few pics later.

I'm in for pics too, are they done yet?

Dani87x

OATHKEEPER III%
Oct 11, 2009
Miami FL
Supraholics;1813369 said:

I will hold you to that. :biglaugh:

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
I took the car out today to snap a few pics for you guys, and for myself as well (iPhone pics btw). I wanted to see it under the sunlight. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to wash it and enjoy it for a bit. This is the third time its been out of the garage in 7 years!

This is how the car sits as of today. Is full of dirt and you're also going to see all sorts of plugs, screws, and bolts loose; please don't mind that. As I've said in the past, I'm replacing every single bolt, nut, cover, etc, with new OEM or aftermarket (whatever I like) or refurbishing them back to new condition (doing it the right way though). The same applies to every piece whether is visible or not.

IMG_2481_SMALL.JPG

IMG_2457_SMALL.JPG

IMG_2456_SMALL.JPG

IMG_2456.JPG

Should make for a pretty loud cabin when I want it, or quiet when I don't!
IMG_2467_SMALL.JPG

Is empty, dirty and hungry, but hopefully I'd be feeding it soon!
IMG_2469_SMALL.JPG

Only way to keep your fenders secure. 180,000psi resistant - It's Important! (right Dan???) LOL
IMG_2471_SMALL.JPG

Custom made fuel and brake lines. Made out of stainless steel. Fuel feed should be good for 1,000whp. I'm just looking for 1/2 that really.
IMG_2473_SMALL.JPG

That is LOW!
IMG_2474_SMALL.JPG

It won't stay this low... Also, I'm not going with those arms anymore. Getting custom adjustable arms top & bottom from Beechperformance.
IMG_2476_SMALL.JPG

IMG_2478_SMALL.JPG

Sneak peek of my interior pieces painted black. There are still 2 more colors to be applied. Those will be the accent colors. Everything is painted, but mostly wrapped since It would take all of my garage floor to lay them around. Toooo many pieces.
IMG_2524_SMALL.JPG

IMG_2477.JPG

IMG_2477_SMALL.JPG

Last edited: