1JZ with ct26

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
The driftmotion ct-1j mod is very good. It is direct bolt on with little mod and there is a kit with all hoses to run oil feed and return. It is ment to be an alternative to replacing the stock twins when they start smoking. Origionally some people where having trouble with the stock twins after a couple years because they would start smoking real bad and having two turbos rebuilt was expensive. You can take this and have a very nice 57 trim put on and have great boost without losing much to spool time.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
I was about to go with the kit but changed my mind. Then I saw one in person and I'm so glad I went t4 from the get go. If you're already doing the swap, just save the extra money and go with a full t4 setup. It is definitely worth it!

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
57trim CT26 with a ceramic coated exhaust housing is currently being put on my car, along with a ddp, wideband, and a 1lb underdrive pulley. I'll let you guys know how it compares to stock twins when I get it back from driftmotion :)

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
I'm thinking of doing this also. The nice thing about the adaptor is, it leaves you the option for a LIPP Boss series turbo, and retains the internal w/g. I'm completely done with super loud "look at me" exhausts and externally vented w/g's. I want my car to kick the livin' shit out of yours,:icon_razz and be quiet doing it!:naughty: The other route is tempting too, MKIV twins w/ 550cc injectors. They would (of course) be modded to the parallel mode!
Patiently waiting on the verdict for the CT .57 trim.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Just a couple of things to add.

Stock 1jz cleaned up. I'm sure Matjk misses her.
p1069836_1.jpg

And anyone who has'nt seen bikini racer run that 11.01 on stock twins on her mk4 is missing out on how good the twins can be.
http://www.bikiniracer.com/

I would say while its out either the 1j or 2j have everything cleaned/upgraded so when it does go in its the way you want it Ken.

7MsuprO

Apr 29, 2006
Huntington Beach CA/Ohio
Id have to say it would be worthwhile if you already had an upgraded ct26 lying around from a cost standpoint. Otherwise, at 400 bucks for the manifold, 600ish for a ct upgrade (why do all this and put a stock turbo on?), plus lines which are not provided i believe, you're at 1100 plus. After all that, youre still limited to the ct26's potential even if it is upgraded. You could put together a t4 setup for that or even yet, DM's $1500 kit. Polished/ceramic coated turbo, downpipe included also. Plus you'd have way more head room...

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
^ True enough, but I think the quick spool up, and driveability factor is something that is a big consideration for some. I've seen a few people go big, and lose some "friendliness" for the day to day grind. The Ct kit takes away from the aesthetics of the engine, but even it can be polished up, and end up looking decent with the right intake. If I can find something that outlasts the twins with elevated boost levels (15-18psi) hits down low well, and still makes 320-350rwhp, for less than $1200.00 I'd be pretty happy. Anything above that, on 92 octane would just be a bonus!:icon_razz

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
91T breezen';1069965 said:
^ True enough, but I think the quick spool up, and driveability factor is something that is a big consideration for some. I've seen a few people go big, and lose some "friendliness" for the day to day grind. The Ct kit takes away from the aesthetics of the engine, but even it can be polished up, and end up looking decent with the right intake. If I can find something that outlasts the twins with elevated boost levels (15-18psi) hits down low well, and still makes 320-350rwhp, for less than $1200.00 I'd be pretty happy. Anything above that, on 92 octane would just be a bonus!:icon_razz

gt35R wil do that plus some and still full boost at like 2500rpm.

mid 300's prolly at like 15psi.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Well I'm estimating that I'd need about at least $5000 to do the swap I want, and that's just parts and not what it would cost for the harness to be adjusted.
I could sell my rebuilt 7m to help out with that but the rest will take some time to save up for, and I still need to do suspension and body work.

Hopefully by the time I can come up with that kind of cash, there'll still be some jdm supra clips available.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
*flame suit on*

With front clips getting scarce, it will be easier to just go 2J and have a fricking torque like the 7M has...

You aren't even full BPU on the 7M. At stock levels it's a bit of a dog, but with mods it wakes up nicely...

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Poodles;1070077 said:
*flame suit on*

With front clips getting scarce, it will be easier to just go 2J and have a fricking torque like the 7M has...

You aren't even full BPU on the 7M. At stock levels it's a bit of a dog, but with mods it wakes up nicely...

Take your flame suit off. There'll be no flaming in this thread. :) A 2J would be my first choice but isn't there quite a bit more money involved with that though? I'm very JZ illiterate. I've been looking at every JZ thread I can find today trying to learn what I can about them. After riding in jugodegolf 2J powered car, I'm a fan.