1UZ Supra swap

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
Dyno videos and dyno sheet from this weekend. Sorry, they were not set up for torque readings when they had me on the dyno. We had to specifically request this but they failed to inform us of this when we paid, they were more into doing speed/HP readings instead. Enjoy!

First Run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqUDoEs_200

Second Run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGfkgqMgSCg

Third Run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqbch3RFuFk

All runs from front view
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7xitUXIUUo

Dyno sheet
http://picasaweb.google.com/1uzsupra/DynoRuns?feat=directlink

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
milisakeracing;1074793 said:
Having used the drawing (version 2) from the thread http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4435&highlight=4+pin+ecu that Anodyne pointed me to, I made sure EO1, EO2, E1, and E2 are all grounded.

I know this is old, but I will comment because it isn't quite true. Never do anything with E2, but be sure the sensors are hooked up to it are not interfered with to the computer. Do not ground it.

E2 is a clean ground. Meaning filtered through the computer, so that it is really at 0V. Don't ground it. It is for accuracy.

milisakeracing;1070295 said:
especially if anyone has an '87 Toyota Supra TEWD available as well as the wiring diagrams for the '93 SC400 with wire colors as well (not just the ECU pinouts).

Keep your eyes open for when your year comes up.

Ebay

And you can always order direct. I have said it many times, I highly recomend the factory EWD for projects. Toyota makes the best diagrams that I use professionaly.

Jay Marks-Champion Toyota

I love the project. Get it to SILV if you can.

sthmstr

May 29, 2008
Colorado
I've seen pics of your build while google searching images. Super cool to find your actual build thread! Awesome work!!!! Huge inspiration for me!!!! I have an 88 turbo that I want to do the same thing with!

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
Nick M;1315952 said:
I know this is old, but I will comment because it isn't quite true. Never do anything with E2, but be sure the sensors are hooked up to it are not interfered with to the computer. Do not ground it.

E2 is a clean ground. Meaning filtered through the computer, so that it is really at 0V. Don't ground it. It is for accuracy.

Keep your eyes open for when your year comes up.

Ebay

And you can always order direct. I have said it many times, I highly recomend the factory EWD for projects. Toyota makes the best diagrams that I use professionaly.

Jay Marks-Champion Toyota

I love the project. Get it to SILV if you can.

Thanks for the advice Nick. I'd love to get the car out to SILV, just not sure I could get the time off needed to drive that distance and back and still enjoy the show. Maybe one day when I get rich I'll just have it trucked out ;)

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
sthmstr;1316784 said:
I've seen pics of your build while google searching images. Super cool to find your actual build thread! Awesome work!!!! Huge inspiration for me!!!! I have an 88 turbo that I want to do the same thing with!

Glad to hear my stuff is finally showing up in Google searches. The project has its own web site as well at http://1uzsupra.com which had links to all of the photos, videos, and write-ups I have done plus links to other people's projects, vendors, and related forums.

sthmstr

May 29, 2008
Colorado
milisakeracing;1317271 said:
Glad to hear my stuff is finally showing up in Google searches. The project has its own web site as well at http://1uzsupra.com which had links to all of the photos, videos, and write-ups I have done plus links to other people's projects, vendors, and related forums.

Sweet! I will check it out!!

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
Not quite related to my build but since so many are interested in the build but have yet to see it or experience it I thought I'd post this bit of news. If you have Forza 3, you to may purchase an MkIII and swap in a 1UZ-FE in the game! After a quick build and review, I noticed only one mistake, the weight after the swap is slightly heavier than the original weight which is incorrect.

rob1

Nov 6, 2009
tennessee
Dude im pretty new to this sight but i have a 1987 mk3 with an 89 7mge that i just put into it, i am definatly considering the same swap. I think the easiet route would be to buy a whole SC400 that was totaled so i will have all the parts needed except bell housing adapter and motor mounts. from your experience with this build, would you think that would be better especialy for wiring purposes or do you think better luck would come from the way you went about doing it.

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
rob1;1471825 said:
Dude im pretty new to this sight but i have a 1987 mk3 with an 89 7mge that i just put into it, i am definatly considering the same swap. I think the easiet route would be to buy a whole SC400 that was totaled so i will have all the parts needed except bell housing adapter and motor mounts. from your experience with this build, would you think that would be better especialy for wiring purposes or do you think better luck would come from the way you went about doing it.

If you have the time and space to part out the car and you can get a good deal then go with the car. Depending on the condition, you could probably make some money back from parting the rest of it out. I went with just the engine and ended up having to hunt down a full harness, AFM, ECU and some other odds and ends that I wouldn't have had to if I would have had a parts car but I didn't have the space or time to do it that way.

Also, if you're in TN, you are in luck. There is someone down there who has had his finished for quite some time now. I think he is in Oak Ridge. He is GT400 on here, name's Daniel.

7mLove

Addict
Nov 11, 2009
Barksdale AFB, Louisiana United States
hey im porbally not looking hard enough but is your site updated i wanna see the progress on this thing i know the thread was started like 3 years ago but is it done? any pics? tryin to give me a write up hahahahah good luck on this thing if its not already done and congrats on your baby

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
7mLove;1494495 said:
hey im porbally not looking hard enough but is your site updated i wanna see the progress on this thing i know the thread was started like 3 years ago but is it done? any pics? tryin to give me a write up hahahahah good luck on this thing if its not already done and congrats on your baby

Yup, been done for a while now. The engine swap was finished the first year, then the next winter (last winter) it had much of the suspension redone although this part is not completely finished since I need to make some adjustable end-links for a set of ST bars I have sitting in the garage, replace the ST bars' bushings and get the trailing arms reinforced before the bars are installed.

There are lots of little things that I need to get done on it but nothing that has stopped it from being driven and shown at events. Right now it is down for the salt season here in Michigan and I cannot wait for Spring to arrive so I can drive it again! I had hoped to install some form of FI this Winter but with the baby arriving this April, the budget was directed to that project :)

My build site is the most up to date location for this project, http://1uzsupra.com

the ghoul

Sep 30, 2009
warren, MI
milisakeracing;1498015 said:
Thanks, can't wait to see yours on the road and also meet up with the other there in Clio sometime as well.

yeah man, id be down...
lol
also my tattoo artist is still working at body armor out there in k-zoo... ive been wanting to get more ink....so i might just be heading out that way before end of summer any way....
but yeah i really want to attend that import show out at 131 motor park this year with the car.

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
After an extensive break the next phase of the project is about to begin. I will be attempting to get a twin turbo setup fabricated and in running condition before August 27th. I have already purchased a MR2 electric power steering pump and related computer/driver/electrical bits that go with it. I have five of eight green top Supra injectors coming in the mail and as soon as I get over eight here, I'll be sending them in for blueprinting. Two CT26s should be in the mail today or tomorrow as well.

In another couple of weeks I'll be getting a Megasquirt 3 w/3.57 board and the expansion board. Then I'll be sourcing some more AN fittings and lines, twin inlet/single outlet intercooler, and looking for a welder to do some exhaust and intake welding. Pictures will start flowing again as I start into it.

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
MA70 Ed;1715980 said:
LOL make sure your passengers wear diapers!

LOL, it won't be too big of an increase to start with. I should be starting at the stock 6-7psi and then raising it to 10-13psi as I get it tuned in. Probably have to replace the pp and clutch at that point.

Last edited:

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
daaammmnnn TT 1uz! gonna be a quick freakin supra lol

i have always day dreamed of doin that to my 96 taco...

Looks great man!