1JZ with ct26

Dejvid1785

Boostaholic
Jan 27, 2008
Cumming, GA
I'm just finishing my 1j ct26 setup. As soon as its tuned and dynoed i will show the results. I'm running a 60 trim ct 26, SARD 540's, walbro pump, 3 inch downpipe and exhaust, boost controller, Safc, Spec stage 3 clutch, etc.

1JZS13

Aug 9, 2008
BROCAL-SOCAL
Dejvid1785;1107667 said:
I'm just finishing my 1j ct26 setup. As soon as its tuned and dynoed i will show the results. I'm running a 60 trim ct 26, SARD 540's, walbro pump, 3 inch downpipe and exhaust, boost controller, Safc, Spec stage 3 clutch, etc.
im really looking forward to seein the results.. GET VIDEOS!!!

hamgatan

Jul 26, 2008
Perth
z20soarer.org
how much clearance do you have between the strut tower and the CT26?

im thinking it should fit fine on mine, but all you guys are running LHD Supra's with all the Brake booster and Master Cylinders all on the left hand side of the car. As my GZ20 Soarer is RHD all that crap is on the other side and I'm wondering how good clearance is going to be... Chassis is identical to a A70 except for being 2" Longer from the firewall back on the Soarer

Pic of my bay ->

DSC_0010-web.jpg

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
it should fit perfectly fine, its not going to be sitting on the back 3 exhaust flanges. its going to be right in the center. But as far as your DP goes there may be some clearance issues

hamgatan

Jul 26, 2008
Perth
z20soarer.org
correct.

i need to pull the engine anyway this time round coz im going to respray the darn bay (its got 18 years of japanese grit and grime buildup on it still that i couldn't be arsed cleaning coz i was so eager to plonk the 1J in there... cars not being driven at the moment anyway and won't be for a while so ill take my time with it.

Dejvid1785

Boostaholic
Jan 27, 2008
Cumming, GA
I'm excited to see the results myself. As far as clearance i have a picture i can show you. The downpipe i got from optionimports fits perfect also, its the one that eliminates the turbo elbow. Take a look...........

p1110482_1.jpg

p1110482_2.jpg

Dejvid1785

Boostaholic
Jan 27, 2008
Cumming, GA
I can get more pictures, i'll take some this saturday and post them up. As far as aaron he stood me up for the ct manifold i had to buy my used from someone.

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
Aaron is a great guy and yes he is very very busy right now. I just got some stuff from him this week and he told me he's swamped right now. Even still, he got me my parts quickly and you should never hesitate to do business with driftmotion, you can always trust their parts and never have to worry when you order from driftmotion.

1JZS13

Aug 9, 2008
BROCAL-SOCAL
AGlobalThreat;1110612 said:
Aaron is a great guy and yes he is very very busy right now. I just got some stuff from him this week and he told me he's swamped right now. Even still, he got me my parts quickly and you should never hesitate to do business with driftmotion, you can always trust their parts and never have to worry when you order from driftmotion.

i 2nd that just give him a ring if you need anything.

Oppie1

I Love Money Pits
Sep 17, 2006
Albany, NY
www.ryanoppelt.com
AGlobalThreat;1111048 said:
Yep over the phone or through the site I've never ordered anything from him any other way and I've never had any problems.

Same here.
I ordered the CT26 manifold kit for the 1JZ awhile ago, however my motor still isn't close to running to give any results. Anxiously awaiting to see some numbers!

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
1JZS13;1111308 said:
come on guys sumone has to have numbers here.... let get them up

with a MOD list

I didnt want to post them cuz I wasn't happy with them but if you really want to know that bad..

I made 338rwhp and 300rwtq letting off at 6k cuz it was running too lean.
Boost was inconsistent and creeping, I was told 17-18psi @ 6k (Hopefully fixing tomorrow)
This was done on a stock 1j with stock fuel and stock ecu. :nono:
Mods: 57Trim CT26, Bic DDP, 3" straight catless exhaust, 24"x12"x4" FMIC, 1lb Driftmotion Underdrive Pulley, Jun 11lb Flywheel, Jawsgear Steel 1pc Driveshaft, and ~13.5lb FD3S RX7 Rims w/ Nitto Drag Radials.

Wastegate opening at 10psi....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKFWotv6WW4

Upgraded fuel pump, 550s, AEM FIC, 2jz usdm cams, and some other goodies will be installed soon before I take it back to the dyno in a couple weeks for round 2.

I can't wait to see what it puts out after I get everything fixed :naughty:

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
Today a much bigger fuel pump was installed and the wastegate was ported. I also fixed a vac leak, it was open this entire time (Ever since the single install). It feels much stronger but I still haven't kept the pedal down, just doing quick bursts. Not sure what RPM but spool is very fast, almost instant, hardly a change from stock twins (Incredibly streetable). 550's and AFPR is next, hopefully we'll get the cams in soon, then it will be ready for the dyno tune.