1JZ places for tech/swap and parts

S

Supracharged88

hey guys i dont know if you knew this but a 2jz rear main seal works on a 1j. i just replace mine with one from a toyota dealership that i work at. i think if you go into any dealership they can order one and have the next day its $56 cnd so i dont know what that is in US.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
Can anyone confirm that for a 1J flywheel I can use a 7m with the 2j bolt pattern? Is it really that simple?

edit: for the time being, can I get my 7m flywheel redrilled to fit the 1j?

Last edited:

fandffan

Aug 26, 2006
Bowling Green, OH
The starter bolts from the 7MGE work perfectly as transmission bolts for the 1JZ ( the ones that connect the tranny to the engine at the bell housing.)

drewgo

Akuna MaTata...!
Dec 1, 2006
South florida
bobiseverywhere said:
i dont think you should redrill the 7M flywheel just buy a 1j flywheel they are not that expensive. Driftmotion has some i think
I agree, does not always come out perfect and any slight imperfection will cause your engine to vibrate and wear out your bearings and eventually crankwalk and then the "boom"

BLK-SUPRA

SeniorMember of SF.com.au
May 22, 2006
Aust\Melb
www.supraforums.com.au
hey guys.. i have put down a deposit on my 1JZ half-cut, I will be looking at this tread and searching here and there for info on the MA70 - 1JZ swap and asking for help., but one thing i wanted to know.. has anyone got any info or guide to conver digital dash to work with the 1JZ LOOM and ECU?

squrillbait

Jun 5, 2005
wichita, ks
hummm..........so im to assume that a 2jz aftermarket valve train will work in my 1jz head............nice i was having trouble finding a kit for the 1j and im not trusting stock in my motor

ridox

Zealot
Sep 26, 2007
socal
bobiseverywhere;630853 said:
i dont think you should redrill the 7M flywheel just buy a 1j flywheel they are not that expensive. Driftmotion has some i think

I wouldn't recommend drilling the flywheel it would weaken it and throw it off balance. The drift motion one i saw is kinda pricey...

All you need is the 1jz flywheel which will bolt on directly to the 1jz engine with no modification, And any MKIII Supra clutch (pulltype) that will hold the torque you plan on making...

You can get a F1Racing Stage 3 clutch and 1JZ F1Racing Chromoly light flywheel from gripforce.com for $469 and if you just need the 1JZ flywheel its $198.00. I heard its a nice setup and the flywheel only weighs like 13lbs and the clutch holds like 440ft/lbs torque.

They are on ebay too Item number: 390016575792

Last edited:

ridox

Zealot
Sep 26, 2007
socal
bobiseverywhere;899450 said:
i would still stick to Driftmotion and products we know work well and last for our cars

My friend has the F1 clutch and F1 chromoly flywheel and its holding 400 torque no problem for around 6months now. Got it installed at reputable shop. Quality stuff.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
also for the Serpentine belt the Duralast# 770K6 belt at Auto Zone works on the 1J with A/C, P/S and Hydrofan perfectly.

just tell em you need a serp belt for a 1987 Oldsmobile Cutless Ciera 2.5L with A/C.

just thought i'd add that

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
For the throttle cable - Alternative to the MKIV throttle cable.

92-95 camry 4cylinder, cable from pedal to black box in the engine bay(not the one from black box to throttle body).

88-92 4 door corolla.

RWHP

Going for 1JZ
Jan 14, 2008
Ostersund
suprastanger507mgte;1019217 said:
For the throttle cable - Alternative to the MKIV throttle cable.

92-95 camry 4cylinder, cable from pedal to black box in the engine bay(not the one from black box to throttle body).

88-92 4 door corolla.

I bought the Camry throttle cable and it's to long, it reaches to the headlight :( Have to buy a MkIV throttle cable and see if it fits better.