2008 Supra MKIII - Project 1BYDFALT

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Popped in for a rare look! AND SOMETHING TO SEEEE! WOOT!

Purdy, purdy, PURDY!:)

Keep up the EXCEPTIONAL work, son!

-crisp

suprakid93

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Sterling IL
holy crap...Started the first page at 10:30..and just finish at 12:41. 121 pages and there is a bucket under my mouth catching my saliva. This car is going to be amazing when finished. Currently doing 87 resto 1jz swap. Inspired alot of great ideas for a 19 year old ;P Great job. +1000

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
I started working on the next phase of the project - the interior. I had the entire interior painted and stored a couple months ago. It was quite a long and tedious process - to do it the right way anyways - specially when you have so many tiny parts.

IMG_0262.JPG

Another wonderful/painful task was to choose colors and materials - This was a double edge sword simply because there's more than one combination that I really like, but I was able to narrow it down in the end.

IMG_3282_SMALL.JPG

Just trying stuff out.
IMG_3284_SMALL.JPG

I'm starting from the back to the front. In order to install all the panels, I had to finish doing the insulation (sound deadening), speakers, seat belts, etc. I redid the foam insulation on the rear speakers.

IMG_0631.JPG

IMG_0633.JPG

This is where the 8" sub-woofer will go.

IMG_3286_SMALL.JPG

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Wow looking good

You are tempting me to paint all my interior pieces a darker color now

Keen to see that subwoofer setup when its completed

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Got the subwoofer in place. I've had this woofer for a while and decided to keep it as it works great and is perfect for my goals. Plus made by Pyle in the USA!

P7220255_SMALL.jpg

Also redid the headliner in alcantara. It came out absolutely incredible. Pictures do it NO justice at all!!! It feels great to sit inside now!

P7070186_SMALL.jpg

P7070187_SMALL.jpg

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Looking good

Its great to see you making some more progress with the build, its motivated me to get a little more active with mine, I'm polishing a couple parts this weekend ....

How is the woofer mounted in that location and will you be making any form of hole in the interior trim that goes in front of it?

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
HKS_TRD;1861282 said:
Looking good

Its great to see you making some more progress with the build, its motivated me to get a little more active with mine, I'm polishing a couple parts this weekend ....

How is the woofer mounted in that location and will you be making any form of hole in the interior trim that goes in front of it?

Hey Dan. The woofer is mounted on a plate covered by sound deadening and held by screws. The entire inside is as enclosed as I could get it and the bass is routed to come out through speaker hole on the panel up top. The only cutting necessary on the plastic panel was on the inside as there is a piece that goes into where the woofer is at now by about 5 inches. I'll also be covering the little door that goes there with speaker fabric.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Supraholics;1861186 said:
Hit a little wall with the interior and may have to wait for a bit. Might put my adjustable arms in this Sunday.

IMG_3365_SMALL.jpg

IMG_3366_SMALL.jpg

Put my initials on them for a more personal touch.
IMG_3367_SMALL.jpg

IMG_3368_SMALL.jpg

IMG_3370_SMALL.jpg

SHWINNNNNNNNNNG!!!

I'd personalize those TOO, Miguel! Fantastic!;)

-crisp