1UZ Supra swap

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
milisakeracing;1715961 said:
After an extensive break the next phase of the project is about to begin. I will be attempting to get a twin turbo setup fabricated and in running condition before August 27th. I have already purchased a MR2 electric power steering pump and related computer/driver/electrical bits that go with it. I have five of eight green top Supra injectors coming in the mail and as soon as I get over eight here, I'll be sending them in for blueprinting. Two CT26s should be in the mail today or tomorrow as well.

In another couple of weeks I'll be getting a Megasquirt 3 w/3.57 board and the expansion board. Then I'll be sourcing some more AN fittings and lines, twin inlet/single outlet intercooler, and looking for a welder to do some exhaust and intake welding. Pictures will start flowing again as I start into it.

Wow, I'm really going to have to jump on the turbo 1UZ-Supra band wagon :) Sound like fun, keep us updated!

White Zombie

Feb 1, 2007
Hampton , VA
very nice man, totally digging the CT's ! whats your final power goal ?
BTW, i had some CT flanges cut out for a Mani project i was working on , I could get some extras cut out for you if you need .lmk

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
White Zombie;1727334 said:
very nice man, totally digging the CT's ! whats your final power goal ?
BTW, i had some CT flanges cut out for a Mani project i was working on , I could get some extras cut out for you if you need .lmk

This is just the initial proof of concept so we'll only be working in the 6-10 PSI range which should get us in the 300-400HP range. After this stage is completed, another engine will be on a stand in the shop being built for quite a bit higher levels ;)

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
The picture album linked above has been updated several times over the past few weeks as we've reached some milestones.

The radiator has now been test fitted after moving it forward 3-3.5" and creating new bottom mounts for it.

The intercooler has been test fitted after mounts were fabbed and welded in place. Bumper was fitted to check for clearance. At some point I may decide to install a Turbo A duct replica to get some more airflow to it.

The MR2 electric power steering pump has been mounted after creating a small frame for it. Visited the hydraulic shop yesterday and they're creating the new line for me and trimming down and refitting the high pressure line with a new fitting. Should be ready between tomorrow and Friday while I work on relocating the reservoir plumbing it in too then on to wiring.

Exhaust manifolds were hacked off and the flanges split. The flanges and bell mounts will be reused in a log style manifold which should get started some time this week.

The oil pan still needs to be dropped and taken to the welder to have the -10AN weld bungs welded on. Not looking forward to this since it is the secondary pan that needs to be dropped and then both pans need to be cleaned and resealed.

The Megasquirt3 kit, MS3X board and Innovate WB items all arrived. Looking forward to doing some soldering very soon!

Still need to order the Tial bov and wastegates plus their flanges and probably some more bends while I'm at it to start routing the intercooler inlets and outlet. A bit more shaving will need to be done to fit the 3" piping for the IC outlet through the original hole in the fender area in order to route it to the intake.

Exhaust from the turbos back still needs to be fabbed as well plus most of the -4, -6, and -10 lines.

Still hoping for an August 27th debut but I feel time slipping away more quickly every day as I look at the stuff that still needs to be completed.

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
hvyman;1741118 said:
You going to run twins?

You going to make a log style out of tube vs cast?

Build looks good.

For this build the manifolds are being built out of mild steel SCH40 piping and weld els, otherwise known as black pipe. Just doing a basic log style manifold for each side, facing forward to mate with the turbos on the front of the engine. Next time around I'll see if I can make room for a tubular exhaust manifold where each port gets its own runner and they're collected up front in either a 4-1 or three 2-1s. There just isn't a lot of room in the engine bay of the MkIII for all of this stuff, lol!

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
hvyman;1743618 said:
Come on now. Uber super sexy tiwn tubulars would be sick. You have it in you my friend.

Next version my friend, next version. In the meantime, the Tial wastegates and bov arrived today!

Attachments

• WP_000271.jpg
    WP_000271.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 10
  • WP_000272.jpg
    WP_000272.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 11
  • WP_000274.jpg
    WP_000274.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 9