1JZ places for tech/swap and parts

badz101

May 25, 2009
melbourne
hello everyone, im currently doing a 1jz swap off a soarer in to my ma70. Honestly i dont know where to start from. any one done this before or any ideas??? i already got jz flywheel and bellhousing. i need help with mounting the engine. what do i need? thankyou in advance

Backfire

Jan 14, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Just went to the local auto parts store, And they said the NGK changed their part numbers a while back.. So the spark plugs that are listed 3330 and 6097 are now 6282(3330) and 4644(6097)
I bought the 6282 and they fit, but haven't had a chance to test them, since engine is not in car ATM. But I will confirm that they work tomorrow when they are installed in another car.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
i would like to the list of interchangeable parts between the 7m and 1j. valve cover gaskets, and grommets.

this is a very helpful page, will someone please clean it up? There is far too much waste here.

As requested by Kai, I am posting this here for you guys.

I have spent rather a large amount of time pulling together all the wafty information on the 1JZ wiring & control systems during my build.

I have now managed to collect together the data, cross check it, continue the testing & research to fill in all the missing parts & provide more detailed information for the 1jz Supra wiring.

I have also checked, cross referenced & compiled the information for the 1JZ ECT (auto) control - which is in built within the TCCS.

To the best of my knowledge & testing, the information is correct. Obviously if discrepancies are noted, I would like to know so I can continue to better the information.

I have compiled all this on one page for your convenience HERE at Supradupra.com.

Also I now have now compiled a complete1JZ Digi Dash pin out HERE

Hydrofan 2jz pump swap info HERE

Hopefully this is of use to people & this is possibly worth a sticky.

As work continues I will be adding more & more information, digidash has to be another one that needs compiling all in one place, no messing - there again, I have popped what I have on my site.

Please don't hot link to the pictures on the site direct, I have my bandwidth to think about :)

This thread is a serious mess with loads of dead links & deletable posts, are there no mods tackling this? Well overdue, could be a great resource.

Last edited:

mk3forme

Apr 5, 2005
Lexington KY
awesome info supradupra. I for one, can appreciate how much time and effort you have put into this. Im very much looking forward to spending more time on your site when available. And im sure this info will be most helpful when I install my 1jz as well. Thanks again!!!

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
mattsplat72;1606449 said:
Got a question. Can/Will a OEM 2jzgte o2 sensor work with a JZX90 ecu and harness?

Nope. It has an external ground wire so the plug is different. You can use a later 7m one though.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Falken;1647500 said:
can a 7m fan blade off the clutch fan fit on a 2jz clutch fan?

Nope, you've got to use jz fan parts.
None of the 7m bolts, will line up.