1JZ Translated Manual

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Engine torque Specs would be nice. Crankshaft Pulley, cam gears, valve covers, spark plugs, etc....

mobes said:
I've been working on it. I got my hands on a Japanese OCR and I've been doing it in my spare time. It's going slow (lots of OCR errors to correct, formatting to change, etc). I'm about 10% or so done now. I hope to start putting pages up on 1JZ.com in the coming weeks. Is there any particular section anyone would like translated first?

dylan

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2006
quebec
I am definently up for this manual and there are a number of people in the Quebec Supra Club that are running swaps...but when .......Later Barry

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Torque specs are already there, read the accompanying doc for how to decipher them.

I should have the first bit of it online in 2 weeks or so. I'm about to move to Texas, so spare time for this stuff is non-existent for a while.

However, take a look at what I scored on YJ yesterday:
http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w12669194

(It's the Japanese TSRM for A70 and A80 Supras)

Now I just need to wait 6 weeks or so to get it.

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
MA717MGTE said:
how do you bid on the yahoo auctions? most will (as in yours) ship internationally!
You mean (won't) ship internationally?

I use Rinkya (www.rinkya.com). They are a bit spendy ($35 fee per auction), but are pretty much your only choice.

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
any updates on a translated manual?

I tried sending the jdm manual to my old boss, where I worked at a place that did OCR'ing and translating, but he doesn't have the capability for japanese to english...

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
I've got the OCR part down, the biggest issue is having the time to do it and tackling the differences between Japanese and English grammar.

I'm in the middle of moving right now, so my desktop computer is in storage. Hopefully I'll be back at it in the next week or so.

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Sorry guys, I decided to buy a house, so I'm in a hotel for a couple weeks until I close. That means the computer is in storage :(

I intend to make it freely available, so put your $$$ away.

The Doc

JZA70 twinpower
Aug 5, 2005
Netherlands
Well, couldn't we like "sponsor" you, on a voluntary basis?
Lots of people how create freeware use this. :icon_bigg
Maybe you could look into this, after the house is fully decorated and stuff and the computer is back from storage. :naughty:

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Some good news:

My CD from Japan came today. I now have service manuals including wiring diagrams for all JDM Supras MKIII and MKIV. They're in Japanese.

Also, I'm finally closing on the house on Friday.

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Don't give up yet, I'm still here. ;)

If all goes well here, look for the first parts of it by the weekend...

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
mobes said:
OK, I got the first few bits up. Here's the URL:

http://www.1jz.com/tech/docs/engine_manual/

The viewer is very primitive, I hammered it out tonight, so it's ugly as hell and expect a few bugs.

You are the man!! That is really awesome. I hope that some of us can find a way to return the favor!! All I can offer is a good deal on a rear sump pan setup, or pre '89 mkIII 1JZ motor mount brackets lol...But I def wouldn't mind paypal'ing you a 'donation' otherwise!!

I'm looking forward to printing the entire thing out and reading through it!! There are a lot of simple q's that will be answered...

Thanks again

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
+1 looks amazing so far.. I had to keep telling myself it didn't come at all that way, just looked so damn professional I kept forgetting that haha.

BLK-SUPRA

SeniorMember of SF.com.au
May 22, 2006
Aust\Melb
www.supraforums.com.au
THANK MAN.. I AM GOING TO BE EAGERLY WAITING FOR THE REST OF IT..
but wanted to point out sumthing.. ur missing page 14, the Bolt specs i think.

but thankz a lot.. this will help me heaps on my 1JZ Converion with a overhaul!